It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Demand Statue next to Christian Monument in Oklahoma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by SisyphusRide

AfterInfinity
Chaos is just as necessary as order. Chaos allows order to improve itself in the process of transitioning energy. Energy is always changing form, thus chaos. Parameters must be established to lend coherence to the process, thus order. The craziest thing about the universe is that it isn't automatically suicidal. Then again, who is to say the universe isn't failing in slow motion? Maybe we just haven't caught up to it yet. Either way, order is not truth, only part of it.

I think Chaos is the fulcrum of order. The parameters are the other side of the that pivot point. Neg/Pos , evil/good. Chaos never changes its point of view; just has to negotiate the effects of the aforesaid influx. The universe could be failing in slow motion; perhaps its geared for a devastating 'rebirth' that we have NO CONTROL OF. Order is not truth it is just a symptom of what 'could be' pure, the other can be said of 'disorder' pure in nature as well and self evident 'crop failings' pestulant imbalance. Whos to say? Monsanto would know.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's the thing, it isn't a "stalemate" because it isn't a fight.

Let's look at it this way. Here is a metaphor, In binary there is 0 and 1, 0 would represent "OFF" and 1 would represent "ON". There seems to be a battle, either a particular space is "ON" or "OFF", there is either a 1 or a 0 in a particular space. Even though this makes it seem like there is a "battle", there really isn't because they are arranged to create a Bigger Picture. Therefore, there is no stalemate or victory.

If I wanted to write the word "Cycle" in Binary, it would require the "one" and the "zero", the "order" and the "chaos", but the chaos - the zero - the emptiness itself is being used to create an even bigger order (the formation of the word "Cycle").

Here is another way to look at it. A white piece of paper represents "chaos", and the lines that you draw to make a picture represents "order", even though some may look at the picture and say "who's winning" and seeing if there is more "chaos" (blankness) or "order" (lines making up the picture), it's the chaos (blankness) AND the order (lines) that makes up a perfect, complete order (the entire picture).
edit on 17-12-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Which is why I object to calling order "truth". This demeans the value of chaos in the larger picture, and tempts certain minds to eliminate chaos entirely in a bid to establish complete control through order. Unfortunately, this is like making a planet stand still. At some point, something is going to break. And the fallout may be greater than what we can afford.
edit on 17-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

AfterInfinity
Which is why I object to calling order "truth". This demeans the value of chaos in the larger picture, and tempts certain minds to eliminate chaos entirely in a bid to establish complete control through order. Unfortunately, this is like making a planet stand still. At some point, something is going to break. And the fallout may be greater than what we can afford.

I agree, order is not truth (only a concept of STASIS); disorder is truth (chaos pivotpoint) (ACTIONARY upon the static system) in its attempt to continually RE-ORGANISE ITSELF, once it does, entropy lessons (like a rubberband lessoned tension). It must always be about circumstance (or understanding the dire/dramatic CHANGES necessary for GROWTH within the system). Unfortunately this involves states of destruction for a rebirth or new commonalities of insight to occure. Old paradigms destroyed to create the lighter forms of (less heavy muddy and/or intense) overlays that create war, strife, etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

beezzer
If a recognized religion endorses criminal behavior, can it be displayed for everyone, even children?

(and don't EVEN start about past crimes of Christianity! I'm talking about current "today" crimes)

I'm on the fence on this to be honest. Freedom of religion should be applied.

But doesn't Satanism endorse criminal behavior and criminal activities?

Satanism, even in the Lavey era did not promote criminal activites esp against children. Satanist's cherish life like christian's do and use such devil imagery only as a symbol and do not actually think of Satan as a real entity to be worshiped.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So they've completed a design for this Satanic monument...

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. Looks like a fine artistic piece to complement the display they've already established there. I'll be wanting pictures after they're done, that's for sure. Have you guys checked out the tenets this Satanic group promotes? Pretty impressive philosophies they've got going. I recommend some browsing, for those of you who dare to have a peek.

www.thesatanictemple.com...

It should give you some context by which to determine your support or rejection of their inclusion in this whole "monument in honor of" trend.
edit on 7-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
So they've completed a design for this Satanic monument...

Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. Looks like a fine artistic piece to complement the display they've already established there. I'll be wanting pictures after they're done, that's for sure. Have you guys checked out the tenets this Satanic group promotes? Pretty impressive philosophies they've got going. I recommend some browsing, for those of you who dare to have a peek.
www.thesatanictemple.com...

It should give you some context by which to determine your support or rejection of their inclusion in this whole "monument in honor of" trend.

I like the addition of the 'children' in the sculpture; one of the Satanic comandments is: "DO NO HARM TO CHILDREN" (unless chloroformed first). Why is Satan motioning the right handed index and middle fingers (should just be the middle) to heaven? Why is the blanket covering its lap, seems to have a huge (giving birth) protrusion in what I percieve the groin area? (its an obvious goat head redundant). Why does it have well manicured horse hooves instead the 'split cloven goat standard'. Why is there too much Egyptian Iconography borrowed? For visual impact? Thats no goat head; that looks to more alligator combined with a Jackal head; are those supposed to be Batwings that fold and unfold (work) and what is with those horns, those are of the "IMPALA" deer variety. Satan has some grand ideas of itself.
edit on 7-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh man I forgot about this thread. Yeah that is the design they submitted but something tells me that no monuments will become the reality there.

Since this similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Hey the place may become a tourist spot if they stick to the initial ruling. I really want to see a Flying Spaghetti Monster monument.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Oh man I forgot about this thread. Yeah that is the design they submitted but something tells me that no monuments will become the reality there.

Since this similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Hey the place may become a tourist spot if they stick to the initial ruling. I really want to see a Flying Spaghetti Monster monument.

Cast this Satan statue diarama in plaster and duplicate it (LIGHTER as more porous and cheaper than marble) and lease them to County/State Fair traveling carnival/circuses as part of a freak show exhibit (dont know how the money would divey up). Could be the start of a boutique cottage industry including Medusas, Hydras, Reserrection Marys, Harpies, the Titans (in miniature too big to transport full size), Sta-Puff Marshmellow; satans evil twin, and of course Spagetti Bowl Monster. Bramson Missouri could be an alternate permanent location.
edit on 8-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join