It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not ready.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why don't you fit in? You think compassion and caring are rare? Sorry to say but it sounds like you yourself think you're better than most or that you have attributes that the rest of us don't. Really? Thanks for looking down on the rest of humanity.

a reply to: zysin5

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

An assumption on your behalf AutumnWitch, never at any point did I say I am better than you or anyone else. Such mind sets are picture proof why we are not ready.
If I was an alien being, with Mightier than tho thoughts, You yourself would not stand for it. Hence yet again proving my point WE are not ready.

I was just pointing out the equal rights movements, and how some get rights that others do not.
Yeah I have been crapped on plenty. Yet I have empathy for those same people. Does that make me "better" than them. Nah. It only makes me someone who decides to take the high road when faced with such things.

As per your post. You can't even see eye to eye with another human being. How you going to react to a whole other Race of beings? Not to well I could guess. Both of us, you and me, are hard wired, and have human minds. We only know what our experience allows us.
So my points are no more valid than yours.

And to answer you, YES compassion is rare, from my point of view. Walk a mile in my shoes, and then you might have a slight clue of what I am trying to convey. Have you ever been denied something in a store? Has everyone been super sweet to you in this world?
Honestly? Ever been denied service for being who you are? Ever been told by groups of people, we do not serve "your Kind" in here.
Ever been run out of small towns? Ask yourself these things, and reflect upon that. Do you get to enjoy the rights of marriage with someone you love very much? Honest questions you need to ask yourself. I do not get such rights to marry the person I love. Less I pack up and move. (That is being forced out of a zone, and falls under bully terms.)

I am NO better than anyone else.. In fact I have less rights than most people have the luxury of having in their every day lives.

I will end with this tho. Thanks to the compassion of those who surround me in my times of need, and all those fighting the good fight. So in one essence yes their is compassion, but it is met head on by hate, and ignorance. And seems to be at a deadlock at the moment.
Until the whole world can equally share all rights, then I may change my stance on compassion.
edit on 23314032185 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We are ready for full disclosure.
The aliens aren't ready for the result of same.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
It sounds like you think the aliens would be some kind of gift we had to earn. Even being advanced enough to get here doesn't mean they are a better race than us. And doesn't even mean they are not exactly like us and kill fellow creatures.
And what do you mean by respect animals? We shouldn't eat them? Sorry but even that "Book" says we have dominion over the beasts. We don't need to respect them. Just don't be cruel. BTW I love my pets. Those that I have now and those who have passed on.
We're all made from the same stuff. You're setting up the aliens as better than us. That's a formula for hatred and war in case you don't recognize it.

Your pets are property under federal law. You are really missing the whole point.
All living beings need some form of respect. Some deserve rights, ever been to a zoo? And see the look on their eyes?
I always give thanks to the animal that gave its life for me to eat. Not some guy in the sky.. I pay my respect to the animals I consume. Each steak, every bit of meat, I pay my respects. (I feel the native American Indians had it right, and I follow many of their ways.
We could learn a lot from that culture and how they treat animals, with great respect. As they are part of this Earth, thus part of us.

(Sorry for the loss of your pets, I too have gone through that! I give you my condolences.)
You say we don't need to respect them.
I respectfully disagree.

And you have proven without a doubt we are not ready.
Stick to your "book" and have a great day!
Religion is a whole other reason why we are not ready, but not touching that with you, as it will turn into a back and forth, quoting passages from your "book".

The Grand scope of being part of the greater community is a great gift, and should be "earned". You sound like the children that we are.
by saying "You're setting up the aliens as better than us. That's a formula for hatred and war in case you don't recognize it."
They are OLDER than us. I am paying my respects to my elder beings. From my point of view it was a formula for respect. War is in your own words not mine.
But there would be a great number of humans ready to wage war against what ever is out there. Its part of our child like nature.
I must repeat myself. An adult is not "better' than a child. The adult just has the experience of life, and the wisdom to know some things. While the child, has that innocence that the adult let ago long ago. Hence the child can see things the adults can't.
So in some aspect, the human race might have that child like innocence of the universe. Where the aliens look at us, and say.. How cute!

But that is purely from a human POV, human mind set. It could be totally outside our realm of understanding. Life was we do not know it. And they may not even remotely have anything in common with us. But there are other "humans" out there. There are bipeds out there. And there are some very "nasty" ones out there too. So it might be a gift, or it might be a curse. 2 sides to every coin and debate.

If you can not see that as a step in the way of being advanced that is fine, it is your right to your own feelings.

It would be one of the greatest gifts bestowed upon us as beings. Being welcomed into the bigger family of the universe. Or a great curse, to be pulled into an inter galactic war. I am honest, I have NO CLUE! It is why I designed this thread for open discussion.

(I am not a vegan, I do enjoy eating meat. And when I do, I give thanks to that animals spirit, not to some breaded man in the sky.)
And that would be the irony of this world, and why we are here.. As livestock to some greater being, not our flesh, but our very essence, or souls that they consume.)
edit on 23314411885 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

War of the worlds is a good example of how people reacted.
But then again, they thought we where under attack.. Hence the crazy reaction from them. And it was a different time.
Since I wrote this thread, I have come to think we have made first contact. But it was done behind closed door.
A plan or conspiracy are being processed as we speak.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wrote it that way because it's not my book. I said treat animals kindly but respect well maybe it means something different to me. Still doesn't validate what this readiness is supposed to mean ? What are we supposed to be? Better, good, what ? For all we know they could be warlords who kill every life form they come in contact with. Well yeah come to think of it I'm not ready for THAT nor I hope will I ever be. I don't get the were not ready part. I just don't. Maybe you can explain that better. Are you saying we don't deserve them because again that's setting them up in a god status like they're some Kind of gift. Or are you saying they won't want to play with us because we're not nice? Every species on earth is capable of violence. Even cute little bunnies . I'm betting that life from end to end of this universe is the same. It only makes sense. I seriously doubt we need to love and respect each other before they'll come. reply to: zysin5

edit on PMu31u0883432312014-08-22T16:32:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You said I'm a very caring person. I feel like I don't fit in. Sounds to me like that's what you're saying. a reply to: zysin5

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Thanks for that reply.
Yeah I was not saying we do not deserve it. I am thinking we are either being lied to, and the truth is not being exposed to us, because those with that privileged do not think we as a whole are ready for it.
And I was trying to come up with reasons why we may not be ready. A totally open full debate for everyone to come in and share their thoughts.
In no way would I want it to seem I have all the answers. I don't what so ever. Purely going from the gut here.
To be honest I have not a clue in the world.
All I know is something is being kept from us behind closed doors. As I did not want to get into all my alien experiences in this thread.. I have shared my run ins with Greys, and little blue guys in other threads. Was really hoping to stay away from that.
But not saying we do not deserve it. I am simply trying to understand why it is not common knowledge that we are not alone. The status quo still states, we are the only living being in the whole universe.
That just does not sit well with me.

I was just hoping for a work together kind of thread of why we might not be ready. Or if we are ready. Then why is the status quo telling us we are totally alone in this HUGE universe. Does not feel right to me.

To be honest, your nit picking at my words.(Trying to derail my thread, and trying to make me look like I am saying I am better than everyone else, STOP that.)
And in the past on other threads you have been very condescending to those who only share their experience with aliens and the likes.
edit on 23314365485 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Every species on earth is capable of violence. Even cute little bunnies . I'm betting that life from end to end of this universe is the same. It only makes sense. I seriously doubt we need to love and respect each other before they'll come.

Okay thanks.. Your point has been made.. You can now stop nit picking me here.. Your point is clear.
Again thank you very much.
No need to go back and forth, it only serves to derail threads, and move us off the topic at hand.

You said I'm a very caring person. I feel like I don't fit in. Sounds to me like that's what you're saying.

You have NO context to why I said that. Those who know me on here understand why.. I am not going to derail my thread here to put it into context for you. You can find my posts and threads on my profile if you wish to dig deeper.

I made my point, you made yours. Lets end here before it gets out of hand. Peace.
edit on 23314025785 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why are we not ready?

Too much hate in the world.
Racism, fear, war, greed, diversity etc.

We are not one... yet.
We must be able to see all life as ONE and also show and feel it.
Then we will be ready.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: spazze
Why are we not ready?

Too much hate in the world.
Racism, fear, war, greed, diversity etc.

We are not one... yet.
We must be able to see all life as ONE and also show and feel it.
Then we will be ready.

It is truly amazing that none of you ever think this stuff through!...

The true "evil": Racism...was and still is required to help provide security for a society. It assures that the "bloodlines" remain as pure as possible for as long as possible. This in turn strengthens that society. The problems you refer t only appear when it is taken to an extreme.

Fear; actually helps to keep you alive. So instead of driving at 12+mph, you experience a wee bit of "fear" about that, and avoid it...hence, you are hot involved in a high speed accident. Your "fear" of siders, ha probably saved you life at lest once in your time. Other :fears" act the same...they keep you from unnecessarily placing yourself at risk.

War, actually help with population control, and the progress of both society ad science technology. If you did not have war; Earth would already be over populated with humankind, AND, you would have no hope of a reasonable solution to the dire issues created.

Greed, again responsible for getting you off your arse and doing more work...that incessant drive for more, spurs people to work harder in order to earn more. Greed is like any of the others above; moderation is key.

Diversity; I've always thought of this as fundamentally good. Diversity is what allows a society to expand in multiple directions, and thus become something better.

"etc." doesn't work here...you need to actually be a wee bit more specific.

Now than; the reality is that Humans, for all their progress, failings, inabilities, misunderstandings...are in fat ready for the next level. Your technological progress over the past 10 years has placed you in a position where it no longer maters IF you are ready. You now have the science and technologies to reach the stars...the time is now, and it is high time y'all accepted the realities of ET, and our ways.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am just speaking out of pure knowledge and understanding from the et's.
And when you spend time with them you understand how they mean when they speak of oneness and love.

Like several have stated before, we are not there.

Someone can take the words hate, war and fear and use them to sound benifitual, they are not.
All beings have fear, yes, but it is how we use or how we react with that fear.
We tend to use violance.

Self protection and protection of ones family is a whole other matter.

But for those who understand what I am saying, they understand and they who don't they don't.

One thing we who have experiences with higher evolved et's, we understand each other because most of us have been told, shown and experienced the same things.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
The true "evil": Racism...was and still is required to help provide security for a society. It assures that the "bloodlines" remain as pure as possible for as long as possible. This in turn strengthens that society. The problems you refer t only appear when it is taken to an extreme.

Hmmmm strange take on this subject. But okay, everyone is right to their own thoughts on this.
If you really think Racism is the best way to keep those bloodlines secure and pure, and makes them stronger, Good God Gosh my man, that is slightly troublesome from my point of view.

So the Klan, by only allowing Whites to be with Whites would make a stronger society?

Or you talking about the ruling bloodlines, and purely just about ruling blood lines that have done this in the past to secure their pure blood. Which involves incest and other taboo subjects that I can not talk about on ATS.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but that part there could be taken a couple different ways. I will reserve my own view on how I saw it, and allow you to better explain that part if you so desire. As I would hate to misunderstand what you are saying, if you are trying to make a valid point, rather than promote racism and or hate. I am pretty sure you where just making a point, and those are not your personal real world views. As you did say near the end of your post.

Diversity; I've always thought of this as fundamentally good. Diversity is what allows a society to expand in multiple directions, and thus become something better.
I agree, diversity is needed.. And not all these pure bloodlines. Those families put us in the mess we are in today, due to their lust and greed. And power hungry take take taken, giving just enough back to have moral Teflon, to wrap their selves in "good" deeds when over all their actions have had a negative effect on our world.

Otherwise, thanks I guess for that input. Plus I did not want to "cherry pick" just that part from your post. I just respectfully disagree with you on some points you make, we are not ready.
Only until the Status quo makes it main stream knowledge, then maybe I will feel we are ready. Maybe.

By your post, The Status quo should very well make it mainstream knowledge that we are not alone.
Sure most science folks, know we are not alone, but they can not make it Status Quo everyday knowledge yet.
I find that rather fishy. With the Drake equation and all our "tools" the status quo still claims we are the only intelligent beings in the WHOLE universe.
These tech things we have today, in the hands of us humans. Like handing a 3 year old a loaded weapon, leaving and shutting the door behind them, and saying, have fun buddy!
Just because we have all this fancy stuff, does not make us ready. That in itself could be a test in its own right. How we deal with such tools as a society. Would we use them to better all mankind, Or just use them to better a few select families on this Earth.
Like it is today 1% of those hold over 70% of all the "wealth" on this planet.
And all that wealth means nothing, it is worthless, we as the people decided what it was worth, and put our own "worth" upon such things.
Just like Space Cash! Did you ever see that South Park episode? About Space Cash?
edit on 23514074585 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spazze

That oneness you speak of, we are getting closer each time we build up. We are at a very important time right now.
We either advance on, or we crumble and start back from where we started. IE (Dark ages)
We just so happen to see eye to eye on this issue. I happen to think much like you do, we vibration on the same frequency. You and I are part of that connection, while some have yet to connect into this oneness.

That DOES NOT make us any better than anyone else! Let me get that one out of the way here right now. It only makes us connected to all living things. Not making us holier than tho, or any better than anyone else.. before we get jumped on for that statement.

I am sure there are some really bad aliens out there, who destroy and kill everything they come across, not denying that may be a fact.
So then with that knowledge.. WHY are we broadcasting our exact place in space.. A little dumb if you ask me, that we would be waving a flag saying, "HEY we are OVER HERE!!" "YO guys, here we are!"

If that was the case, there might be some that would be like, look guys, it might be best if we just ride spaceship Earth here and not make so much noise. Just a theory for those who think aliens are going to be nasty.
I am sure there are nasty ones. But we are protected in some fashion by others.

Or, or.. We have already been taken over, and no weapons needed.. They just had to step in, and pose as our kings and queens, and make that ruling blood line.
Use illusions to control us.. Such as money. Pure illusions. I am glad you see through those things spazzze!
Stop back anytime! I've seen and read other things in aliens threads from you.. We both share common ground.
You should PM me about it, id be happy to share in private.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
@Zysin5

Yup, we are not better than anyone, but for me sometimes people frustrate me, I am not very active on sites like these, I read but don't write due to all the bashing that is returned and I get frustrated, I just want people to understand.

I just love to read from people who understand though. It makes me happy inside!

Sure there are bad et's, I have experienced them too, not funny, they love manipulating and only care about themselves, not really violant though,not from what I have encountered, but I tend to ignore them and only focus on the benevolent et's.

Money is probably the worst thing ever created on this beautiful planet, by humans.
It gives more pain than love.

I see more and more people understandning the oneness, who see life, souls in all concious life, these people are increasing each day and it's wonderful!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spazze

Yup, we are not better than anyone, but for me sometimes people frustrate me, I am not very active on sites like these, I read but don't write due to all the bashing that is returned and I get frustrated, I just want people to understand.

I feel you, ATS is one of the better places on the web, there is no bashing here, but condescending comments and remarks can be made. Just as long as we wear a pretty thick skin, we have to allow those people to express their views. Even as frustrating as it might seem.
It really does go to show, where we are at right now. And I have to protect their rights to say those things to us, as it allows me that same privilege. We take the good with the bad.

I am glad you stopped by here, I too agree it is nice to find others that vibrate on that same frequency level.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How do I pm you?

I'm looking around but don't seem to find that icon or link anywhere...
hmm...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Edit post----
Helping member understand workings of ATS.
Removed post to stay on topic.
edit on 23514002985 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you really think Racism is the best way to keep those bloodlines secure and pure, and makes them stronger, Good God Gosh my man, that is slightly troublesome from my point of view.

Too bad you didn't really read what I wrote...IF you had, you would begin t understand what I was saying...alas!

I did not say, nor did I indicate that any given way is the best way. That "way" is something we all must find for ourselves, in our own way...

However, you should also know that there is nothing that is intrinsically "evil"; thus, even something as deplorable as "racism" has a place. it is far more important for y'all to understand these "places" for your evils.

Y'all should also understand, that like you ET has the very same lessons to learn.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I did in fact read it, I was just asking if that was "your" world view.
I see that it is not, thanks for the input.
Lessons all around !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join