It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Slams Door Shut on Nuke Talks With Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Maybe someone has to rid of Bush.. literally.

You need to be very very carefull with stuff like that unless you want to have a cozzy interview with the Secret Service who HAS no sence of humor.

While Iran (as I posted above) may see its need for nuclear weapons, that does not mean they should be allowed to have them. Proliferation will be the end of the world if we allow it to continue un checked. Can you imagine if every tinhorn or banna republic had nukes? Christ betterstart building a bunker.

Yes maybe I was too harsh with the "Take out" comment.. but it really shows that Bush is not incharge of this world and there are others that would take him out at first chance.

They've already killed so many people as it is. Enough is enough.

Bush keeps a hit-list of leaders he'd like to take out.. I bet plenty have his arse on the hitlist as well.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Whats up with the name RedOctober90, Come On, We all no its you Michael Moore.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Michael Moore is just a guy who figured he'd make money off of the rest of the world by promoting an anti-Bush movie.. big deal...

It's people like you who'd rather focus on Michael Moore than on the real issues... it's easy to see how mainstream media affects people.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It is my opinion that the US WANTS a war with Iran and will do anything necessary to derail a peaceful solution to this problem. Sorry but thats Bush for you. He wants war, not peace. Is it for oil or just that he hates anyone that doesn't believe in our system of government (whatever that is).

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Bush is simply in total opposition of any form of progressive politics.

Proof of this is how he seems to have to base his politics off his religious beliefs rather than whats good for the country.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Everybody, please watch the quoting. 2-3 lines is usually enuf, I already have had to hand out a few warns, and my clicking finger is getting tired, so please keep them down to a minimum.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Fred... there are pros and cons to that. The good thing about short quotes is that you are guaranteed to stay within the acceptable use limits of IP law. The bad thing is that you are betting on the link working down the road and this particular thread having meaning. What happens down the road when the link is dead and no one knows what this discussion is about?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with Iran have Nukes, as it were, if they do possess these weapons, they are uncapable of launching a strike against America; this cannot be used as the same justification used for the Iraq war: They were a threat to our lifestyle (whatever the hell that meant), both phsyical and mental. The second justification used for the war on Iraq: They were harbouring Al-Queda and had links and ties to recent acts of terrorism fell faster than you can saw cheese; It has yet to be proven that Iran holds links to 9/11 or Al-Qeuda, in fact, Saudi Arabia is the one who were proponents of the Bin Laden family, not to mention the Bush family..

What I do wonder is this: Will China defend Iran due to their recent relationship --econimic relationship, and how would the U.S. bode with this?

On an earlier comment Marge made, I would like to add that weapons in the hands of America are more dangerous than in the hands of Pakistan and Iran, history dicatates this story quite well: Pushing Reaganite economics the world over; building economic bases in third world countries through agressive means; and countless unjustifiable wars : Iraq, Veitnam, the South-North Korean war...

Deep

[edit on 19-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

[edit on 19-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If I recall correctly Iran didn't sign the nuke treaty so they aren't doing anything illegal. Nothing more than what we've done. They aren't a threat to us. They have a right to defend themselves whether the US likes it or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I agree Indy. America spends more money on it's military than the top 35 countries combined, and has revoked any anti-"x" weapon resolution/treatie thrown at it. Why the double standard?

Let me guess, "Yeshua" must return to the "promised land" to return peace and order. Isreal is the world leader in human rights violations, yet, it's the biggest receiver in aid from the United States (whom have also Vetoed any resolution thrown against it), who continues to spam the public with propaganda time and time again; anyone who dissents America or Isreal is automaticaly labled un-patriotic or anti-semetic....

Deep

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
OK OK OK, there is far to much anti-bush filling up this forum.

For people that say "America has Nukes, So why cant everyone else", my response is: because they are not stable goverments, China is and Europe is and other like UK, Aus, etc, we dont mind as mush if they posses them because we know that they will give it serious weight before hitting the red button, but other countries like Iran and North Korea are counties that are unstable, they are comunist and have crazy leaders. If we bomb there facilities they might launch a nuke, which America would never do, for instance when terrorist killed thousands of innocent people we attacked them threw conventional means when of course it would of being easier to just nuke the afghan and Pakistan border. Its called logical thinking and restaint, and i dont think radical islams know what that is. There way of percieving the world is far different then we see it, we would never stap a bomb onto a soldier and say "kill as many as you can, do it for Allah".

TO BUSH HATERS: Its one thing to not agree with Bush, but its a whole nother to agree with countries like Iran.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Indy
If I recall correctly Iran didn't sign the nuke treaty so they aren't doing anything illegal.

Wrong , they did sign the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ok lets talk stability for a minute. China? Threatening Taiwan isn't stable in my opinion. Turkey and Pakistan nearly had a nuclear war. Russia? Very unstable. Who knows how many nukes they have lost. Oh and then there is the US. Possibly the most unstable of the bunch. Yes.... the US. This is the country that almost ended up having a nuclear war with the Soviet Union back in the 60's. This is a country that used nukes on Japan. A country that traded nuclear secrets to England for the formula for VX gas. This is the same country that trained bin Laden and funded Saddam. The US is a country constantly at war with someone for largely political reasons. The one country in the world that shouldn't have them is the US. What has Iran done? They keep to themselves. The last time they were at war we had our noses in it. We also share the blame for Saddam using chemical weapons since we gave them to him. We are the unstable ones. Not Iran.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Murcielago makes a good point. Every president has persued a non profileration stance from Carter to Reagan, to Bush, to Clinton etc etc. To simply chalk this up as a "W" issue. this is not as simplistic as that.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Murc,

That's not a good justification. You cannot call Iran a Communist country with a "crazy" leader and expect us to take your word for it; Iran's goverment runs it's country well, variance is expected, as it is in the minority goverenment in Canada; as it is in the two-party system in America. Goverenments the world over have internal conflicts between rival parties, but this does not deter thier ability to keep thier citizens safe and do what's best for them, relatively speaking. If you want to detract thier goverenments, do it in a logical and scientific manner. Now, radical Islamicists strapping bombs to themselves has nothing to do with this topic, nor does it have anything to do with the detraction of bodies of Goverment.

Now, I disagree with your statement that America would never send "NUKES" to an innocent country, hey, wake up and smell the country! I'm sure all 7 billion dollards worth of bombs in Cambodia sure brought them peace and stability; I'am sure Iraq really had to pay for the terrorists attack on 9/11. Remember, the country that did have a part in 9/11 was Saudi Arabia and not Iraq, but yet, we went after an innocent country and now over 100 thousand are dead becuase of that.

America has enough problems with it's goverment, it does not need to interefere with it's "devine grace" in others.

Deep

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

They keep to themselves. The last time they were at war we had our noses in it. We also share the blame for Saddam using chemical weapons since we gave them to him. We are the unstable ones. Not Iran.

Or mabye that Iran refuses it's subjects to recieve satalite TV, boycotts weastern products, and remains, like you already state, a recluse state; but, is that really a bad thing? Why exactly should we bring weastern materialism to that country?

I can just see CNN now: Iranian Citizens can finaly enjoy the galore of Macdonalds and weastern Soad Operas !

Deep

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Honestly its good to be different. To me the most depressing thing about going to Europe on vacation is seeing crap like McDonalds and Burger King over there. Oh yeah. And that junk store Walmart too. I didn't spend 9 hours in a tiny seat so I can experience more of the same junk we have here. I want to see something different. Something unique.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Bully for us! Am I the only one who noticed Iran getting cocky when they thought Kerry had a chance at winning? Suddenly Bush wins...and they want to talk! Let 'em sweat for a month or two...we'll get to them and talk on OUR time table, not theirs.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Why does the US cast a blind eye to Israel's known possession of WMDs and a nuclear arsenal? Why are there no weapons inspections in Israel? Or are there? I've never heard of any. If the goal is prevent the proliferation of nukes in the relatively small nations, why is Israel exempt? Who dictates US policy in this field? Why no rumblings over Russia's recent announcement of an enhanced nuclear capability? The double and triple standard is striking. Today's enemy is tomorrow's friend and vice versa. This is an extremely dangerous game the U.S. is playing. It's even more dangerous now that those in charge can't see anything beyond the tip of their own noses.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Radical Christians, Radical Islamists, whats the difference?
World domination by Christians, Jews, Muslims? Every country has world domination interests, same as every religion. It all depends on the groups resources and power if they are able to achieve it. If they don't have the power to achieve global dominance, then they should be able to achieve the necessary defense to protect themselves from radicals or foriegn aggressors.
All of you people going on and on about we gotta take Iran out this and that are messed up. Who is the aggressor in this situation? Who is next door killing their neighbors? Who's the one sticking up for that punk brat down the street that is constantly throwing rocks and calling names at the neighborhood?
To walk away from peace talks with Iran is suicide for OUR militaray and civilian population. Iran isn't Iraq

IMO we are underestimating Iran and to go to war with them would be bad considering we arent going anywhere in iraq for a long time. They have the high ground advantage overlooking the gulf. What if they being the "radical" muslims that so many of you republican christians label them as, launch a preemptive strike on our forces for all the dumb PR stunts being performed by our great CIC and cohorts. How many of our people do you think would die? It sure wouldn't be pretty. And that being said, do you think there would be a worldwide outcry telling them to stop attacking the U.S.? I highly doubt it, since we are the ones threatening them on an almost daily basis, and bullying the rest of the non-coalition countries around. This country has gotten bad in a little over 4 years. I can't believe that people think like this. Are we all hoping to piss off the world, and form a worldwide coalition against us or something? That may very well what is going to happen and this country will be the one in their history books after it's all said and done labeled as another hitler germany with massive amounts of brainwashed numbskull citizens.
Radical Islam caused 9/11? No I think it was negligence on the part of a certain someone and his administration or actually perpetrated by that very same person for his own goals. I don't believe a word these people are putting out and you shouldn't either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join