It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely clueless congresswoman stuns with Benghazi answer at town hall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Congresswoman shocks an entire nation - America finds out that Benghazi is in Africa after all.

Wow... just... wow!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ann Kuster was sworn into office on jan 3, 2013, long after Benghazi happened, she does not sit on Issa's committee, she is on veterens affairs, small business, and agriculture committees, and she isn't privy to the closed-session Benghazi briefings....so....yeah...she doesn't have a clue about it...to me, she IS SMART ENOUGH not to be baited into some type of off-the-cuff answer, and she wanted to stick to the meeting's agenda that she had prepared for.....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That moderator is funny. Basically "let's stick to questions that she knows the answers to. Maybe someone can ask which cereal she likes best or her favorite color." I don't think you can fake stupidity like this. It's real as can be.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So, despite the fact that the terrorists who attacked at Benghazi were affiliated with Al Qaeda, which is a Middle Eastern issue, she can't answer any questions about it?

Why is she offering to answer questions about the Middle East then? Was she expecting questions about farming techniques on Israeli kibbutzes?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
WE need to pass laws makign all politicians pass a min IQ test before they can even run for office.

We license people to drive.

Let's license politicians.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

grey580
WE need to pass laws makign all politicians pass a min IQ test before they can even run for office.

We license people to drive.

Let's license politicians.

You're Sooooo Right!
Their just Scary,,, between her and this guy. Apparently he's on the House Armed Services Committee, Who put him there, that person needs to be looked at very Closely Also!

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee hearing last Thursday.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."

"Presumably, when you're the head guy of a major fleet for a big-time navy, you've got plenty of other ways of filling your time other than reassuring congressmen on whether miscellaneous land masses are likely to tip over and sink," Mark Steyn wrote at the National Review Online. "But it's business as usual in Congress."

Hank Johnson Worries Guam
I guess I don't have to mention the Fact,,,, OH,,, you all noticed it,,, I don't need to Point it Out! "D"

edit on 10-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ummmmmmm .... Libya is considered Africa, or North African, it is not considered Middle Eastern. Egypt is the only African country considered to be part of the Middle East, because it borders the ME and is involved with it's affairs. Libya was heavily involved with Sub Saharan politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

CON servatives don't care if they lie to prove some non existent point. They only care about furthering their agenda at the exspense of others. It is what you have to do when you have original ideas of your own. Give 100 CON servatives a blank map and ask them to point to Libya and let the laughter ensue.

Did you notice after the falsehood was pointed out it no longer matters. Lie and deflect, lie and deflect, rinse and repeat. Same crap different post.
edit on 10-12-2013 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

xuenchen
^^^^^^ The future of the country is in their hands !!

Wrong.... it is in yours.

It is always easy to blame others. I can tell you for a fact that if i was born an American.... i would run for president or organize a party for it. I wouldnt just cry all day and tell everyone how its outta my hands.

Dont get me wrong, i feel ya..... i know americans are not as happy as they always have been.... and i love American values and i love america even though i dont live there, and i simply dont understand why the people dont come together to elect a president who is not backed by big corp! since that is what everybody seems to be complaining about!

You see the Kennedy's were the last ones to fund themselves. It all makes sense why they were ereased form this world, but at the same time i dont get why until today nobody has tried to repeat this. So who is to blame?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Actually it IS "in their hands".

Representatives elected to Congress are voted in by people in those respective districts.

There's 435 districts, each with around 720,000 population.

I don't live in 'Her" district.
edit on Dec-10-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

One of my favorites was Sheila Jackson Lee who wondered when we were going to drive the Mars rover past the American flag.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

Yes, I know Libya is in N. Africa which is why I pointed out that Al Qaeda was involved. They are a Middle Eastern issue and topic.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

OP maybe you should do a little homework. She sure outsmarted YOU.
Libya and Benghazi are not in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

It doesn't. I believe Egypt is the only Afeican country that is consideres part of the middle east. I don't think the definition changes country to country.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I agree with you but see the quote above about how the term got usurped by the US. Like many other terms they like to shift things around to a point that any significant dialog is all but intelligible.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

In what way was the definition 'usurped'?

The Middle East is the Middle East and has been the Middle East for ages.

Libya is not in the Middle East; it is in North Africa.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

See the link provided in a post above in reference to the US as first use by US governance, how they expand upon the "normal" area that the terms defines itself. US media and politics have "usurped" many terms and concepts since they are in an indisputable position of cultural dissemination for so long. You can probably learn a bit more by reading some of Noam Chomsky works/papers or even videos (on youtube).
edit on 11-12-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

ketsuko
So, despite the fact that the terrorists who attacked at Benghazi were affiliated with Al Qaeda, which is a Middle Eastern issue, she can't answer any questions about it?

No offense...Have you ever heard of Al-Qaeda of Africa? The folks responsible for dozens of attacks including the recent Mall attack in Kenya? Al-Qaeda is NOT just a "middle eastern" issue And the folks that attacked the Embassy were from Africa/Libya, not the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

rnaa

In what way was the definition 'usurped'?

The Middle East is the Middle East and has been the Middle East for ages.

Libya is not in the Middle East; it is in North Africa.

Plate Techtonics..in the age of Pangea Libya was in the Middle East

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join