It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting my own Paranormal Investigation Group. YT coming in a few months.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hello, The title is pretty self explanatory but i have some questions from people more well educated in the art of hunting the para normal than myself, but first, a bit of back ground on why this interests me.

I believe myself to have had several paranormal experiences in my life. Two in my own home town in Central Scotland and one in Preston in the North West of England. I posted a thread a couple years ago about these about the experiences back home but not about the one in England, But it happened at a place called Whittingham Asylum, Near Goosnargh in Lancashire. Now i do not know what it is about this place but something draws me to it. Any time i am down in that area i need to go. I cannot explain why it is just a strange and eery place but it is like a magnet to me. Any way... I digress.

So i guess the first question would be why ?... The answer is the sort of paranormal ghost hunting tv show is absolutely tragic, I used to watch alot of these types of programmes now i do not as there is no real evidence in them, Shows like Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters and stuff. I find these all to be so fake that it is beyond belief. There is only one show i actually still watch and that is Ghost Adventures. But anyway i ain't looking for some flash TV show or anything i just do not feel enough people are actually out there trying to document real evidence. I want to document some real stuff. I have emailed some local places of interest here in the Forth Valley region but no replies yet ( Thought i would go down the legal route this time as have been caught trespassing twice ). I will be getting a Youtube up and running in the coming months after i have got a few investigations under my belt and have some things too post.

So what do i believe ?.... Well i believe in Ghosts to an extent. I believe in the paranormal and i believe if the conditions are correct and just right we can interact and some times even see them. I do not believe in Psychics or Mediums though i find that hard to believe. I know some people on this site believe themselves to be psychic or clairvoyant and i mean no offence to these people it is just something i have not experienced first hand yet there for do not believe.

So why am i posting this here ? ..... Well firstly once i start posting videos i will have an audience ( Hopefully

) and secondly although i am quite knowledgeable about the subject i have little experience in capturing this phenomena. So that is where you guys come in i suppose.

So what i ask is this, Will anyone be interested in my videos and findings. If i do in fact capture anything weird lol ?

And what equipment should i invest in to start out, I am investing in a infra-red camera to video with in the dark and a couple of digital recorders for a start. I have a fairly decent job so money isn't an option and i work night shift so i stay in the night shift pattern most of the time so most of my research will be done in the dark of night when i am actually awake. So what other equipment do you guys recommend also, what brands of cameras and recorders will give me the best advice. I don't really want go to mad at first because i don't really want to blow alot of money on this if it is going to amount to nothing. Probably setting myself an equipment budget of around £1500 spread across the next three months to buy equipment. So guys help me out
please.. ?

Any more questions just ask and anyone want to recommend some-where please don't be afraid to. The main places i am about are Central Scotland and the North West of England round about Preston area.

Thanks guys

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Let us know how it goes, mate...!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I would love to see your videos when you make them. Much luck to you in your paranormal endevours.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Snoopie
So i guess the first question would be why ?

Actually the first question is "what?"

Exactly what are you planning to do during your "investigations"?

Because all I've seen so far is that people get called to a place because it has some weird stuff happening, and the investigators find some weird stuff happening.
And thats it.

Some instruments they have detect some something or another that could be anything, they hear some sounds that could be somethingoranother or really anything at all, and some voice recorders pick up some sounds that could be interpreted to be something or another or nothing, or significant and its all very subjective.
And they leave, satisfied that they have detected something weird.
Case closed.
And thats it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm in the NW.......very close to Preston.
I have always been sensitive to 'other energies'.
I have a dowser that I use when things 'kick off'. It works in the same sort of way as one of those emf monitors.
Anyway....here is a link to a site....
www.hauntedrooms.co.uk...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Take the infrared camera and get a night vision scope and put them together. You're far more likely to record UFOs than ghosts, which will sincerely be a waste of your time.

You're in this life now, in this dimension, having this experience. Don't waste it trying to catalogue some other dimension.

And go back to school during the day and further your education, or at least spend some time reading everything you can get your hands on. Plenty of people have already researched this topic (in labs, even) and you could learn from them. But there's thousands of other topics to learn about rather than tripping over tombstones in the dark like a big kid.

If some ghosts want to make their presence known to you at some point in your life, believe me you won't have to go looking. Let them come to you and in the meantime, live your life. You'll have plenty of time to learn about the afterlife, after life.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

*passes second cup of tea to signalfire*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
watch they dont follow you home as i have seen many programmes where it happens....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Good luck in your Ghost Quest. But, I would also like to caution you on the dangers of it too. There is true evil out there. I have seen ghosts all my life, everywhere I've lived or places I've visited. Not willingly, it just happens. Many times I was with others who saw the same things as I did. So I know they exist and it's not just in my head, because others saw it too. On the other hand, I've seen the good side and the evil side of that realm. Make sure you have protection and a blessing before exploring that world. Let's just say, I wouldn't do it, knowing what I know.

And if you see a Blue Orb with a smell of sulfur.. Run....I mean RUN away as fast as your legs can run. I'm serious!!! But, if you know how to rebuke IT in the name of Jesus Christ and you should, because if you ever see the blue Orb you will need to know that.

Please use great caution!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by signalfire

*passes second cup of tea to signalfire*

Rainbows
Jane

I know a rainbow Jane lol

The Bot

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Hi Snoopie,

I am from Glasgow and would ABSOLUTELY be interested in what you are talking about - especially if you plan on investigating locations in this city.

Are you sure about spending so much on equipment though? What does this stuff actually capture? I've never been convinced by any of the infra-red night vision footage these investigations often use, or the sound recordings. Do you know anyone who is sensitive? I think having a psychic along for the ride would make for a much more interesting outcome, at least to start with. Then, if things take off, you could get the equipment if you need to try and get some 'physical' proof for the sceptics.

Do you mind telling us a bit more about the experience you mentioned in your opening post? I would be interested in hearing what happened.

Incidently, there is a famous paranormal group (I forget their name) which is based at Glasgow University. You might be interested in checking them out and getting in touch? Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
God luck with that, I'll be interested to see how you get on, just don't take anything for granted, and certainly don't listen to hearsay when it comes to "don't do it, they'll follow you around for ever" nonsense.
I often thought about doing it myself in the past, try and get a device for every occasion and one thing I've come to realize from watching the ghost hunter type programs on TV is that its best to cover every angle of a room so its best to invest in lots of mini cameras to tape rooms and halls, one thing all of the programs don't do, so they leave me to believe that the 'events' that happen off camera are manufactured, you could turn around and say " every inch was covered and there was no one there" etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Snoopie

So what do i believe ?.... Well i believe in Ghosts to an extent. I believe in the paranormal and i believe if the conditions are correct and just right we can interact and some times even see them. I do not believe in Psychics or Mediums though i find that hard to believe. I know some people on this site believe themselves to be psychic or clairvoyant and i mean no offence to these people it is just something i have not experienced first hand yet there for do not believe.

Sure they exist. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It really is that simple.

What I will say is be careful doing the same thing over again expecting different results. But also agree its important to keep at things. That is after all how we learn and discover new realities. Personally I don't really understand the point of "paranormal investigation teams" only because you don't have to travel somewhere to connect with a higher dimension. It's all around you.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think some of you have been watching too many 'spooky' films

I honestly don't mean to sound as though I am belittling anybody.
I have come across some really nasty pieces of work doing 'house clearances', but all they seem to do is make me angry and they get duly scolded for behaving like spoiled brats and it works every time. The only time these 'nasties' get out of control is if they sense the fear in you and they feed on it.

On the other hand I have also, and in the majority, come across some absolutely beautiful energy out there to the point it has made me weep with the love I have felt.

As to equipment.....I only use my dowser and some essential oils (when needed), the electronic gagetry I have never used. I can see a point to them, however I do wonder how 'good' they are being man made to measure something which was original 'man' energy. I always trust my own 'vibes' and it's never let me down

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Has Snoopie disappeared into the 4th dimension?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well I believe when you die, your soul continues after death. Scientists cannot confirm or deny the ether soul is there. Must be something in it, when my Dad died, for years I could smell his pipe tobacco in our house and when my wife's Mum died, our dog jumped up at the clock at exactly the time she died one year to the day.

top topics

join