It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escape from Christian Fundamentalism - the Kids Who Flee Abusive, Isolated Christian Homes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

followers and freethinkers... but there is only one Truth which is the definition of morality.

one would have to create the universe from nothing to be able to make an apple pie from scratch!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Any religious teaching to kids should include as many as possible, then the Child can make up his/her own mind.

Exactly.
It's not much different than teaching geography....a kid can learn about ALL the places in the world, and choose what sort of climate/location they'd like to live in. The Desert? The Mountains? Seaside? Jungle? Big City? Small town? China? Singapore? Australia? Afghanistan?

It is up to the individual to decide these things.

edit on 12/9/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

actually there are only 3 different takes on all the same Truth.

atheism is a no contest... we're way beyond that now, it didn't work, tried and failed.

Atheism is Hedonism and Anarchy

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

This thread is not about Atheism. Keep your tirade and ignorant claims about atheists contained to your thread, please.

No one here has said one word about Atheism.

edit on 12/9/13 by wildtimes because: contained "in"? or contained "to"? idk

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's not the insult that irritates me. It's your consistent lack of ability to make a decent point that irritates me. If you're going to post, then make it worth our while to read it. Critique me and critique me effectively. Anything less is just petulance.

And Wild raises an excellent point. Atheism is NOT the topic here.
edit on 9-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Morality is subjective, just like theism is subjective. But I recommend you start a new thread on the matter if you really want to debate me.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
so everything can be about Christianity but not about other stuff like atheism?

that's a little biased... non-equality!

for atheism is a just shoot on a twig on the tree which hasn't brought forth good fruit...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Love to know where I mentioned it in this thread...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Never mind. Keep it on topic.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey guys, I appreciate your support. Let's not let the thread be derailed...
I've already alerted twice.

Thanks, though!!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

followers and freethinkers... but there is only one Truth which is the definition of morality.

one would have to create the universe from nothing to be able to make an apple pie from scratch!

The above in complete and total gibberish.
It's reads like someone pasted something into Google Translate, converted it to Korean, then that result to Russian, then that result to Italian, then that result to Gaelic, then that result to Arabic, and then that result back to English.

It's like every word individually is English, but, altogether it's nonsense.

As far as "Truth" and "Morality" go; they are NOT one and the same.

To remediate this misunderstanding in very elementary Philosophy, I strongly recommend doing some reading:
800 FREE Online Courses from Top Universities
Due an obvious absence of tutuoring in this area, I would suggest starting with"
A Romp Through Ethics for Complete Beginners
As well as
Aristotle - Ethics
Correcting this deficiency will also be ameliorated by
General Philosophy
though, there's Philosophy for Beginners, Introduction to Philosophy, Philosophy and Human Values, as well as many others under the Philosophy section heading that will give adequate insight into the nature of "Truth", the definition of "Morality", and other such sticky issues which have been discussed at great length and documented longer than the existence of Christianity.

For a primer on "Truth" alone:
TRUTH

Truth is one of the central subjects in philosophy. It is also one of the largest. Truth has been a topic of discussion in its own right for thousands of years. Moreover, a huge variety of issues in philosophy relate to truth, either by relying on theses about truth, or implying theses about truth.

It would be impossible to survey all there is to say about truth in any coherent way. Instead, this essay will concentrate on the main themes in the study of truth in the contemporary philosophical literature. It will attempt to survey the key problems and theories of current interest, and show how they relate to one-another. A number of other entries investigate many of these topics in greater depth. Generally, discussion of the principal arguments is left to them. The goal of this essay is only to provide an overview of the current Theories. Many of the papers mentioned in this essay can be found in the anthologies edited by Blackburn and Simmons (1999) and Lynch (2001b). There are also a number of book-length surveys of the topics discussed here, including Burgess and Burgess (2011), Kirkham (1992), and Künne (2003).

The problem of truth is in a way easy to state: what truths are, and what (if anything) makes them true. But this simple statement masks a great deal of controversy. Whether there is a metaphysical problem of truth at all, and if there is, what kind of theory might address it, are all standing issues in the theory of truth. We will see a number of distinct ways of answering these questions

For a primer on Morality

The term “morality” can be used either

descriptively to refer to some codes of conduct put forward by a society or,
some other group, such as a religion, or
accepted by an individual for her own behavior or
normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

In essence, and in short, Truth, and Morality are a little more complicated than an uneducated person might have facility for comprehension.

Disclaimer: none of this is meant to be insulting to anyone. This is helpful information given freely in hopes of helping anyone and everyone interested in knowing the natures of Truth, and Morality as they've been discussed for thousands of years.

edit on 12/9/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

(post by lonewolf19792000 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

if my hand was evil... I would cleave it from the limb!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That is sick.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Your head is evil please do the same...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

metaphor my dear... not everyone's cut out for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Your head is evil please do the same...

L...O...V... E... LOVE!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

and who gets to decide which parents are worthy and which parents are not?.....you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join