It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jericho fell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
At the end of Deuteronomy and the beginning of Joshua, we learn that Moses died just before his successor, Joshua crossed Jordan and came to Jericho. First on the list of Joshua was to destroy the city of Jericho, and the first thing he did in that matter was to send spies into the city to inspect the weak spots in the city wall (Joshua 2).

Joshuah then summoned all of the Hebrews and started circling the city to create a stir, resulting in the Jerichans storming up on top the city wall to watch what was happening creating all the fuzz, following the Hebrews round as they circled the city blowing in horns shouting and singing, displaying the gold ark and as they did this more and more people gathered on the city walls. The seventh day they circled the city, not one, but seven times, and after the seventh round, all of Israel cried massively together and this made such a stir and gathered so many people at the weakest spots in the wall that the wall fell and the Israelites could enter the city (Joshua 6) to kill everyone inside and confiscate all of value. No magic or God needed, spies and a bit of showmanship would be enough it seems. "The oldest city in the world" also had "the oldest city walls in the world".
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Clearup

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added last sentence

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

who knows the truth today? if in the future 2000+ years from now some archeologist dig up news source from MSM then i think that the people of the future have no F~~~~~G chance to find out the truth what was really F#####G going on today! just my opinion

edit on 9-12-2013 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Indeed. Or what would future archaeologists think when they dig up graves from our time, finding various silicon implants? "The jellyfish was sacred among people in 2000 AD. So sacred that women were often buried with two artificial jellyfish covering their hearts...."

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

interesting logic U have. but U are just joking now. i am not! where are U from? or what believe system do U follow? it ma explain a lot

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
by the way i was in Jericho. not much to see there today cos of Israeli occupation of the land. for some reason there is not much to see in one of the oldest city. i think there is reason for it. the reason is Israel....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Religion is one of my all time favorite subjects, though I am not very religious myself. Science is my religion I suppose. Had a short period during the nineties where I "saw the light" while working on a math problem. I interpreted this light as God and started studying the Bible and similar texts to find out more. A few years later I understood that the real truths in those books are hidden made known only to their initiates and the mystery schools connected to those ancient belief systems. So, nah, Truth is my king and Light is my God.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ZakOlongapo
by the way i was in Jericho. not much to see there today cos of Israeli occupation of the land. for some reason there is not much to see in one of the oldest city. i think there is reason for it. the reason is Israel....

If Jesus was born today, his parent wouldn't have managed to enter Bethlehem or flee for Egypt for that matter. The wall would stop them anywhere they'd turn. Something to concider.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Jesus is creation! story about Jesus (or what ever other name people like to use) start to be known and important many years after this imaginary guy use to live... someone have agenda.
i know i will go to hell

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You left out the best part of that story, the bit where the spies spent 3 days in a brothel.

Saucy reading if you can get your hands on an uncensored version of the bible

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No God needed? Who told them to do it?
They didn't come up with the idea themselves as no one would have ever imagined resonance as a weapon.

Think deeper before you make a fool of your own words.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I always imagined the infamous "Ark" releasing some sort of 'Sonic' effect and it by itself or somehow amplifying the noise the people were making.

Vibrated the wall to pieces...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hello Utnapisjtim...
I watched a tv programme about this....Jericho was destroyed by earthquakes...the whole area is a fault line,even to-day there are a number of tremors every year...

the same programme looked at what happened to Sodom and Gamorhra.....same thing....

the whole area is sitting ontop of gas and oil fields ....now add an earthquake and you have a potential air-fuel bomb.....all you need is 1 cooking fire to light this mixture and.....karboom.

it made more sense to me than any story from the old testament...a natural cause and a bad place to live...s@#t happens....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I sense some sort of bias against the Bible in your posts...as if you're willing to accept any explanation for miraculous events other than divine intervention. Is it impossible for a God that encrypted the golden ratio into every corner of existence to part a sea, or collapse a city? Did He exaust all of His power in the creation of the Universe? If He exists, would He not make Himself known to us in some way other than fleeting mathematical coinsidences?

While I deeply respect your intellectual capacity, I find this thread to be void of substacial evidence and more of a religious mud sling than out of the box thinking.
edit on 9-12-2013 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
You left out the best part of that story, the bit where the spies spent 3 days in a brothel.

They do that today, too. You want to find an Agency type or SOCOM operator, wait around the skankiest strip joint in town. See also: Rick's Lounge.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

MadMax9

No God needed? Who told them to do it?
They didn't come up with the idea themselves as no one would have ever imagined resonance as a weapon.

Think deeper before you make a fool of your own words.

"Resonance" didn't drop a stone wall with a ram's horn. The area is known for frequent earthquakes. And you've also got the bit about the Jordan River stopping flowing just before the wall fell, which is not unusual for the leadup to a Rift valley type of quake.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
the Ark contained the word of God... the walls and the city represent something else but I won't go into that

this post is in the wrong section... it should be in the Metaphysics

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Hehe, yes, they stayed with Rahab a prostitute. Rahab is also a nickname for Egypt BTW.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
it makes me laugh watching people spent their lives digging in dirt to see how other people long time ago lived or debate what was going on thousands of years ago .

i spent years reading about other civilizations when i was young now i do not give a dam i am living in the here and now i never think more than a week ahead what is the point do you want to rebuild the walls of jerico .

whether they used the drums and horns to weaken the walls like tibetan buddists have been seen doing levitating stone or a earthquake brought them down i got the care factor of 0 my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

I sense some sort of bias against the Bible in your posts...as if you're willing to accept any explanation for miraculous events other than divine intervention.

Yes, and you are partly correct. The Bible is an interesting document, but it is just that, interesting. Using traditional Jewish Midraistic rhetorics I can explain washing my hands as being commanded by God and how he speaks to me through the water magically cleansing my hands so they don't need a washing for another year. If I wrote it in a book about this and waited 2000 years people like you and me would discuss exactly what God said and how my water would be holy and miraculous, and others would simply explain it as rhetorics. If you explain hearing God's voice commanding you to destroy cities, let's say to your GP, you would get quite a nasty diagnosis and be locked up at a psych ward no less. I believe God is a rational being.

Is it impossible for a God that encrypted the golden ratio into every corner of existence to part a sea, or collapse a city? Did He exaust all of His power in the creation of the Universe? If He exists, would He not make Himself known to us in some way other than fleeting mathematical coinsidences?

God creates, we meet him in Genesis 1. The Jahveh-god of the Genesis 2+++ is a mod at Facebook. An angry and jealous Canaanite tribal god the Jews called their own.

While I deeply respect your intellectual capacity, I find this thread to be void of substacial evidence and more of a religious mud sling than out of the box thinking.
edit on 9-12-2013 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

Fair enough. I on my hand, see all other explanations as to be "void of substancial evidence". Have to go....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

tri-lobe-1

Hello Utnapisjtim...
I watched a tv programme about this....Jericho was destroyed by earthquakes...the whole area is a fault line,even to-day there are a number of tremors every year...

And that's a plausible explanation, but since we still today are unable to forsee earthquakes, let alone produce them, we are back to square one. To me this you mentin is just further evidence that the city wall was and had been under heavy stress for a long time and just waited to fall down given the "right" circumstances. Think about it 50,000 people stuffed together at the weakest part of the wall....

the same programme looked at what happened to Sodom and Gamorhra.....same thing....

the whole area is sitting ontop of gas and oil fields ....now add an earthquake and you have a potential air-fuel bomb.....all you need is 1 cooking fire to light this mixture and.....karboom.

And that was supposed to be my next thread. The Bible explains how below Sodom and Gomorrah, Adma and Zeboyim-- the whole area-- there were tar pits (or as KJV wants it, 'slimepits'), basically petroleum deposits, and like you said it was a simple feat to light it and make the whole place go boom.

new topics

top topics

join