It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by VoidHawk

Do they try and put parties into power? sorry I will take the BBC over any Murdoch run newspaper,news channel.

They dont have too, all parties are the same thing!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

You know, I used to like Putin when he was younger, bare chested. Wrestling bears and all that stuff they reported on RT.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yup but the one Murdoch wants in usually gets in.
Iam just glad that we in the UK have discovered his dirty evil tricks, just a pity it isn't him in the courts at the moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think in a Political real life death match he would destroy everyone.
I think he would make Cameron cry...oh I would pay big money to see that lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Only Ed and Mr. Putin know the other 90%...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While I am no fan of Putins methods at all. I advise to those who are really curious about what is happening in Russia right now and with the Powerful elite in the Kremlin is to simply look at it in Geo-Political terms. Putin has and always will be about The Eurasian dream and stemming off any foreign aka Western influences and interventions as much as possible. It is about consolidation, control and separation from what is crippling the rest of the world right now that Putin wants to avoid and be completely separate from when SHTF. Just my 2 cents worth. It's all about Russia surviving the Cold winter coming towards the rest of the world economically and politically. The objective has always been about becoming the dominate super power in all aspects when no other viable super powers are sustainable.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Aleister

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
And apparently I am the only one who finds this concerning?

This marks a return to cold-war like activities that former Presidents had helped to all but eradicate.

No, it is concerning. But to be honest, it doesn't feel as draconian as it would if the internet and other media haven't made their way into Russian society. If Putin or any strongman wants to control the media they will probably find it's not as easy as it would have been 25 years ago. Freedom of speech and freedom of the press are hard critters to keep at bay in a technological world. That said, I hope that the people of Russia - at least its young people - carry their society into the future with those freedoms taking precedence over the thoughts of the few in control.

And basically, maybe this is an immediate action to what's happening in the Ukraine, which has to have Putin biting his nails and taking some of his celebrated swims to work off the tension.

It is not as hard as you think. Their whole system is set up for control. The people too have been conditioned this way for generations. China learned allot from Russia, they have controls built into everything including the internet. If you say the wrong thing there, well let's just say not many try even today.

So far attempts by the youth of Russia to really protest has been met with brutal precision. Even the ones they sanction for show are strictly controlled. Putin has become a master manipulator, he is one of those guys who can smile in your face and then stab you in the back.

It is sad to Russia sink back into the past but it must be for prophecies to come true. This makes you wonder lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just a little something....no controversy intended...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but it seems that we may have the same situation as well here as Russia and not even know it - due to the fact that we are being fed propaganda.

Doubt me? Watch the remake of Red Dawn once.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This news story seems to have been buried fast....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Aleister

Russia is in need of a new revival. It's been almost 25 years since the last...

Yea, and only TWO-HUNDRED & THIRTY-SIX (236) since the last one here in the U.S.

The United States is far more in need of a big political change than any where else in the western world I'm afraid....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

VoidHawk

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
The BBC is like PBS on steroids.

Spot on!
I wont allow their claptrap into my life anymore, not even their radio.
Anyone remember what they (bbc and gubment) did to radio caroline and the free stations we used to have?
First they labeled them as "Pirate" stations.
Then they broadcast an annoying whistle on the same frequencies as the "pirate" stations.
Then they physicaly attacked the pirate stations.
Then they CHANGED THE LAWS so that they could tow them away!!

And it wasn't because the "Pirates" were broadcasting anything bad, well, actually they did, they promoted Peace and Love!!!! [sarcasm]
The real problem was that the British public weren't receiving their daily dose of bbc propaganda because they were all listening to the peace and love stations. That WAS the problem!

Reminds me of a Beetle saying "I am warning you, with peace and love, that all letters after xxx day will be tossed. no more.. no more!"

"I am warning you with peace and love" LOL.. Howard always plays it...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It is just another way for the governments to control the masses and direct them in any way that they see fit.

The saddest of sad parts of all of this is that the people will allow themselves to be directed like mindless drones. They will basically indirectly take their instructions from the media and do what the government wishes them to do.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
reply to post by Aleister

For all intents and purposes, the people in England do get their news spoon fed to them from the government - the BBC =

The BBC is a semi-autonomous public service broadcaster that operates under a Royal Charter and a Licence and Agreement from the Home Secretary. Within the United Kingdom its work is funded principally by an annual television licence fee, which is charged to all British households, companies and organisations using any type of equipment to receive live television broadcasts; the level of the fee is set annually by the British Government and agreed by Parliament.

The BBC is like PBS on steroids.

Nobody I know watches the BBC, not even their websites. For whatever reason, they just love the color red, because the advertising agencies tell them it's a strong aggressive color. That's a dead giveaway as to what their priorities are now.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Putin already has RT he doesn't need the state run news service.He's been doing consolidating power since he 1st was elected.I agree with the others posters who have said the only difference is at least he's more open about it then the US media.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I am frankly waiting for Obama to start doing the exact same thing.

Seems like one of the first things done these days during a full-on power grab.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Can't bash America in this thread. No one cares. Move along nothing to see here becuz Murica is da Debil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join