It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Contact (show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
(first of all, i don't know if this topic was already brought up)

so there has been only 1 episode so far, and new episode tonight, for those of you who have seen it, what do you think of it?

to be honest i watched the first few minutes, where they explain what the show is about, how they do their investigations, i just can not watch any more than that... just seem like another fake show, they don't seem to be taking it seriously... but that's what i think

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saiyankev

about the show

IMDB
edit on 10-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What I thought odd...was that they went to a BAR where supposedly all the Jack the Ripper victims...and possibly the Ripper himself...hung out at.

And they proceeded to try and contact them THERE...in the BAR. Not where the murders each occured. And given the fact that if such things are possible, the "spirits" one might contact in this bar could be anyone from anytime in history...I thought its entire format was whacked out.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Having seen "reality" shows done on the region where I live for networks like Discovery and Scifi - it completely turned me off to watching that crap again.

While some parts of the shows are factual, most of the time they do things just for entertainment value and not to be real.

I have seen several shows where the cast is heading to a destination that is very simple to get to -- but they convolute the trip to be a long journey to a remote destination through the wilderness... when there is a road to get there.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I watched the Vlad the Impaler episode last night and it seemed like the drama was forced by the crew and not very effectively. Especially the "provoker" and his "I'm all alone here Vlad! Come and show me how tough you are!" while three moving camera angles are being cut to back and forth. As if those cameras aren't being manned by three guys. Just plain stupid.

I used to like these paranormal investigation shows, but Ghost Adventures kind of blew it for me, with that pumped up macho sh*t that tries to make it seem as if getting scratched or pushed is flirting with real danger. Okay, getting scratched or touched might be startling, but my 8 yr old granddaughter can do more damage to a person than that, and without even trying. These idiots need to grow up and stop trying to conflate the scientific exploration of the paranormal with the 10 yr old ghost-stories-around-the-camp-fire nonsense, or risk killing off any real serious interest in what might be real about all of this.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

NorEaster
I watched the Vlad the Impaler episode last night and it seemed like the drama was forced by the crew and not very effectively. Especially the "provoker" and his "I'm all alone here Vlad! Come and show me how tough you are!" while three moving camera angles are being cut to back and forth. As if those cameras aren't being manned by three guys. Just plain stupid.

I used to like these paranormal investigation shows, but Ghost Adventures kind of blew it for me, with that pumped up macho sh*t that tries to make it seem as if getting scratched or pushed is flirting with real danger. Okay, getting scratched or touched might be startling, but my 8 yr old granddaughter can do more damage to a person than that, and without even trying. These idiots need to grow up and stop trying to conflate the scientific exploration of the paranormal with the 10 yr old ghost-stories-around-the-camp-fire nonsense, or risk killing off any real serious interest in what might be real about all of this.

ya but i think that 'forced drama' is probably mostly because of the producer or other behind the scenes crew.. i think some of the actual 'investigators' take it seriously but forced to bring drama to the show for the viewers
i loved Facted or Faked Paranormal Files, just go out and see if its possible to copy the videos... loved it, they need to continue that series, but all of these other 'paranormal' shows are just... stupid, so fake

top topics

join