It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial presence in our solar system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The trick to finding aliens in the solar system is to avoid falling into the trap of thinking that if something looks like it was manufactured (too regular, too many straight lines, etc.) then it was ALIENS!

Looks are all a matter of opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

0bserver1

at point A I think thats Venus but looking at point B I can't really say what that is?

second Image point A = Ison
Point B = ?
But it looks like the sperical thing this BpEarthwatch talking about?
Now watch the SOHO Video and shift to 1:02 minutes.

Point B
Image artifacts - Telescope and camera defects

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras or optics used to take the images. The most noticeable example of a camera defect is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well I do find it weird ,I watched the SOHO site but they don't explain anything about what so many people see? I know most of us are not experts on the SOHO images but at least they could give some decent information to clear the skies some more?

What's your thought about all this?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hey great that I didn't know about that's one solved ..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hey great that I didn't know about that's one solved ..

You may want to look at this
Image artifacts

Explains some of the common non-solar features which appear in the images.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i assumed you meant presence, not present

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

We need something a little more stringent than false flags, revolutions, civil and world wars I think.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

JimOberg
The topic is a serious one and a lot of people take the likelihood of coming across traces, seriously. I do.

So giggles aside, how about back on track?

I agree. What do you think of Dr. Paul Davies idea to crowdsource a look through LRO imagery for anything anomalous which might be artificial but not left by us, the Russians or (now) China?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

All I see are uneducated responses (the vids, not ATS replies) to solar events.

The reason why we keep sending scientific satellites to monitor stuff like this is because we are still proving theories. People have a hard time putting facts together that boggles their current understanding. Stuff happens, you won't understand unless you had a class...or choose to look at the facts. Reminds me of explaining that prop commuter acft don't have pistons. They are a turboprop/shaft engines that operate on the same simple principles that a normal jetliner engine does.

Stuff happens, just because you don't understand doesn't imply Aliens....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

No absolutely correct but if one does not look ahead we still wouldn't know if the earth was flat or not .
And Columbus wouldn't have discovered America.
So now that important figures are openly talk about this subject and proof of that it exists more and more going to surface we can discuss the possibility that life elsewhere has the power to travel great distances.and maybe reaching our solar system?
"Im not saying it's aliens, but maybe aliens"

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

What ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

i can see everyone having a laugh about this but no one can debunk it or can they?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

All I see are uneducated responses (the vids, not ATS replies) to solar events.

The reason why we keep sending scientific satellites to monitor stuff like this is because we are still proving theories. People have a hard time putting facts together that boggles their current understanding. Stuff happens, you won't understand unless you had a class...or choose to look at the facts. Reminds me of explaining that prop commuter acft don't have pistons. They are a turboprop/shaft engines that operate on the same simple principles that a normal jetliner engine does.

If its not aliens, it must be God.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

No I ruined my thread by not noticing the typo I made in the head line it stated presents and not presence ... totally looked over that.

That's why so yeah I somehow wanted to flush this out of my mind..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Changed my avatar thingie on that remark.

I for one, hope that there are alien bases in our system. I'm sure every nerd here would want that to be true. Let them come and run things - couldn't hurt right?

.....unless it is a cookbook they have with them. That would be interesting since we taste like pork. If we taste like pork....that means we can taste like BACON! We are F'd either way. GMO foods making us bigger and fatter a quinkydink...I think not.

Come to think of it...we do that to our cattle now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join