It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country singer killed in public over smoking a cigarette.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Only read the first page of the thread, but I'm a former smoker that uses ecig , so I thought I'd throw my two cents in. First of all. I quit on June 29, 2012, so it had been a year and a half since I smoked a cigarette, I use the ecig still everyday but not nearly as much as when I first started using it. Now there are two reasons I quit smoking, first, I live in crook county Illinois and cigarettes here for so expensive I couldn't afford it any more. Second I was just at the point where I was ready to quit just because I was sick of it, I was at a point where I would smoke half of a cigarette, put it out then smoke the rest of it in a little while. Now I didn't have any breathing problems in the first place, so when I quit I didn't notice any improved breathing after a while like some people claim.I can certainly smell the difference when I'm close to or in a car with a smoker, I don't mind the smell of fresh cigarette smoke, but I do notice the smell of the chemicals they add to it in people's clothes and coming out of their pores, and that part does smell nasty. The stale cigarette smell. but if say I'm at a party and I'm sitting there with a group of smokers and there, is a cloud in my face that doesn't bother me at all , occasionally when I'm in that situation I enjoy the smell and wish I could have a cigarette,, but don't want to go back to pack a day, so I use ecig to satisfy craving.but like I said if someone blows it in my face or something , I certainly don't get mad about it or anything like that. Frankly it don't bother me that much, like I said it's the chemical smell that I think is nasty part and you can smell that part weather the person is smoking a cigarette or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I knew Wayne Mills. He was a friend and an overall great guy. I would like to point out that the bar he was in was closed at the time he was shot. He was there hanging out with the bar owner and other friends after attending a tribute concert. He was apparently friends with the bar owner. Wayne did play "Outlaw" country music, but he was by no means a jerk. He had a way of making those around him comfortable. Could he have been drunk and not on his best behavior? Sure, just like most everyone else has been at some time or another.

There are many questions about his death. Why did everyone reportedly leave the building when the fight started? How is it necessary to shot someone 3 times when they are unarmed? Why would you shot someone in the back of the head if it is self defense (This is the actual shot that killed him)? Why would the friends you have been hanging out with mis-identify you to the police, causing a delay of approx. 10 hours in notifying his family as he lay dying?

I have been reading ATS for years and I owe it to my friend to get some facts out there. I realize the debate here is about smoking, and I am not trying to weigh in on that. I would just like to bring some humanity to the victim here.

The bar owner who killed Wayne has been arrested.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I can see some use foepepping but I find it rathe stressful at time.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by klb145

he was friends with the bar owner, who shot him?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ah Ok, I know it isn't healthy but It sure is healthy for me after being assaulted at work

We have a downtime after it and the best way I calm down is having a smoke

I did try that Tobacco that is natural with nothing added to it and I enjoyed it but it went very dry after a couple of days and then very harsh..anyone know how to make it a bit moist?.
Keep it in the fridge and mix a shot of brandy in it.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The bar owner shot him. The bar owner was featured on Bar Rescue in an episode that was to air the day after Wayne died. Many of Wayne's friends protested and the prime time episode was not aired, but the late night episode was. I have not seen the episode, but apparently the bar owner came across as very "hot headed". He also had guns in the bar during the taping of the show.

I don't know how close their friendship was. Wayne has been touring the Southeast for over 20 years and he knew A LOT of people in the music and entertainment industry.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by klb145

In Texas, having a firearm in a bar is touchy as the owner. Mostly depending on how much food is served there. Which seems silly.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am a smoker who has quit smoking several times, sometimes for extended periods. "I have seen the clouds from both sides now . . . "

I live in a Nanny City, Toronto, in a Nanny State, Canada.

When I first came to Toronto, early 1970s, a smoker could light up anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE. For the younger generation that doesn't understand the meaning of the word ANYWHERE in this context it means like on the bus, on the subway, in a restaurant, on the toilet, in the theatre.

Having said all that, I think that the most diehard smoker, in this day and age, who lights up in a non-smoking room and is asked to put it out and who refuses to put it out . . . is tempting Darwin.

Today in Toronto, Nanny Capital of the Nanny Queendom, I can't even light up legally on an open air bus platform. I do, cautiously, but I could be fined. Most people with a residual level of common sense left, that hasn't been nannied out of them, couldn't care less and don't interfere.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

dude if you ever vacation to america you can smoke at my place anytime

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

stopbeingnaive

lol How do you take that as he would shoot someone? You're just as big of an idiot as the OP.

Yea...i think your thinking is too concrete to follow what I was saying.

ahhh You're from Texas. No wonder "I'd have to get confrontational" translates to shooting someone to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

stopbeingnaive

bigfatfurrytexan

stopbeingnaive

lol How do you take that as he would shoot someone? You're just as big of an idiot as the OP.

Yea...i think your thinking is too concrete to follow what I was saying.

ahhh You're from Texas. No wonder "I'd have to get confrontational" translates to shooting someone to you.

Not that I am offended....but what is the difference between you saying that, and someone else saying something like, "Oh, your black. No wonder you like fried chicken."?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Stereotypes exist for a reason. They're mostly true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join