It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech giants team up to battle NSA surveillance, governmental snooping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I found this very interesting, although it could possibly be a ploy to convince the masses that their favorite superheros are "protecting" them. What do you think?

Eight of the world’s largest tech companies, including Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Apple, have joined forces to launch the Reform Government Surveillance website and open letter. The website specifically calls out the US government, and governments worldwide, for their over-reaching and highly opaque information gathering activities. The open letter asks the US government to lead worldwide efforts to “ensure that government surveillance efforts are clearly restricted by law, proportionate to the risks, transparent and subject to independent oversight.”

LINK

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

These guys are all in bed with them. Pure Kabuki.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

There was a thread about this earlier today, here.

I think it's a ploy to save face in the aftermath of the Snowden fall-out. All of these companies have a history of sharing data and otherwise cooperating with federal law enforcement agencies even in the absence of a court order compelling them to do so.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Didn't Google knuckle under to China fairly recently too?

Meh,

*Deletes Chrome just for the hell of it

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

theantediluvian

There was a thread about this earlier today, here.

I think it's a ploy to save face in the aftermath of the Snowden fall-out. All of these companies have a history of sharing data and otherwise cooperating with federal law enforcement agencies even in the absence of a court order compelling them to do so.

Woops, I guess my search wasn't thorough enough

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

LOLOLOLOLOL.

As though THEY are NOT in cahoots with the globalists doing the same things. What a farce.

Clever PR campaign though.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So the peeping toms are gonna make sure Uncle Sam puts down his binoculars?

I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

join