It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Demand Statue next to Christian Monument in Oklahoma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AfterInfinity
reply to post by boymonkey74

He was saying unoriginality is a disease.

"non-individualism" - "no individuality"

and we're still off topic
but I figured I owe the honor of explaining myself.
edit on 13-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

No, we're not off topic. We're discussing the merits of expressing opinions that conflict with those of the established authority. I suggested walking around OK waving a rainbow flag as a blatant demonstration of my support for homosexual relationships. It's the same general principle as parking a Satanist monument next to a Christian one - on state grounds, no less.

Your comment was that my suggestion was unoriginal, which really doesn't address the issue. What is wrong with erecting a Satanist monument on state grounds in Oklahoma, and why shouldn't that apply to the Christian monument as well? I was under the impression that federal regulations enforced the separation of church and state, which means that if they can bend the rules in Oklahoma on behalf of the Christians, I think the same courtesy ought to be extended to all religious groups, otherwise it qualifies as discrimination and deserves a legal motion in favor of either instating whatever monument is being pushed for, or the removal of all religious monuments on state grounds, period.

Now that I've made myself clear, let's move forward with the discussion.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

there is no use in addressing flawed rhetoric when one has an unfair advantage and brings down a hammer.

the topic was closed with my response about Law.

and that is more than likely exactly where the court will take it... the satanist need to work on a more flawed state such as California.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I don't think you have the power to close the topic, for which I am grateful. Now if you're finishing exercising your nonexistent authority, let's move ahead with some actual discussion, beginning with the points I raised in my previous post.

Otherwise, you're more than welcome to step aside and let more productive debaters meet my challenge.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't think you have the power to close the topic, for which I am grateful. Now if you're finishing exercising your nonexistent authority, let's move ahead with some actual discussion, beginning with the points I raised in my previous post.

Otherwise, you're more than welcome to step aside and let more productive debaters meet my challenge.

I'm not worried about closing a topic... but it is beyond settled, the Judge has ruled and I'm but a simple man.

Beyond today it is highly unlikely we will share conversation together...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why is that? Are you intent on ignoring me for the remainder of our respective memberships?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

sir/madam

...Merry Christ Mass

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I guess no one cares about the Satanist monument. Put 'er up then!

I CARE! I want to know if Satanists also have or share "A Ten Commandment" commitment. Fair and square; should at least resemble/mirror a Moses MOUNTING of the summit of something somewhere, and beholding a talking burning bush; well something equally dramatic or historically relevent. I would pay to visit this monument (just because of the
"is this legal"? audacity). Would definately set a precident. I have a better idea; Satanists band together, chose a location that had little or no competition, (biblebelt or SaltLakeCity OR right across the street from any local Scientology CLINIC) and with a little fundraising, (raffle ticket sales for specialty items, taxidermy or services donated, 'we flatten tires', or jumble sales of useless chatchki items) build their equivalent of a 'Solomons Temple' for the 'unworthy of heavens admittance'. What would they call it? "Heavens Super Secret Backdoor Labrinth Entrance (right along with the rest of the 'believers of/in faith').
edit on 14-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

© 1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

www.churchofsatan.com...

!!! KILL EM' ALL !!! ...or commit suicide

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How do I sell my soul?

Satanists do not believe in God, Satan, Heaven, or Hell. There are no souls—and nobody to buy them. If you want something out of life, get off your lazy butt and work for it.

www.churchofsatan.com...

~~~~

/Sisyphus scratches head... well hell! that's a real pickle, I'm freakin' confused man

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
How do I sell my soul?

Satanists do not believe in God, Satan, Heaven, or Hell. There are no souls—and nobody to buy them. If you want something out of life, get off your lazy butt and work for it.

www.churchofsatan.com...

~~~~

/Sisyphus scratches head... well hell! that's a real pickle, I'm freakin' confused man

There is a reason the dark angel advances lies.

How trusting some sort of folks are to a well known figure famous for deception.

The more Devil = the more God.

This Satan asserting itself only reinforces and confirms the existence of the Creator.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
SisyphusRide

Not just 10 has to be 11. They should have included two more to equal thirteen (a majical number, those dummies).

SisypusRide
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

You might wind up saving someones life with the Heimlich choaking manouver. You might tell someone it is ill-advised to step on the electricfied 'third rail' of a commuter train.

SisRide
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

"Im about to do something to you (with a potencially very bad outcome)" and make sure they are supplied with earplugs.

Sidride
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If its a booby-trap and sharpened pungie sticks are located at the bottom, definitly avoid falling in.

SisRide
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

If you survive the being impailed aspect of danger someone wants you there as a 'guest', notice if there is a big black caultron of aramatic vegetables boiling and avoid annoying the cleavers/sharp knives or those holding them.

SisRide
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

If they are wearing a sticker saying "HELLO I AM A DATE RAPIST" be advised.

SisRide
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

ITS SOUL OBVIOUSLY.

SisRide
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Only the selfish (selfserving) desires; otherwise you will loose them.

SisRide
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Graft, Sloth, Vanity, Glutony, Pride, Lust....

Sisride
9. Do not harm little children.

Unless you have chloroformed them first.

SisRide
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

Only kill the human ones and cook them through completely until at a 160 degree heat temperature. Do not keep live bears or lions in your house as pets.

SisRide
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

DO NOT FORGET to take your 'invisibility cloak' with you when walking in these wild "open" territories. The human will not see you so no need to expend the necessary energy (you will need to continue to fuel your fears).

edit on 15-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Charlatans... nothing more.

I guess well just have to "buy the book" (it's something Richard Dawkins always says) if we want to find out this particular deceased LaVey's take on truth?

I'm not buying it

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
How do I sell my soul?
www.churchofsatan.com...Sisyphus scratches head... well hell! that's a real pickle, I'm freakin' confused man

They believe in a singular physical existance on earth as a human ONLY within its/their timeframe No afterlife, no return. True tenents of this are all in (dedicated to Self-Service) as far as "get what you can gain within a human lifespan" its your only one chance or stab at success, riches thus equal happiness. Its entirely negative thinking to any positive and Id believe it if it were in 'perfect' balance in its ideology; but it is not; as so flawed and corrupt to be laughable (just like the major religions) niether work.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"The very thing that is now called the Christian religion was not wanting among the ancients from the beginning of the human race, until Christ came in the flesh, after which the true religion, which had already existed, began to be called “Christian"

-St Augustine

Human eh?

...I'm workin' on it

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
SisyphusRide

SisypusRide
"The very thing that is now called the Christian religion was not wanting among the ancients from the beginning of the human race, until Christ came in the flesh, after which the true religion, which had already existed, began to be called “Christian"-St Augustine
Human eh?
...I'm workin' on it

A different form of worship. One that was to be mono-theistic instead of pagan. Atun vs Amun. Enlil vs Enki. Does it ever end. Demi-God manipulators are quelled with another response; there is a bigger greater creator (the human as ITS expression in numbers alone should be the individual identifiers of Gods existance; think cells within a bodyform).

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Mathematics proves the existence of truth but nothing more currently... but truth is not atrophy nor chaos.

truth is order

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Chaos is just as necessary as order. Chaos allows order to improve itself in the process of transitioning energy. Energy is always changing form, thus chaos. Parameters must be established to lend coherence to the process, thus order. The craziest thing about the universe is that it isn't automatically suicidal. Then again, who is to say the universe isn't failing in slow motion? Maybe we just haven't caught up to it yet. Either way, order is not truth, only part of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If The Universe has an Order but sometimes allow Chaos, that would mean that Chaos is a part of The Bigger Picture as well. The Bigger Picture is the whole pattern of Chaos and Order to sustain itself, but a "pattern" in and of itself is a form of Order, therefore Order is The Truth.
edit on 16-12-2013 by arpgme because: more detail was needed

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

arpgme

If The Universe has an Order but sometimes allow Chaos, that would mean that Chaos is a part of The Bigger Picture as well. The Bigger Picture is the whole pattern of Chaos and Order to sustain itself, but a "pattern" in and of itself is a form of Order, therefore Order is The Truth.
edit on 16-12-2013 by arpgme because: more detail was needed

An intriguing statement. I had to take a moment and reflect on it. It's not that I disagree; it's that your statement seems to ignore the entropic nature of the fabric through which said order manifests. With the passage of energy comes the degradation of matter, which requires that order is always engaged in a game of give-and-take with chaos. In short, I feel you give chaos far less credit than it deserves. Quite frankly, chaos and order open the door for each other. Without chaos, there's only a certain point to which order can achieve what its nature calls for before it runs out of moves to make. One should be careful to not mistake a stalemate for victory.
edit on 16-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
it has been fun to read the last 6 pages people that is why i keep coming to ats adult conversation without all the fing and blinding at each other unlike other sites on the net .

do i think they should be able to erect a statue hell yes have they hurt anybody ? .
it would keep someone in a job plus good for tourism .

and you could always dress it up
never let the other side win traffic cone for a hat pair of suspenders etc if you cannot laugh dont cry thats my 2pennies

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join