It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

giant airship slated for iraqi mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The US Army is planning on using what is described as the world's largest unmanned airship to support troops in iraq. The airship ,122FT long 37FT wide was sesigned for survelliance and reconnaissance missions. It is being tested by developer Bosh Aerospace division, of San Diego Calif. The Ace Airship flies at altitudes of excess of 5,000 FT, and can stay airborne for up to 36 hours and can carry several hundred pounds of payload.

Maybe we can use something like this to launch small recon UAV's who inturn send there info to commanders on the field.

nationaldefensemagazine.org

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
" The airship ,122FT long 37FT wide "

Ok. it can go 5,000 Ft but what happens if it goes low enough for one of these guys to hit it? I think the size is too big first of all but if its high up then thats fine what about low altitude?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

The US Army is planning on using what is described as the world's largest unmanned airship to support troops in iraq. The airship ,122FT long 37FT wide was sesigned for survelliance and reconnaissance missions. It is being tested by developer Bosh Aerospace division, of San Diego Calif. The Ace Airship flies at altitudes of excess of 5,000 FT, and can stay airborne for up to 36 hours and can carry several hundred pounds of payload.

Maybe we can use something like this to launch small recon UAV's who inturn send there info to commanders on the field.

nationaldefensemagazine.org

sounds more like a cover up for a hell fire missle platform to me LOLOLOLOL

Ha large payload equals missles and small bombs or rpg's

[edit on 18/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

Seems the Mods dont like mistakes I accidently pushed the post button instead of the view post button and got a stinking penalty for one line response while I was editing my message with the rest of its content ,,,,,that is wrong. NOW is that fair or what. People should wait more than a minute or two before they penalize you for something you didnt mean to do , now if it was 5 or ten minutes later then fine but this was as I was writing within the same minute after the post button was hit.....I OBJECT

[edit on 18/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

join