It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd co-founder Waters draws parallels between Israel, Nazi Germany

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Oh, the mainstream and enlightenment of Mr waters is far superior to anyone of low stature, sheer BS. Every one has an agenda, and this agenda is based on your enviornment and influences of the people around you. That does, in no way make you correct, perfect or insightful, It is just an opinion, and everyone has one, enjoy....But top quality drugs, my bet is.......

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

Krazysh0t
reply to post by TheWrightWing

That may have to do with Obama not having good relations with that country. Bush certainly helped them out. Though keep in mind, just because we may not send troops to help them out, doesn't mean we aren't helping them. We send billions of dollars in aid every year over there, plus we've sent weaponry in the past including bunker buster bombs and jet fuel during the Israel-Lebanon conflict.

Israel/U.S. war relations

Here an article that sums up many of my sentiments:

Israel Has Reached Childhood's End -- It's Time to End U.S. Aid to Israel

Helping them and Cleaning Up Their Mess are two different things.

And really, the notoriously anti-Semitic HuffPoo as a reliable source for anything about Israel? Come on.

Your posts smell of shilling for the Zionist Agenda. The only reason I am replying to your post is to warn others not to reply to you as they are just feeding a paid troll.

Nice try and thank you for playing

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

the quality of the recreational chemicals must be staggering at that level.

Roger Waters barely touches his beer.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

TheToastmanCometh

Your posts smell of shilling for the Zionist Agenda. The only reason I am replying to your post is to warn others not to reply to you as they are just feeding a paid troll.

Nice try and thank you for playing

How weak is the anti-Israel argument?

Pretty weak, indeed.

Paid Zionist Shill! Lol!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Mufcutcakeyumyum
Well, I clicked on this thread for a couple of reasons...
1. I like the Floyd
2. I like Roger, although he is both the ugliest and most self centred musician I can maybe think of right now, the way he treated Rick Wright was appalling.

Anyhow, I am always interested to know why "rock stars" and the like, you know, Bono, Geldof etc think they can diversify into politics and such.
After reading three pages of this thread I must say I am disappointed. Not slapping down the discussion, just misinterpreted the thread title.

For what it's worth, Rogers' lyrics have been political almost from day one, certainly from DSOM onwards. In any interview I have seen though it comes from a personal experience perspective as opposed to a world wide concern.

The thing about it, though, is even though his lyrics have always had a strong political tinge to them, he tended to usually leave them open enough to interpretation that he wasn't necessarily preaching a specific political philosophy.

I can listen to "Dogs" right now and to me, it's about someone I know. It's open enough that you can make your own decision about what it means.

His "Amused To Death" album is very well done but is much more explicit in it's themes than most of his Pink Floyd work was. It's heavy-handed but still a reasonably enjoyable listen.

Personally, though he's nowhere near as good a lyricist as Waters, I prefer Gilmour's standoffishness. His lyrics have often been political too but it's not as obnoxious. Waters is extremely talented (or used to be) but it looks like he's entirely guided by his emotions at the moment.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

I agree. There is rarely anything frilly or excessive about the Waters sound or lyric, it is no nonsense by and large.
He is a sensitive man I think, and definitely an extremely frustrated one, has been for many many years. He is borderline paranoid / melancholic in his writing, he didn't write many love songs.
If he were an artist it would be reflected in his paintings, a novelist, in his books, but he is a musician, so it comes out in his music. I believe the things he says about politics / events, are longstanding; he hasn't jumped on any bandwagon, unlike some, they are a bit deeper than that.

The events of WW2 took his father, to him, the Crown / Facist Axis entities took him. Like many others, any ism in politics boils down fundamentally to the same thing, and it sucked. His music reflects this. Blimey, a lot of his stuff was rejected by Gilmour and co because it was too dark. Ok some of it made its way onto the Final Cut, as someone else stated very well, but how much is unrecorded?

I have time for anyone with a genuine opinion, one you know stems from a feeling that has been harbored for years, and not put under their noses as a script Mr Brand. They might be right, or wrong, but it is nevertheless a genuine opinion.

"...and if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight? And if I open my heart to you, show you my weak side, what would you do?"

He knows some of his comments open him up for a rollocking and critisism, but I genuinely don't think he is bothered about it.

"..is everyone in? Are you having a nice time? Now the Final Solution can be applied."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join