It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO's War on Syria Just Got Dirtier.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh, who had warned as early as 2007 of US-Israeli-Saudi plans to use Al Qaeda as proxies to overthrow the Syrian government, has published another groundbreaking report titled, "Whose Sarin?" In it, Hersh states

Barack Obama did not tell the whole story this autumn when he tried to make the case that Bashar al-Assad was responsible for the chemical weapons attack near Damascus on 21 August. In some instances, he omitted important intelligence, and in others he presented assumptions as facts. Most significant, he failed to acknowledge something known to the US intelligence community: that the Syrian army is not the only party in the country’s civil war with access to sarin, the nerve agent that a UN study concluded – without assessing responsibility – had been used in the rocket attack. In the months before the attack, the American intelligence agencies produced a series of highly classified reports, culminating in a formal Operations Order – a planning document that precedes a ground invasion – citing evidence that the al-Nusra Front, a jihadi group affiliated with al-Qaida, had mastered the mechanics of creating sarin and was capable of manufacturing it in quantity. When the attack occurred al-Nusra should have been a suspect, but the administration cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad.

Continued here:- www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

There were several speculative reports/theories that the gas attack was initiated either by Saudi or Israel sponsored freedom fighter (great name that!) so the POTUS red line would be crossed and a much more meaningful war could be started. They (whoever planned/executed the deed) almost succeeded...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

At least someone is speaking out against this. We already knew this but the lies coming out of the white house were unreal... they didn't want anyone else responsible BUT Assad so they lied and lied and lied.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There are also reports that the rebels did it in order to provoke US involvement because they were losing ground at that point. I've seen some reports that suggested the sarin used was not standard weapons grade because people who were handling the victims were not also dying suggesting that the chemical weapons involved weren't the regime's.

And the best the UN report could do was conclude that sarin was used but not pinpoint who used it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

ketsuko
I've seen some reports that suggested the sarin used was not standard weapons grade because people who were handling the victims were not also dying suggesting that the chemical weapons involved weren't the regime's.

I always suspected this, I had to do a essay on organophosphates back in my college days . If it had been top grade sarin the causalities would have been far worse. Plus some of the videos floating about the news just didn't look like sarin poisoning, the corpses were too clean. Looked more like cyanide. Some of what I saw was sarin for sure but it certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am still waiting for some proof that the photos of the sarin victims we were shown by Al-queida/Muslim Brotherhood, oops I mean rebels, was anything other than a staged hoax... I mean, there may have been traces of sarin, but the photos we were shown looked pretty staged to me.

I leave you this clip as evidence of Muslim Brotherhood hoaxing in the region:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
He offers nothing but an opinion.. one which we all were singing in the days after the attack.
I looks like truth prevails in some cases because no one bombed Syria as result of the false, chemical attacks!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
He offers nothing but an opinion.. one which we all were singing in the days after the attack.
I looks like truth prevails in some cases because no one bombed Syria as result of the false, chemical attacks!

...truth didn't prevail. Weariness did. Nobody had the stomach for another war - particularly one so poorly argued as this.

The problem with Syria was fairly succinctly summed up by our (Australian) Prime Minister. It's "baddies versus baddies". That simple. On the one side you have a dictator, on the other, militant Islam, and in the middle, a whole bunch of people whose opinions don't matter to either. It's lose/lose - and the world recognised this. So, instead of intervening for the sake of the lives that have and will be lost, we stand back, and let them fight it out until enough people are dead on either side that someone can step into the leadership void.

It's ugly.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Yep.. In all honestly its a collapse of society.

Yes, the US and CIA have intervened in places like Egypt, Oman, Syria.. but this concept of dictatorships or family rule was destined to fail.

In today's age, people will not allow themselves to be ruled. Bloodlines are so fickle and this concept of ''the creator, the chosen one'' is false idol worship.

Syria's strife will spread with or without the CIA.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If the rebels had chemical weapons they would be using them right now against both Assad and the Radicals because figting a two front war is not going well for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I am a bit confused...

The Obama administration, who refuses to engage Syria in a military manner, is being accused of misleading / omitting information as to who is using the gas?

I guess my question is - Is the "erroneous" intelligence being used to keep the US out of Syria or what?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Some time back there was video footage being passed around, and has appeared on this site, showing "rebels" launching "chemical weapons contained in blue canisters" attached to the tips of the makeshift rockets.

The problem with that footage is the blue canisters were actually propane gas and not wmd / bio / chem weapons.

As for the Muslim brotherhood misleading videos - its not the first time they have done this, and that tactic has been used in ME countries in addition to Syria.

With as much funding as some of these groups get one would think they could do a better job of creating misleading videos in more abundance so we don't see the same video footage popping up in various conflicts in the ME.

The UN report to date is laying blame for war crimes at Assads doorstep (nothing new here since both sides are committing them) in addition to some of the chemical weapons attacks.

Lets ee how long it takes ME countries / organizations to cherry pick the UN findings like they did with the Harari assassination in Lebanon (Syria / Hezzbullah).

I find it funny how these groups are ok with UN results when it goes in their favor. The moment it doesn't they dismiss the info and call it a Western whitewash.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The radar at fylindales in the yorkshire moors can pick up (on the edge of its range), some of the higher missiles being fired in Syria. If they can do that from the UK, then when John Kerrys chosen words 'We know where the missiles were fired from...' was being truthful.

Although I agree that rebels firing to deliberately provoke US into the war is a possibility. In the Balkans, both sides fired on their own people (citizens) to provoke bad publicity.

new topics

top topics

join