It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Christmas Shopping !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Not only Christmas but all kind of shopping just because of a date (most of them invented just for this purpose) !!!

Man commits suicide at mall after girlfriend insists on buying more shoes

.....If my wife don`t stop shopping I think I`ll do the same thing this guy did (jump from the mall's 7th floor)....to her, lol

Man, this guy sure got desperate !!! ....not sure if I sorrow or if I laugh

edit on 10-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

I did all mine online from the comfort of my chair in 30 mins this year

I too hate shopping, I used to refuse going shopping with all 3 of my ex wives because they would look around for hours and then go back to the first shop and buy the first ruddy thing they looked at ...gggggrrrrrr.
I think you have ranted an epic rant for MANkind

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Read the link...passed it around the office. Over all reaction:

"Know that feel bro"

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
One does not simply go shopping in December

The worst thing for me is the damned Christmas sound track IN EVERY DAMNED STORE, its like they follow you around. Im so glad i dont work in retail

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Me too, I did all my shopping on Amazon yesterday and spent just over 20 quid. I'm only getting my god son and parents presents. I might get my brother something, but he owes me £50, so he can wait till next year.

I can't stand going shopping. Avoid it at all costs. The idea of going to a mall or out of town shopping centre sends a shiver down my spine. I can see how doing it with a pushy woman looking for shoes could drive a man to look for the highest balcony.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Fear not dear Brother, help is on the way!
I used to be one of the type to debt myself to the best of my ability every December, I mean full on.
I remember the malls this time of year were always packed shoulder to shoulder with bustling people.
Just recently I have braved the wilds of my local maul....err mall to grab some gifts for my still mostly asleep bride.
And on each occasion I have noticed that there are not that many folks out shopping.
People are little by little figuring out the game, so know that help is on the way!
I think if the crap that I was buying was still made in the US, I'd become a real X-mass shopper again.
But all of our cash nowadays ends up going to some megacorp in some offshore non taxed account.
Lack of circulation kills any body, must get the economy going, kill big corps, kill banks, and get money out of politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Am I the only woman that hates Christmas shopping?
Am I the only woman who hates shopping full stop!
I used to hate going shopping with my bf...he used to meander and disappear all the time! Grrrrr.....so one day....I lost him and didn't bother going to lost and found....he'll probably be found wandering around in the Asda wine aisle!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
become a satanist you never see them out xmas shopping j/k or a mormon but wait until the 24th before joining .

problem solved .

ps i am a miserable git really

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

angelchemuel
Am I the only woman that hates Christmas shopping?
Am I the only woman who hates shopping full stop!
I used to hate going shopping with my bf...he used to meander and disappear all the time! Grrrrr.....so one day....I lost him and didn't bother going to lost and found....he'll probably be found wandering around in the Asda wine aisle!
Rainbows
Jane

Nope. I hate it too. I go grocery shopping in the middle of the night even. LOL! Ive done most of my shopping online, but I do have to go to a a few stores before xmas arrives. I dont really want to, but its fun to see kids and family get what they want.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
just go into tesco's etc on xmas eve and it looks like super market sweep you would think the world was ending with the ammount that people are buying for 1 day .

the shops are open on the 26th then everything is 50 % off .

either buy your presents for next year in the sales and put them in the attick .

or wait for this pospone xmas just like those orthedox christians

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
So glad to see I`m not alone
....and it`s not an exclusive men feeling which shows me some hope to the world

edit on 10-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

jane come on, the Christmas songs?

how does that not drive you crazy!?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You don't NEED to buy anything. Not even for those kids, not even because 'it's fun to see them open their presents'.

Everybody always gets too much, or nothing they really want or need, the whole thing is a commercialized version of purgatory. YOU'RE SUPPORTING THE BANKSTERS AND THE CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES AND THE EXPLOITATION OF THE PLANET, WHEN WILL YOU GET THAT?

Go over to the Heifer Project or something like it, donate the money (if you have any) that you would have spent on plastic crap and buy a goat or a calf for a family and village with nothing on the other side of the world, and announce to your family that those sweaters that would've itched anyways, and the new electronic toy that would have meant they ignored you for the next year solid, has been donated to help an entire village survive.

If that doesn't give them a warm feeling, then perhaps a nice Christmas meal and a long walk in the snow might. It's the Winter Solstice, the days will get longer now! (sorry, Aussies...)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I wouldn't know about the christmas songs....'cos I don't go shopping innit!

I prefer being at home watching all those lovely christmas films....you know those soppy romcom ones!....*hell, might have to go looking down the wine aisle now....think he might still be there after 3 years?....nah....bugger that for a STOOOOOOPID idea.*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Nice to see I am not the only lady that hates shopping. My hubby thinks I'm odd, but is grateful for it none the less.
We are only buying for nieces and nephews this year, as they are mostly all young, some still believing in the big jolly guy.
Although my sons will get the dreaded undies and socks.

Why is it that most young guys don't buy them for themselves?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Wait what do you mean they still believe in the big Jolly Guy? Do you mean Father Christmas and are you insinuating he is not real?

Nooooooooooo!!!

He is real I have heard his bells and he leaves me tangerines in my big sock.

Oh and the reason is we don't buy socks and knickers (sorry I have always called them knickers) is that we men can wear a pair of socks with many a hole in them and the same with knickers.
Heck I still wear a pair of paisley Y-fronts from the mid 80's

edit on 10-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I feel you OP...people are so barge-y and rude, the stores are so crammed with absolute junk you can barely sort through it and all of the good stuff is picked over or gone. I try to get all of my Christmas shopping done by the weekend before Thanksgiving, just to enjoy the season a bit more.

I made the mistake of going into Target the other night...When I went to check out, I walked into an aisle that was open then backed up momentarily because something on the end cap caught my eye. I took a glance and then turned and walked the one step toward the conveyor and put my items down on it.

The cashier looked at me and snarkily said, "Ugh, this job can be soooo annoying!" For a second I was confused. Then I realized - in the brief moment that I turned back to look at the end cap - she turned off her register sign. LOL!

I laughed, picked up my three books and went to another register. While I commiserate with her about retail jobs, she didn't have to be so ridiculous about it.

Then I went to Home Depot, which was in total chaos because they were running out of Christmas lights and people were panicking, it was a free-for-all. LOL! The young man working that area was polite, cheerful, funny and very, very helpful. So, thanks to him for salvaging my evening with his good spirits.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

C(K)osmic guys do feel alike, lol

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Love your avatar.... Really busy fella, lol

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Because they always who have 'mum's' that will do it and everything else for them!

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<<   2 >>

join