It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Be Saved And Recieve Salvation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hello brother or sister would you like to accept Jesus Christ in your life and be cleansed from all your sins and receive the Holy Spirit? Once you accept Jesus Christ your sins will be washed away and you will be able to go to heaven by continuing walking with him.

After you accept Jesus Christ you must turn from your sins and try your best to not continue in them. I you accept Jesus and continue on living in sin and not trying to live like Jesus would want you to live like then your faith is in vain and is no good because faith is dead without works. You will most likely still make mistakes because we aren't perfect but repent and feel sorry for your sins and try not to do it again. Once you have received the truth of Jesus Christ, accept him and turn from your sins. If you would like to make that transition in your life right now and accept Jesus Christ into your life then repeat the prayer below with your mouth, turn from your sins and follow Jesus Christ.

Father God in heaven, I am a sinner and deserve destruction from breaking your laws, I recognize that I need a savior and to be washed clean from my sins, right now Father God I accept your Son Jesus Christ into my life and accept your gift of salvation, I believe that your Son Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and arose on the third day to pay the price for my sins, send your Holy Spirit into my heart and transform me right now, pour down your Holy Spirit into my soul and let me feel your love, power, and strength in my soul, lead me everyday in my walk, teach me how to live and give me strength to endure to the end, send down your Holy Angels to protect me from the evil one, thank you Jesus Christ for your gift of salvation and dying on the cross for my sins, in Jesus Christ name I pray Amen.

If you have said the prayer above and truly accepted Jesus Christ into your life then your saved and I suggest you to get a bible and start reading the gospels starting with Matthew. Do not let any of the post below distract you and discourage you and I recommend you to don't even look at them. Read your bible everyday and feel free to email me on this website if you have any questions. Remember everyday to look forward in growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ, and listen to the Holy Spirit speaking to you. Always pray, at least 2 times a day, God is always listening. May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you forever and forever more.
edit on 9-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

yeah all i got was tech support

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That's why we need to go to Mars and terra form it. Then shoot Nukes at earth during the apocalypse to spare human suffering.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This stuff is getting to be a pain the the wrecktum.
We all know how to be saved, but from what?
Its clear that all human beings cept Jesus himself have a berth in hell awaiting them......

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
from yourselves...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Its your choice to make, God is not going to force you. Jesus Christ saved us from hell, he was and is the only person who could ever do what he did and remain perfect until death, God's only Son.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by stirling

Its your choice to make, God is not going to force you. Jesus Christ saved us from hell, he was and is the only person who could ever do what he did and remain perfect until death, God's only Son.

Oh, it's you...again. You're becoming quite the troll aren't you? I thought there were rules about preaching in the forums? Don't you understand you're accomplishing exactly the opposite you intend? Personally, I will never submit to any passive-aggressive religious BS no matter how damning and painful YOUR version of hell sounds! It's people like you some of us are running away from in the first place. Please ask your God for some common sense!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

it's called a living wage...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I've accepted Jesus in my life, he's my landscaper. And he has saved me........... from fines from the HOA and the weed rule here.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
As I understand it, a prayer wont "save" you. True salvation comes from the grace of God and complete capitulation. Its in Ephesians.. somwhere.

and Im not even a xtian.. but I read sometimes.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes very true, you have to turn from your sins after you repent to be saved.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I just want to know which is the bible I should be reading. The King James Bible? I'm concerned that because the KJB was only translated 1,600 years after the death of Christ, it might not be that accurate and vulnerable to misinterpretation from the men who had to interpret it. How do I get to read the original text, not some interpretation hundreds of years after the events took place.

Until I get to read the very first bible, I'm always going to question the authority and authenticity of an interpretation 1,600 years after the events took place.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
I just want to know which is the bible I should be reading. The King James Bible? I'm concerned that because the KJB was only translated 1,600 years after the death of Christ, it might not be that accurate and vulnerable to misinterpretation from the men who had to interpret it. How do I get to read the original text, not some interpretation hundreds of years after the events took place.

Until I get to read the very first bible, I'm always going to question the authority and authenticity of an interpretation 1,600 years after the events took place.

The Codex Sinaiticus.. or that fragment of John from 1st century... ya smart alek..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

We're still talking 400 years after Jesus died. I want to see the very first text. The one that came straight from the voice of god to mans hand. Does that version exist?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

woodwardjnr

We're still talking 400 years after Jesus died. I want to see the very first text. The one that came straight from the voice of god to mans hand. Does that version exist?

yep. Just read a thread about the Zero Point Field. Bet there is one in there.. probably the original 10 commandments too.
I was being Facetious Woodward.

Im not an xtian.. the codex is just the oldest compete bible I know of.. or that anyone knows of. There are earlier fragments of different books and etc. As far as I can tell from xtian belief ( and for the OT.. jewish belief) .. the bible.. in the complete, was not written from gods mouth to paper in one sitting. It was centuries of history written out over centuries. God didnt dictate a book.. since the OT was old covenant spread out over centuries ( the talmud in Hebrew.. the christian old testament is the jewish "bible") and the NT new covenant. God quit talking and Jesus started talking when the NT was written. The oldest COMPLETE bible.. ot and NT... is likely the codex. Its a 1,600-year-old text and is unlike the bibles today.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Thanks for that. As you can tell I don't know much about bible history. So, the Jewish Talmud and the Old Testament are the same text? The New Testament just a Christian text, not compatible with Jewish beliefs?

Sorry for being facetious before. Only exposed my own ignorance on the bibles origins.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

woodwardjnr

Thanks for that. As you can tell I don't know much about bible history. So, the Jewish Talmud and the Old Testament are the same text? The New Testament just a Christian text, not compatible with Jewish beliefs?

Sorry for being facetious before. Only exposed my own ignorance on the bibles origins.

No prob!!
Yes, the old testament is the "jewish bible". The New Testament is jesus.. which of course the jews dont accept as the christ. The thing about the new testament is that in the Greek, it doesnt really matchup with the KJV.. mainly because the words themselves mean different things in Greek. The KJV was as good as it got at that time. You can read the direct greek translation though. I read it first in the greek and hebrew interlinear. biblehub.com...

You dont have to be a "thumper" to be interested.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Jesus gave us one commandment. I'm sure you know it: To love one another as He loves us. Jesus also told us the greatest commandment of all was to love God and our neighbors. There's a theme here: LOVE.

Even Satan "believes" that Jesus is the son of God and the savior of mankind. Belief obviously isn't enough. What is Satan lacking? Love. Jesus wants us to LOVE.

It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow good post. I think what that does is a few things....

1) You allow forgiveness to happen. You've been hurt, and have caused much hurt. So you're letting go of all that

2) You're becoming spiritually awake for the first time because you've surrendered to "the spirit". All these man made ideas aren't going to do the same thing. You're relinquishing your pride, ego, vanity, and becoming humble, open, and receptive to a higher power.

3) you're welcoming a higher power to enter you you. What happens is as long as you're authentic and humble, the holy spirit somehow will enter you. Once that happens strange and magical things will start to happen in your life. It's just crazy all the stuff that ends up happening often times. Because once you start to align yourself with God, life just changes. For one death has no hold over you anymore. There's nothing to fear anymore. You also just start to realize everything in the physical world isn't all there is. You realize there's a whole other aspect to life operating out of the spiritual side of life.

I could go on and on but that's about it for now. Then to solidify your change you should pray daily, read the word, and go to church especially to meet other Christians. Look up: td jakes, and John Hagee on youtube. They have some great videos that are really powerful. It's just an overall good decision in life. And one no one ever regrets doing.

Anyway good luck.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I read the King James Version, you have to just trust God and believe that his words are true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join