It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not ready.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why would an advanced society want anything to do with humans as we are now? We are so arrogant as to think we are "ready" for first contact. If you really think we are ready for such an advance, let me state just a couple things that tell me we are no where near ready.

Lets start.
1. People that can not, and do not respect other human beings, racism for example. We judge other human beings by their skin tone. And they are still HUMANS! (How would society react to a whole other RACE of beings.) For real.

2.People do not give Rights to animals and other beings of this planet! Animals in the eyes of the law, are in fact property in the domesticated realm. People of this world treat animals with little to no regard, that to me is a BIG test in the growth of a society, is how they treat lesser life forms.

There are many many more factors that go into this. So I will see if this thread picks up any steam, and I can get some feed back as to why you think we are not ready as a whole for First contact with ET life forms, (advanced.)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I think we're ready to be told. What we aren't ready for are the consequences of full disclosure. Piecemeal for now.
edit on 10-12-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I would have to agree that we are not ready.
We as a species are entirely too arrogant, violent and short sighted.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I think WE are ready, by WE I mean the top 25% intelligence wise. Is humanity ready? never will be...there are too many people, too much ignorance, the fact that a significant portion of our population prays to Sky Wizard and wears religious idolatry tells you right there that as a whole our species isn't intelligent enough to interact with a more advanced species.

That being said, 6 Billion people in the world...the top .003% have an IQ over 160...I think my quick monkey math tells me that's 180,000 people out there who have the ability to process this and explain it to the rest of humanity in a way that would be understood.

Do I believe that there are advanced civilizations out there? yes
Do I believe that have been in contact with governments? nope
Do I think one day we will communicate with something that didn't originate here? yes

If I was even an advanced species, I wouldn't initiate contact with us right now. There is no point. I believe that once we move off planet to Mars with some percentage of our population there we would have proved that we have the ability to spread and at that point someone would step in and say. "Hi, we have been watching you..here are the rules we've learned so far, stay in your solar system until further notice" kind of thing. It will be directed at Mars and guess who will populate mars? the top .003% of all humans in intelligence.

It'll happen...give it 500 years. Not in the now.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why would anyone assume that other lifeforms out there would be any different.
Every lifeform on this planet is violent in one way or another . Even cute little by bunnies bite. Ameoba consume other ameoba to live.

In all likelihood when contact is made it will be by violence from them.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Humans use randomly programmed minds in randomly evolved bodies. I'd say that most older species have outgrown both of those.

By those standards we aren't even 'real' lifeforms; more like a nasty colony of bacterial infection.

Again - by those standards. I personally prefer to be a bit more charitable.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

KPB alligators and sharks are the oldest lifeforms on this planet right now. Older than man.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think we're completely ready. If they wait for much longer, they risk us not being primitive enough to overcome easily.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

What is your point?

edit on 10-12-2013 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Who says 'they' want to overcome us?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

They have not evolved to be non-violent.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why not do a full disclosure and give those who can handle the truth, the option to move to other planets.

Those who want to be ostriches can stick their heads in the sand and stay in denial.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No one, but it seems to me that any alien encounters would have an equally likely chance to be from conquerors as they would to be benevolent.

We won't know until they come, if they come.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't care about violent or nonviolent. Im saying that we wouldn't count as an intelligent species yet. Barely toddlers and we can't even stop crapping ourselves yet.

Violent or nonviolent is reserved for full toddlers. We are still random bacteria in a petri dish. Not even worth killing or helping yet. Neither one.

This is from 'their' point of view not mine.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Violence is a side effect of evolutionary pressure. Organisms here are competitive by nature. Violence is a product of that process.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

We don't quite have enough intelligence or experience yet to make good predictions about such beings behavior. Then it would be a crap shoot yes.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Obviously.

But violence is only a necessary survival strategy when redources are constrained. For an even moderately evolved soecies resources are no longer constrained.

Violence or nonviolenve are factors somewhere on page two of reasoning for this subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's beyond your capabilities to know that. You might as well be orating about god.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ketsuko

AutumnWitch657

Violence is a side effect of evolutionary pressure. Organisms here are competitive by nature. Violence is a product of that process.

If the building blocks of life were deposited here from space in the form of amino acids and all life on this planet is violent why would we assume that it would develop differently on another planet ?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

To know what ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join