It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not ready.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Our first contact will be with a peaceful race and once they share their technology with us we will quickly adapt it to wartime use and eradicate them, or put them on a reservation planet.

You are aware that any species that travels in space is their home world's "Apex Predator", and always travels well armed.

Some will be the "guy who never starts fights, and always 'finishes' them". Your peaceful species is likely the most dangerous.

You've probably never observed large male wolves up close like I have. The largest, most powerful of them are the gentlest, most loving, and caring. They have a way of showing their great strength and powerful ability without demonstrations of "combat prowess".

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

tanka418

Spookybelle
Our first contact will be with a peaceful race and once they share their technology with us we will quickly adapt it to wartime use and eradicate them, or put them on a reservation planet.

You are aware that any species that travels in space is their home world's "Apex Predator", and always travels well armed.

Some will be the "guy who never starts fights, and always 'finishes' them". Your peaceful species is likely the most dangerous.

You've probably never observed large male wolves up close like I have. The largest, most powerful of them are the gentlest, most loving, and caring. They have a way of showing their great strength and powerful ability without demonstrations of "combat prowess".

Not true whatsoever.

According to your logic, if we were to steal one of their ships and figure how it works than we would be the Apex Predator.

Actual technology does not make you dangerous, its the morals behind its use that does. Look at the American Revolution where the colonists should have had no chance to beat the British but they did, one of the biggest underdog stories in history.

The British were so confident in their prowess that they did not pay attention to all the little things going on that helped the Patriots eventually win.

I imagine the same will be with a space traveling race that eventually contacts Earth. They will be so confident in their superiority that they will not notice us backwards engineering one of their craft and while these aliens are sitting in orbit laughing at out primitiveness they will be quite shocked by the fleet of craft we have secretly built to attack them with.

Humans are extremely crafty and highly motivated when they need to be. They will justify their violence with even the smallest of excuses.

I feel sorry for any alien race that contacts us.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Not true whatsoever.

According to your logic, if we were to steal one of their ships and figure how it works than we would be the Apex Predator.

No, by my logic; you are already an Apex Predator.

Actual technology does not make you dangerous, its the morals behind its use that does. Look at the American Revolution where the colonists should have had no chance to beat the British but they did, one of the biggest underdog stories in history.

The British and the Americans had equal technology. The British had arrogance solidly on their side, so they lost.

When America invaded Iraq the imbalance in technology resulted in stories of UFO's; due to the use of F117s. The conflict was over before the Air Force was done, all due to slightly advanced technology.

And as for the rest of it; you see how well all that advanced tech is doing in the mid east.

But, none of that changes anything; at the end of the day both you and ET are Apex Predators.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We're not ready until we break out of the current socio-economic system that puts artificial constraints on effective use of resources. There's a lot of wealth on this planet that's not going to be used in any productive way for human civilization as a whole until society becomes more egalitarian. Frankly put as long as there's artificial limiting of resources that effectively work to put people in various castes of rich and poor, we're not going to advance much in regards to becoming an interplanetary species. A planet-hopping species is likely to come to the realization that wealth out there is unlimited, and giving everyone an effective starter-kit means that anyone who would have been poor in a more primitive social order is more likely to be productive and contribute to future trade and expanding the wealth of the species as a whole.

As for contacting a lesser species, as seen from the other vantage point? Leave the puzzle pieces needed to put together the calling card out in the asteroid belt. It'll be somewhere in-between a Bracewell probe and a DIY kit. If anyone gets to the point where they can explore the asteroid belt and also have the technological wherewithal to make sense of what you put there, then odds are they're at a point where it might be worth opening a communication channel with them.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
All very worth while posts! I just stated 2 very simple reasons why. Many of you have filled in the blanks and other reasons why we are not ready.

Plus its important to realize we are looking at this whole thing through the lens of human kind.
Chances are the lifeforms we are going to come across in our own back yard is going to be "lesser" life forms.

But again, I am looking at this whole topic through the eyes of a human mind. Our thought process only allows us to see this from a human stand point.
There are so many other variables and factors that go into this subject manner. Being human puts us in this "box". Where all things we look at in the universe is through our human mental lens.

If anything, when we look up and expect contact with other beings.. We are mostly looking ourselves in a mirror. We tend too see how things would go down, or how these beings would be from our own point of view.

These beings could be so far out of our "box" of understanding that we can not even fathom the reasons for them being here or just passing by.

All things considered, we do the best we can, with the minds we have. But we set human parameters and its almost impossible to step outside those parameters and see things how other beings might see it. For all I know, they may not have eyes, or senses like we have. They could operate outside of our little range of what we process.
They could already be here, right now. But we could not sense them, nor even know they are here.
But in the sense that Hollywood portrays about first contact, it would be not so well for us. We would either end up their slaves.. Or just used for their means, be it food energy. Materials we have here on this Earth.. You name it.. It would not bode well for any of us. Good and bad are human constructs. And its not easy to step outside our parameters. But so far, everyone who has posted here have made valid and good points. Any point of view outside my own is good to read. As it helps expand my own understanding of how little I really understand.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Why are we not ready? The better question is in this tiny picture of the Universe.

You see a tiny glimpse of billions upon billions of stars with as many or more planets. We have no idea where or if the Universe ends or even where its' center is.

Now, Earth is just a very tiny, tiny, blue dot somewhere out there in the vastness of this universe.

Point, if ET even does exist (Intelligent ET), then there exists trillions of reasons why they have not found us or have even cared to find us.

The picture above is Disclosure! It discloses that earth is just a tiny grain of sand sitting the Sahara Desert. If found, it will be by pure luck. Disclosure is our responsibilty of finding them......Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.
edit on 12-12-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I have a deep field photo set as my background on my desk top. To remind me each time I am at my desk, I can look at millions of worlds, and suns! Its really amazing to be able to see that and think deeply on that notion. It really is the best disclosure we are going to get any time soon. As those of us who are ready, already know there is life as we know it, and life as we do not know it. The universe is a life form itself. What lays beyond our tiny universe is a whole new set of parameters.

Our universe could be one molecule, in a gemstone set in the necklace of some greater being living in its own universe, that is one molecule in a mote of sand on a beach..ect ect

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

zysin5
reply to post by ItDepends

I have a deep field photo set as my background on my desk top. To remind me each time I am at my desk, I can look at millions of worlds, and suns! Its really amazing to be able to see that and think deeply on that notion. It really is the best disclosure we are going to get any time soon. As those of us who are ready, already know there is life as we know it, and life as we do not know it. The universe is a life form itself. What lays beyond our tiny universe is a whole new set of parameters.

Our universe could be one molecule, in a gemstone set in the necklace of some greater being living in its own universe, that is one molecule in a mote of sand on a beach..ect ect

Thank you! I too have a desktop picture of the universe from Hubble. It is humbling to think of the unimaginable size of the Universe and the secrets and unknowns that are out there. Likewise, it is so exciting as well, to know equally about all there is to learn and discover.

Disclosure, here we are:

and what we can find......is amazing and beyond our dreams out here:

Just Brilliant!!

Peace!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ItDepends

You are very welcome!
I very much enjoy Hubble type photos, some of the new Kepler band photos are going to be amazing!

As just to show us how utterly small and connected we all are.
As being ready is just like being in love. You either are, or you are not.

You just "know".

The same will happen with US. When we are ready. We will know we are ready.
We know about them, but we can not say who "they" with that all mighty human logic parameter trap looping us back in on one another. We have to first break our infant cycle loop we are trapped within.
Some of us are just getting aware to this now, awareness is the first step.

I don't know what they look like. I do not know what their agenda is.
All I know is that I am like a living probe. I am here on this Earth processing all this information, and sending it back to them via some kind of mind link I have with "them".

If we as infants can send our probes out into space, just think how far others have gone. As far as CREATING life, just to figure itself out. Awareness is the first step, as it is just a word. It is what the Word means, that matters most.
There are many meanings, and words contained within what we call the universe, what many other beings have their own expressions and awareness to this place.

People in General, have a LONG ways to go before they can even be remotely considered ready. You and I, personally and on a personal basis changes the whole idea. As people, one to one, face to face, could be considered "ready".
But as a whole, we are ill, delusional creatures who willfully act and create a system in which we all stand by and all playing our role into a Garden we have created for ourselves.
When you see how small our little world is. You will see the universe is a very BIG place, contained within a very small space, divided and hollowed out by our own will/matter..
We have a long ways to go to be considered ready.

There is always that chance, we will never be ready. As we could be no better than the livestock we control in our lives, than the beings that control us in the manner we own livestock.
As we never give that option to our livestock. As far as it goes with the livestock. And if Irony is true. Then it would be irony for our place in the universe to be no better than Precious livestock to us.

As worlds like ours. What could they want, or why be here..
Can find Gold, metals, waters, gas in so many places in the solar systems that coming to an Earth type Planet for just the water, or material seems more unlikely.
What seems most likely. Is Life itself the "thing". they are after. Only rare places in the universe can support Carbon based life. That sounds like the best natural resource for any Alien reasons for being here.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We live in a highly populated Galaxy of many space traveling beings. That I have no doubt in my mind about.
If we where ready, we would be welcomed into this Galactic community.
Something just does not set right with me, and has not since I was very young.

I just wish I really knew the truth to all this. It burns inside of me deeply.
There are so many other like me, who would desire to leave this place for something outside planet Earth.
Or maybe it is just all of Hollywood's doing to make it seem more romantic than it really might be.

I hope I learn something in my lifetime, I really do. Until then, I am just speaking from ignorance and have no real clue to what is going on. Yet I have no doubt that my feeling has to be in the ballpark to the real unfiltered truth of what is really out there, who is out there, and what role our Earth plays into all of it.
Maybe we are simply "livestock". And will never be welcomed. Maybe we are just not ready. Maybe we are already part of their system, and just allowed to live in blissful ignorance.
As once we know, we may wish to go back to this childhood like lifestyle of NOT knowing a damn thing.
All we know is what we feel. And what we see in the sky.
There is lots out there to see, and TONS of information over our short human history.
I leave it up to the reader to decide their own feelings and thoughts on the subject.
As I refuse to inject my feelings upon anyone else. Other than making my voice heard, on my own feelings, but in no way do I desire to push my agenda upon anyone who does not want to hear it. Choices, we got um, or do we? lol
Crazy world my friends, mixed up crazy world..

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

It's money that is the problem - advanced societies do not need it because they have an intuitive understanding of give and take.

Besides, I think the idea is that we will be able to visit them when we are ready.

The principle of equality i believe is the keystone to many advanced technological methodolodies that would appear nonsensical to us.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

That is a very big reason why also.
The whole money system, based off greed is putting our society into the flusher.
Even with our human minds, some of us can see that it has brought nothing but divides. Extreme gaps in the way people live their everyday lives.
Some folks would become very defensive of this fact, and is why I left it out of my OP. I would have had stark raving mad people telling me how we can not do without it.

When the truth to me is. I get by in this world, and am forced by other humans to play this game.
We are extorted on a daily basis. And it is business as usual on planet Earth.
Any advanced race would look at us like cranky 2 year old child brat. Selfish, unenlightened self absorbed beings we are.

Money system has played a role in some societies, that offer a balanced system that is at the very least fair.
What we have here. It is a joke. And non of us are laughing. Yet for some reason, we just keep on taking it. We keep on keeping on with it. A testament to our race.
And we thought we where alone. Arrogant, self indulging beings that we are.
To think we are the center of all creation.

Humans very well could be just a "slave" class race, that is the laughing stock of the Galaxy.
Would be ironic now, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think I will focus some of my attention today on some of the things that brought me to ATS in the first place.

There are so many other factors of why we may not be ready.

But I think it is pretty clear, most members here can agree, we are not alone.. And there is something behind the curtain we have yet to see.

Question is. Are we better off NOT knowing?
Or would we be better off knowing, and losing our child like innocence of the universe?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
While I believe "contact" probably has happened, our own hate, violence, and bigotry may be the reason we are not ready for disclosure. If the descriptions of the greys are even close to true, if one of us got ahold of the dainty little thing we could literally rip it to pieces. Like a gorilla could do to a man.
We disgust ourselves so often, imagine how we would seem to a truly advanced/enlightened civilization.
If we had to compare ourselves to them we would probably be very ill.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Well put Abe. I agree with everything you said. I too feel contact has been made, good chance anyway.
And it is just that, our hate and bigotry that makes us look like the children we are on the cosmic level.

My take on greys are they are biological machines. Pretty much advanced living probes, sent here to undertake their mission.. Purely speculation on my behalf there, but would make sense an advanced society would send their "probes" here first. They may not even be able to breath our atmosphere. We only know of life as we know it. So many variables that it boggles the mind.
Indeed compared to them, and others, we are seen as quite ill. or child like.

Thanks for stopping by, and offering us here your thoughts on the matter. A star for you

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are lots of people who work in healthcare, I never asked but assume rightly I believe many of them chose that profession to help others who can't get by that well. It might be the prime reason for ET's as well, the good feeling of helping others who are struggling as they mature.

But you're right we are not ready. If today people decided to get ready for such an event (even if it never happens) we'd all have to turn vegetarian and everybody should stay in school until almost every course at university level is mastered. Meanwhile robots should take over many jobs and people would have to be working on themselves 24/7/365 and once a stable level has been reached people need to go abroad and educate every last human being on the planet. Which would take generations.

Or you can do this for yourself, even in a slow pace because of other demands like a job to get money for living, with the risk of becoming alienated or out of touch with 'the' dominant reality when actual contact has been made.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
maybe we couldnt handle the truth

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Thanks for the reply Johnny! How did you know I work as home health care nurse? Did I say that in this thread?
I know I did on other threads, so that must be how you knew.
Its true, I get much more out of life working to help others, and working to make this a better place for everyone.
Yet at the end of the day I do not fit in with the bigger percent of this world, and I am on the outer limits of this world.

I don't mind however, I really do not wish to stand with the status quo. Even in my sig, I say question it! Live free.
But its more than just words for me it is a way of life.

And my feelings on this world, and how I am, does not fit into that standard model. I really put a monkey wrench in their whole grouping system. I stand out like a sore thumb, and stand in the very face of their status quo.

Yet another reason why we are not ready. People are not ready to understand, or simply refuse that we are all a little male, and a little female. Our gender parts just define us in these manner, but there are some, who do not fit into that mold either. I happen to be one of those.
And a big percent of people pretty much ask me to drop my pants, and ask me, WHAT ARE YOU!
From the outside I clearly look female. But I am also male too. And until people can come to terms with these realities. We will never progress as the human race. Guys and girls alike, they each hold a small bit of each gender within them. They will either embrace it, or repress it.
WE are not Ready!

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What does our behavior have to do with anything? Why would the aliens if they exist at all care what we're like. They would study us like we study animals. We don't care that a lion kills an elk. Or that ants are savage. It doesn't matter one iota. reply to: zysin5

edit on AMu31u0883430312014-08-22T08:30:32-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It sounds like you think the aliens would be some kind of gift we had to earn. Even being advanced enough to get here doesn't mean they are a better race than us. And doesn't even mean they are not exactly like us and kill fellow creatures.
And what do you mean by respect animals? We shouldn't eat them? Sorry but even that "Book" says we have dominion over the beasts. We don't need to respect them. Just don't be cruel. BTW I love my pets. Those that I have now and those who have passed on.
We're all made from the same stuff. You're setting up the aliens as better than us. That's a formula for hatred and war in case you don't recognize it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join