It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 people apply to live on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Amazing how far humans have advanced in the last 200 years !

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Man, this would be my DREAM. That being said, I'm in my 30's and by the time this happens I'll be approaching 50...they need someone younger.

I'm thinking the people going up to colonize would have to be genius level folks...part Mcgyver part Bear Grylls part Einstein. I have trouble opening bottles sometimes, I forget to pay the occasional bill, no way I'm suited for anything like that.

Also, these people they send up better not be religious. If the first thing they do is blop a crucifix down in the martian sand and bless the planet...I will excommunicate myself from this race of humans.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldakoopa

That's where working as hard as possible to make up the self-sustainability threshold comes in. Once you do that, you take off and there's a whole planet for off-the-grid living.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Aldakoopa

That's where working as hard as possible to make up the self-sustainability threshold comes in. Once you do that, you take off and there's a whole planet for off-the-grid living.

A whole planet of off the grid living, or a small colonized area that can be wiped clean with a nuke if they dissent? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

rickymouse

Stormdancer777
Well see this is why I don't have a problem with the ancient astronaut theories, we may be stranded, or maybe we are going home.

www.universetoday.com...

edit on 033131p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Only men came from Mars....You gals are from Venus.

dang I forgot

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

12voltz

Amazing how far humans have advanced in the last 200 years !

I see a new avatar in my future

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

thats my ouside toilet

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

perhaps you could combine your current one with it and just open the door a little to let the breeze in ,considering others may need to spend a penny ,ie scotsdavy1 downunder .hope he likes sharing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharing‎
Sharing is the joint use of a resource or space. In its narrow sense, it refers to joint or alternating use
edit on 10-12-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
People who love to talk about the world ending, who actually want it to happen, can now go live it. It would make them happier than waiting for something that's unlikely to unfold how and when anyone thinks.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hmmm, 2025, eh?

I hope we can make that fully sustainable by 2035, else it looks to be a fail.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Okay, why weren't we informed of this earlier? I didn't get the Memo! Did any of you? Somebody dropped the ball. I wanna go

I knew about this quite a few months ago, possible a year (but I don't recall exactly)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There was a post for the application process here awhile back, along with a bunch of ridicule involving them being 'sacrifices' for what already lives there, along with lots of post of structures proving mars already had residents and some sort of liquid being poured onto the surface. The origional plan was to send 4 people up, then 4 more every few years. It is part of a study program, so essentially going there you are going to be put under a 'study'. Mainly involving social and behavior among the isolated, the training of the 4 selected members is about 10-15year process which is why they aren't getting sent til so late. Now not quite sure if they will be seeking a family of 4, or random 4 individuals, but since they will be sending another 4 a few years later I think their priority is Family or couples.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why is it that i make posts about things and no one notices it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why is it necessary to make more than one thread on a subject?

Cause the first two threads got no attention.....so another is in order?

OP: Dont look at me...i notified ATS.
edit on 12/10/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Where do I sign!!! I would definitely go if allowed the opportunity. I had heard about this sometime ago. So for me, it's not "fresh" news.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Mars One

It currently required that you put some capital up for the mission.

Thats right.......you gotta pay to play on mars.

No worries, we got nine years till the first group should arrive.
Plenty of time to gather funds.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

SLAYER69
200,000 people apply to live on Mars

(CNN) -- If you have ambitions of being one of the first people on Mars, listen up: A Dutch company says it is moving along with its plan to send four lucky Earthlings to colonize the Red Planet. The catch: They won't ever come back.

Seems legit.

edit on 11-12-2013 by Shuye because: fixing tags

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Slayer! Ay, Slayer!

Do you think they know somethin ? I mean cause I do.
No, don't no, not the deer in the head lights Slayer
cmon, they know and so do you.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You couldn't click a link on the internet without reading about MarsOne and the chance to go start something new and exciting on the Red Planet. This new article is great information, thanks for the post.

Pity you missed the call though, they started it nearly a year ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Before that, we need to establish a deal with the residents...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Sign me up.

I'd rather be in a seed ship off exploring the universe though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join