It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raelians - 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
(Apologies if this religious group has been covered here before, but I did a search and any previous threads I found were dating from a number of years back, and contained some quite out-of-date information. I was also hoping this thread could focus specifically on personal experiences of ATS members encountering The Raelians, which I don't believe has been covered before).

I've heard about this group a few times before, but then in recent years things seemed to go a bit quiet. Today though, I came across them again online as their leader came out in support of Scottish independence (I am a Scot - we are having a referendum on independence from the UK next year). It made me a bit curious and I did a search on who exactly they are, and what they believe in.

To summarise, their leader Rael claims he was visited in the 70s by an alien being who told him that humans were seeded on this planet at some point in ancient history. Throughout our development, various representatives of this race have visited us to steer our history and guide our development, including Jesus, Buddha, Moses and Muhammed.

On a site like this, I am sure many of you will be quite familiar with similar ancient astronaut theories. However, to those not as familiar with conspiracy websites, this stuff could sound a bit eccentric, to say the least. But what is interesting, is that this organisation also promote a number of political and ideological beliefs in the hope of advancing human welfare. These include promoting : gender equality ; a lack of discrimination ; anti-war beliefs ; and a pro-democratic stance. They also believe that through the pursuit of knowledge and advance of science, we can lessen the need to work so much, enabling us to become involved in more fulfilling pursuits. Furthermore, they also believe that science should be used to pursue immortality (or at least a prolongued lifespan) and exploration of other planets.

So far, all of this sounds pretty good - right? Well, unfortunately this organisation has also been involved in some controversy over the years. I have read reports that beautiful young women are used to lure potential new members into the group, who will then be relieved of their money. There are also rumours of sex parties, and of the leader of the organisation (Rael) using female members to pleasure him sexually.

In recent years, some of you may also have heard of the Raelians a lot in the media when they announced that they had managed to clone the first human. However, when asked to provide evidence of this, they refused - leading the scientific community to believe that the whole thing was simply a ruse, and an attempt to court free publicity.

So my question to you all is this. Having read through a number of both positive and negative claims about The Raelians (many of which may well be quite biased), does anyone on this site have any personal experiences of this group? I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I have never ran into and "Raelians" however my opinion on them is that Rael created his church as a way to get young, and fairly attractive woman (at least from the pics I've seen) to join in on his fun. By that I mean to do the act with him. Also from what I have read he requires the woman to be nude while with him at his church.

I think the whole thing is a ruse and he is doing it for his own personal perversions. If there was any truth to his claims he should be able to provide his evidence of his claims.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, just stating my opinions.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They have been discussed MANY times on ATS:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

There is a ton more threads on them

ETA: Here's one describing a personal message from the group:

Anyone else get a message from the Raelians?
edit on 12/9/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hi there,

Rael has started this group somewhere around 1974 in France and has expanded to where I live, Quebec.

I've watched him a couple of times on TV like once in the show called ''Tout le monde en parle'' (Everyone talks about it), and as much as I believe in E.T, this guy didn't seem plausible to me at all.
Just seem to me he tried to take advantage of the innocence of people.

You can take a look at the appearance he made at this show [which he was greatly ridiculized] -

edit on 9-12-2013 by St0rD because: Wrong spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
No personal experience. However, their message--and lineage--might be in service to a political-socio-philosophy connected to an alphabet agency and globalism.

Dr. Jacques Vallee's Messengers of Deception covered this angle in regards the Raelians and others and has turned out to be very prescient and on target for a book written in 1979 I think. I'm pretty sure Messengers of Deception can even be found as a PDF these days.

edit on 9-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I believe the Raelians are the guys behind the annual topless marches in various cities.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Er.....thanks, Homer. But like I said in my post - those are all very old threads - the ones you mentioned are between 5 and 8 years old. A lot has changed since then, apparently. Obvious examples of developments include announcements being made about the intended direction of the movement after the leader/founder passes away, and the controversy about the lack of evidence for the claimed clone. And also, as I made clear, I wanted this thread to take a slightly different angle from previous ones.

If some pedant came onto this board with that kind of attitude every time someone posted a UFO thread, or a 9/11 thread, then the site would suffer as a result.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

That did cross my mind as well, to be honest. It made me wonder though..... if its as simple as that, what's in it for all the hot young ladies expected to indulge his..... erm....... 'worldly needs'?????

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What happened to the castration program they used to talk abouy?
I thought they believed in getting castrated?? or was that just for "lay members?"
edit on 9-12-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

stirling
What happened to the castration program they used to talk abouy?
I thought they believed in getting castrated?? or was that just for "lay members?"
edit on 9-12-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

I believe, sir stirling, that you are remembering the Heaven's Gate UFO cult. (Vallee called that one, too, in Messengers of Deception.)

So many similarities between the two that it's easy to do. Peace, old ATS friend.

Group members gave up their material possessions and lived a highly ascetic life devoid of many indulgences. The group was tightly knit and everything was shared communally. Seven of the male members of the group, including Applewhite, voluntarily underwent castration in Mexico as an extreme means of maintaining the ascetic lifestyle.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Gate_(religious_group)

edit on 9-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A friend of mine came home one day thrilled about this beautiful blonde girl who came up to him while waiting for the bus. She suckered him into one of their functions where they wanted money.

Rael bait.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Sorry don't know anything about "em. But don't want to either.
Still have some advice tho. Don't drink the cool aid !

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

so why is a cult of French origins now interested in Scottish independence ?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Millions
reply to post by SloAnPainful

That did cross my mind as well, to be honest. It made me wonder though..... if its as simple as that, what's in it for all the hot young ladies expected to indulge his..... erm....... 'worldly needs'?????

Brainwashing? Maybe he has a little money, or they are just down right believe him...

Either way it's working for him.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I have absolutely no idea.To be honest, when it comes to that subject, there are a lot of individuals with no credibility whatsoever (sportsmen, TV actors, minor celebrities, etc) who want to have their say and try to influence people, so we get used to tuning that stuff out.

So there is no-one on this site who is either a member, or knows a member, of The Raelians??? If so, I'd be really be interested in hearing from you.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hi, GUT - I was just trying to understand what you meant. How would this cult, if that's what you think it is, be of any benefit to government organisations? Do you mean in an attempt to damage the credibility of people who believe in the existence of alien life?

top topics

join