It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Chimpanzees Deserve Rights?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

slippeddisc
i find it disgusting ALL animals are tested on, ALL animals should have rights and not be tested on full stop. theres paedophiles in prison and just about everywhere that should be tested on. i don't care what disease it cures and who testing on animals cures, animals should not be tested on, whoever hurts an animal in any way is seriously twisted in the head.

I agree 100% and its nice to see your compassion!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by crazyewok

George Bush jr and Chimps mentioned in the same sentence.

That's an insult to Chimps

Now that's comedy!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

In a time when children are sold into sex slavery, where torture is common place, and hunger is rampant, it is the height of Ass hattery to even begin fighting the "animals have rights too" fight.

I understand what you're saying, but human nature is what it is

These things will change at exactly the same time that we grow wise enough to recognize that the other creatures we share this planet with have a right to not to be held captive or be tortured

We're not there yet, but it doesn't mean the answer to this question isn't obvious

Chimpanzees have rights - they're just being denied

edit on 12/10/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis
Chimpanzees have rights - they're just being denied

And what to do with chimps who violate the rights of others?

Shall we put them in jail? Fine them? Or what?

If you have rights, surely its not too much to expect you to respect the rights of others.

Chimps can do that, can't they? Having rights and all, certainly.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

What you're ranting about makes no sense

If you want a real reply - try thinking it through a little bit more, then try again

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

How did I know you couldn't answer?

Leftists are as predictable as clockwork.

You want chimps to have human rights? Then expect them to behave in a civilised manner.

Or, are they More Equal than other animals?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You think they should behave like humans before they can have rights?

Who gave you your rights?

Please explain - if you can

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

People are free to roam public streets.

Chimps should have the same "rights", I bet.

Let's start with your neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How did I know you couldn't answer?

Trolls are as predictable as clockwork.

:-)

When you're ready to play for real - you let me know

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

People are free to roam public streets.

Chimps should have the same "rights", I bet.

Let's start with your neighborhood.

LMAO

dude you are either a hilarious troll or a total moron.

If Humans didnt infringe on Chimps "rights" by abducting them and bringing them out of their habitat in the 1st place yours would be an irrelevant argument.
I really cant see all the wild chimps of Nth America or Europe causing to much harm to humans

Are you truly as delusional and demented as you sound or are you just having us on?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

The stomach-churning reason why meat is so cheap

You’re a typical milk cow in America, and this is your life. You are raised, like pigs, on a concrete slab in a stall barely bigger than your body. There, you never touch grass or see sun till the day you’re herded to slaughter. A cocktail of drugs, combined with breeding decisions, has grossly distended the size of your udder such that you’d trip over it if allowed to graze, which of course you’re not. Your hooves have rotted black from standing in your own #, your teats are scarred, swollen and leaking pus – infected by mastitis – and you’re sick to the verge of total collapse from giving nearly 22,000 pounds of milk a year. (That’s more than double what your forebears produced just 40 years ago.) By the time they’ve used you up (typically at four years of age), your bones are so brittle that they often snap beneath you and leave you unable to get off the ground on your own power.

That account of the typical doesn’t include the instances of extraordinary abuse (one activist: “I had a job at a barn with this sick-# boss who was proud of the stuff he did to cows. One day, we’re doing repairs on a gate in the barn and a couple of cows stroll over to watch us work. Well, one grazes him with her snout, just to be playful, and he smashes her in the face with his wrench. I also got him bragging about past assaults, like tying a cow to a fence and taking turns beating her, getting the other guys to work her over.”)

This isn't about chimps - specifically

But it makes the point I'd rather make - that being that the way we treat animals in general says a great deal about where we really stand on 'rights' in general

Everyone has a line they're not willing to cross - but for many, animals fall below that line. We eat them, work them - they are useful. They are an inconvenient reminder that we are at times without compassion

So - we rationalize. Animals aren't like us - they have no rights

We're going to be eating meat for a long time - as well as dairy. Well, we will for as long as the environment will allow us to dedicate resources to raising livestock. Seems the very least we can do is show some compassion

The very least

as one activist told Rolling Stone: “Wherever you stand on the issue of eating animals, I think we agree that making their lives hell is too high a price for cheap food.”

Animal testing is on its way out, study says A 2011 study found human trials, computer-based research and genetically modified mice were more useful than chimps

Doesn't really help the mice - but the chimps are going to get a reprieve

We can do things differently - and we should

S&F OP

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

To quote the great Nick DePaolo:

If hooking a car battery up to a monkey's brain will help find the cure for AIDS and save somebody's life, I have two things to say .... the red is positive and the black is negative.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.janegoodall.org...

Estimates that 1000 chimps are used for medical research. I actually thought the number would be a bit higher.
edit on 10-12-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

TheWrightWing
No, barbaric would be not using animals to find cures and treatments for human health.
As I recall, barbarians historically never had an interest in treating human malady.
Animals can only posses the rights they respect for others. Which is to say, none.
Animals are a human responsibility and deserve compassion.

I'm disgusted by this comment. Animals are not a Human responsibility, they inhabit earth and have done so for far longer than our species, this is also their planet. Having them as food? Sure, we are animals as well. Test them with products that can give them maladies? It's wrong, although I do understand we need to test our medications and products. Nevertheless, animals need to be respected.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

JameSimon

TheWrightWing
No, barbaric would be not using animals to find cures and treatments for human health.
As I recall, barbarians historically never had an interest in treating human malady.
Animals can only posses the rights they respect for others. Which is to say, none.
Animals are a human responsibility and deserve compassion.

I'm disgusted by this comment. Animals are not a Human responsibility, they inhabit earth and have done so for far longer than our species, this is also their planet. Having them as food? Sure, we are animals as well. Test them with products that can give them maladies? It's wrong, although I do understand we need to test our medications and products. Nevertheless, animals need to be respected.

He just never had a puppy as a kid.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Probably. My dog loves me more than most of the people I call friends, and would never abandon me.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

TheWrightWing

To quote the great Nick DePaolo:

If hooking a car battery up to a monkey's brain will help find the cure for AIDS and save somebody's life, I have two things to say .... the red is positive and the black is negative.

They don't want a cure for AIDS......or for cancer.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
mabye its not about rights but what is right.
on poster replyed a boy in the road ,kittens in a box on the side of the road no way to stop your car .
no matter which choice you make something dies .
well ill add my 2 cents death (humans live on it we kill many animals to eat and live)
Rights? no but maybe just a little compassion would be in order here.
O ps really very little need for animals in drug testing now modern methades are very adavanced .
And we need to focis on factory animal farming . Killing animals for food or use for testing when no other way will work ? sure
but flat out knowing your torturing the animal when a few changes could make there life what ever it is so much less painfull isnt rights its compassion.
ps that cute fluffy bunny goes good with potatoes and beens. but no reasion to cause the bunny more pain then I have to .

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When I see an abused elephant stomping on its handler at a circus, I'm like "alright!!". Is that bad?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have no anger towards an animal that attacks a human if the human is provoking said animal or if the human is in said animals domain. If you don't want the horns.....don't mess with the bull.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join