It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Christmas Shopping !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by chiefsmom

Heck I still wear a pair of paisley Y-fronts from the mid 80's

edit on 10-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

....tooooo much info!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Nice to see I am not the only lady that hates shopping.

Chiefs, no wonder we get along so well!
And you can count me in, along with the rest of the ladies here, who do not like to shop...and avoid it at all costs.

Besides, there is nothing on this green earth I can think of that will ever trump the gift of time spent with friends, the love of those around you and the comfort that comes from those things in knowing that, sometimes in spite of myself and my quirks, they still have my back no matter what. These things to me, really are the best gifts I have or ever will receive.

PS - What IS it with guys and their undies and socks.... always wearing the ones that are held together with a lick and a promise... usually more "holey than righteous"....in spite of the fact there is a whole drawer full of brand new ones? I wonder if my sweetie will catch on that his socks and undies seem to decrease in their number every trash day..... Shhhhhhhhh

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

thekaboose
Read the link...passed it around the office. Over all reaction:

"Know that feel bro"

I took a female friend to the mall once.
It resulted in me standing outside a single clothing store for 3 hours.
I was tempted to end the friendship and just leave her there.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I really feel for this poor bastard, I mean how bad must things have been for him to do this. for five hours watching his money being pissed away or being sunk deeper and deeper into debt by a partner that just doesnt care, maybe she has a problem not unlike an addiction to spending money. but at the end of the day this was a bad decision, she is just going to go on and spend what ever he has left, he could have at least thrown her over first to save some other poor guy from having her do it to them as well!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Biigs
One does not simply go shopping in December

The worst thing for me is the damned Christmas sound track IN EVERY DAMNED STORE, its like they follow you around. Im so glad i dont work in retail

I feel you man. I cannot stand Christmas music anymore thanks to this. It's always the same songs. Sure they may be sung by someone else this time, but there is only so much variation you can do there. Then you get to hear them in every store in the mall until your mind explodes.

Come to think of it, I've grown to pretty much loath this holiday altogether. Puts a huge hole in my wallet. I hate the shopping. I never get what I want (mostly because I have a job and can go out and buy it when I want it). The songs... The fact that the holiday seems to start back in October (and earlier and earlier every year). All these things compile up for me to trump the idea of family togetherness and happiness. Besides, I like Thanksgiving better for the whole family thing.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

He could'nt just have told his gf he refuses to walk around anymore,he will wait in a coffeeshop or pub till she was done??? Sounds like he had issues other than this,and the over-shopping was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Or..oh idk,spent the time thinking about how fortunate he and his gf are,to have enough money to indulge in this nauseating orgy of consumerism,while so many kids around the world were starving at that very moment??
I have zero sympathy for some one so ungrateful and feeble.He would've suffered a papercut or something similar sometime+died of a heart attack from the horror anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

LOL I was talking about this at the bank, and one lady said she waits for hubby to put on a holey pair, and then grabs the hole and rips!
NM, the lite up letter isn't working to know you have a message.

For the guy in the story, I have to think there was more going on than his girlfriend shoe shopping. Maybe it was just the straw that broke the back?
edit on 10-12-2013 by chiefsmom because: fixed

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Am I gonna catch hell for this one?

Most likely she was one of those babes that you just can't break
up with. She was obsessed and became murderous everytime he
tried until. Well it's obvious isn't it? So now she's left with the
biggest insult in history.

edit on 11-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join