It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Recants Allegations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
George Zimmerman's girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, wants the no contact order rescinded and does not want him to be prosecuted.

In recently obtained court documents Scheibe said that wasn't true, and she was just overwhelmed and tired after their argument.
Zimmerman is free on $9,000 bond on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief. He has pleaded not guilty.
Scheibe has claimed investigators refused to let her talk to a lawyer. She also said she does not want to press charges against Zimmerman.

Source - WFTV.com

The latest twist in the ongoing legal saga of George Zimmerman, via ABC News, which appears to have landed the scoop directly from Zimmerman's legal team:
Zimmerman's girlfriend who called Florida police [last month] to say he was breaking her stuff and was brandishing a weapon no longer wants to press charges against him and instead wants to get back together with him. Zimmerman ... is asking to have conditions of his bail modified so he can resume contact with Samantha Scheibe.
According to court documents filed by Zimmerman's attorney Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe, 27, gave a sworn statement in which she wrote, "I do not want George Zimmerman charged." Scheibe's new affidavit taken Dec. 6 stated, "When I was being questioned by police I felt very intimidated...I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to police."
Scheibe wrote that Zimmerman "never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner" and that "I want to be with George." Weintraub claims that Scheibe reached out to her and asked that the order barring contact between herself and Zimmerman be lifted.

Source - Slate.com

I have mixed feelings about this. In the bail hearing, it was revealed by the prosecution that she was further claiming that GZ had choked here a week prior to the incident for which he'd been arrested. It's also worth noting that she apparently isn't saying he didn't pull out a firearm, only that he didn't brandish at her in a threatening manner. It's not unusual for domestic abuse victims to have a change of heart weeks after the fact but it's also not unheard of for a person to falsely claim domestic violence as a way of abusing the legal system to attack a spouse/lover out of anger.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Aww isnt that sweet... they made up. IMO she should be prosecuted for lying and wasting resources concerning her lovers spat with the guy. Besides, who would date that moron??? Oh yeah, another moron.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Advantage
Aww isnt that sweet... they made up. IMO she should be prosecuted for lying and wasting resources concerning her lovers spat with the guy. Besides, who would date that moron??? Oh yeah, another moron.

Agreed, I'm "not a fan" of George Zimmerman, but if it turns out her allegations were completely made up then that's filing a false police report.

Florida Statutes 817.49 - False reports of commission of crimes; penalty
Florida Statutes > Chapter 817 > Part I > 817.49

Current as of: 2012
Check for updates
2011 version
Whoever willfully imparts, conveys or causes to be imparted or conveyed to any law enforcement officer false information or reports concerning the alleged commission of any crime under the laws of this state, knowing such information or report to be false, in that no such crime had actually been committed, shall upon conviction thereof be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Pertinent penalties under 775.082 & 775.083 respectively:

(a) For a misdemeanor of the first degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year;

Fines for designated crimes and for noncriminal violations shall not exceed:
(a) $15,000, when the conviction is of a life felony.
(b) $10,000, when the conviction is of a felony of the first or second degree.
(c) $5,000, when the conviction is of a felony of the third degree.
(d) $1,000, when the conviction is of a misdemeanor of the first degree.

source

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This dude needs to get away. Hell, move up north and stay single. Trouble seems to be attracted to this guy like flies on a turd.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
She recanted, at the suggestion of her attorney, because George had two cellphones during the confrontation.

She found this out afterwards, obviously during discussion of discovery, that he had recorded the entire incident. Amazing how her story changed once she found out he had recorded it.

This is revealing in that she admits she lied to the police, hence, she has no choice but to recant.

The entire thing was fabricated, as many have said from the start, he was set up. This proves it to be the case. I doubt George will be as forgiving as she is hoping. He would be wise to steer clear of her.

source

At the time of his arrest, Zimmerman had two cell
phones. An affidavit, filed Monday, says he told
authorities he recorded the altercation with his
girlfriend on his cell phone.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

So he carries two cell phones and records anything as soon as it hints of trouble. I'd say he's learned his lesson, the hard way, and is now creating his own personal Truman Show.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Aleister

So he carries two cell phones and records anything as soon as it hints of trouble. I'd say he's learned his lesson, the hard way, and is now creating his own personal Truman Show.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Or, he had two cell phones because trouble had been brewing since the week before when she alleged the "choking" took place, yet never reported it to police, or the drama about the pregnancy that never was began.

George, having memories of the Trayvon Martin incident, thought a little CYA might be in order. You remember how the police tested him by saying that someone had recorded the whole thing on a cellphone? And he was happy? Relieved, because there was evidence to prove his side? Till he found out they lied?

As for his personal Truman Show? I guess that part remains to be seen if he goes back to her. If he does, then that assessment is straight on. If not, good on him for picking up on the signs of a set-up, or an incoming battle where some CYA was in order.

I cannot judge him poorly for using a device for self defense, as I have been in a situation twice where my instincts told me to do the same thing, and it saved my arse. He thought ahead, kudos on him.

I guess some people will find a reason to shoot him down for another reason, if he can prove with recorded evidence that he was innocent of the accusations levied against him.

So now, he is a fiend for recording it. Lol. Perhaps, she was a histrionic witch for trying to set him up.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I didn't say I disagree with his use of the cell phone, it's a wise choice on his part. And yes, his emotions and comment when he was told (lied to) by the police that the tragic incident in Florida was recorded seemed to me to be one of the key points in favor of him during his trial.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Aleister

I didn't say I disagree with his use of the cell phone, it's a wise choice on his part. And yes, his emotions and comment when he was told (lied to) by the police that the tragic incident in Florida was recorded seemed to me to be one of the key points in favor of him during his trial.

Understood. I can just see people seizing on anything to attack him. So many people seem to have forgotten innocent until proven guilty, and like to convict people in the court of popular opinion.

Then, people misunderstandably slam people as "Zimmerman Supporters", when, in fact, the people are actually supporters of rights, law, and common order. Many people did not idolize George, though some did, but most were concerned about the many aspects of law that were twisted to attempt to convict someone for the desires of a vocal group as opposed to by the rule of law.

Apologies if I came across as if you were in that group, it was just a comment at the end of my reply, and I should have specified it was in general, and not aimed at you specifically.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Thanks. I know if I were him I'd be wearing a 24-hour "Zimmerman cam".

new topics

top topics

join