It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death by shopping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

CHINA - a 38-year-old man leaped to his death after an argument with his girlfriend who insisted they continue shopping.

The argument continued until Hsiao threw the bags on the floor and himself over the balcony, dropping seven stories to his death

Source

So this guy in China takes his girlfriend to the mall, which turns into a 5-hour shopping trip with so many bags they can barely carry them all... And then his girlfriend sees a sale on shoes and insists on even MORE shopping.
So the guy does what any guy who's been there has wanted to do and throws himself over the balcony.

The reason I posted this in Social Issues is because, well, this level of consumerism is a social issue. This guy literally killed himself because his girlfriend wouldn't stop shopping.
I remember one time I suggested a trip to the mall with a female friend of mine. We get there and she goes into a clothing store... I end up standing outside the store for 3 hours waiting for her. I was tempted to end the friendship right there and just leave. When she finally comes out, she asks me if I'm ready to go. I didn't even know what to say.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sorry dude.

already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ah, I guess a mod should close this then

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I know this is serious, but there is no way not to laugh at this story.
I am a disgrace.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IShotMyLastMuse

I agree I had a little laugh at first, but after reading the OP, I realized that this poor man didn't kill himself for a 5 hours shopping day.
He was probably suffering this regularly, and may have become indebted in a way he could not see the end of.
And probably a bit mentally unstable to prefer to jump down 7 stories instead of just walking away, from that place and from that girl.

sigh

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
he should have thrown her over the balcony instead

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One small step for a man one giant leap for man kind.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I wonder what those who believe in communism,and those that believe China is still a communist country have to say about this.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

I detest shopping with the wife. She looks at every shop and buys clothes or shoes without trying them on first. Then moans if they don't fit and have to take them back! Women! 😱

join