It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Demand Statue next to Christian Monument in Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The kind of response I've come to expect from you -- you can't actually refute or argue against the fact that religious tests are unenforceable under the Constitution of the United States, so you post a non-sequitur.

The context of what you posted would at best be applied to the Second Amendment, not the First or Fourteenth. As someone who believes in exercising as many of his Constitutional rights as possible, I'm a gun owner.

Or do you consider the unConstitutional religious tests to be a weapon? If so, against who? And if you're willing to use a weapon that goes against the wishes of the Founding Fathers, then aren't you really the enemy of the United States and what it stands for... not atheists?

Are you trolling or are you just not bright enough to consider what you're saying before you type it?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What "criminal behaviour" does the Church of Satan endorse?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Since Satanism is the antithesis of Christianity, and Judeo-Christian tenets are the foundations of many of our current laws, I assumed that Satanism would be the antithesis of our current laws.

To be honest, I don't know diddly about Satanism. I consider it at the same level as scrotum piercing.

Things I don't know about, nor care to learn.

But since members on this site are versed in Satanism, perhaps they can elucidate.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe you should do some research into the matter before making assumptions like that. You know, in the spirit of denying ignorance.
edit on 9/12/2013 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

iterationzero
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe you should do some research into the matter before making assumptions like that. You know, in the spirit of denying ignorance.
edit on 9/12/2013 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

It's why I asked the question in my initial post.

*touchy*

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Last post on page 1, you were answered.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Okay, saw it. Thanks winword.

*laughing*

If they embody the standards of todays politicians, then I'd say yes, they are immoral law-breakers!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

iterationzero

The kind of response I've come to expect from you -- you can't actually refute or argue against the fact that religious tests are unenforceable under the Constitution of the United States, so you post a non-sequitur.

ok rephrase and I will play...

I was just scouting anyone so I'd have a chance to post that image...

So what the hell are you on about? cause I didn't even read that post

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Kali74
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Kali74
It doesn't matter if you think it's sick or not. Satanism is a recognized religion and if one religion can be represented outside the Oklahoma Supreme Court than others can be as well.

It is? Whos ITS Pope, what are the cannons, where is the eye to eye witness scripture to describe Satans deeds/how he walked this earth with abandon. No smidgion of history to back it (other than some Hierononmous Bosch paintings depicting hell) going back to say only 6000 years? Tell me what ancient cultures civilizations have "WORSHIPED" Satan and proclaimed as much as to have a leader and 'named and published disciples', A new testament of sorts; A BOOK (other than Mein Kampf) that should would be within all library catalogs 'this is Satanism one of the four majors, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism. Atheism is AT LEAST recognised as a 'reactionary legalistic term' for a belief system. Satanism, no churches in my area as to be seen unless invisible (or existing diabolically within secret basements of existing edifaces; starting with Vatican City/St.Peters).

edit on 9-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

and Judeo-Christian tenets are the foundations of many of our current laws

What laws would those be and how exactly are they Judeo-Christian vs. any other society?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

It wasn't up to me to make it a recognized religion.

link   

Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

and Judeo-Christian tenets are the foundations of many of our current laws

What laws would those be and how exactly are they Judeo-Christian vs. any other society?

it's called "the west" or "western civilization" or "Christendom"

you should read all about it sometime... education IS the key to denying ignorance.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Check out the video in the other thread, it explains alot.

My understanding of Satanism comes exclusively from youtube lol.
On 1 hand we have the religious nuts talking about human sacrifice etc etc and then the video with 2 actual Satanists. The way they describe it seems very benign yet in many ways it is the opposite of Christianity.

Christianity is all about self sacrifice and charity, Satanism is all about the self and ego.
Basically looking after you and your own and letting the rest of the world take care of itself.

I dont really describe it well so I would recommend the vid, check it out
edit on 9/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The Christian foundations of the rule of law in the West: a legacy of liberty and resistance against tyranny

Abstract

According to the tradition of the rule of law in the West, to be under law presupposes the existence of certain laws serving as an effective check on arbitrary power. The rule of law is therefore far more than the mere existence of positive laws, as it also requires the state to act in accordance with principles of a ‘higher law’. The search for such ‘higher law’ implies, however, a moral discussion on what laws ought to be. If so, the rule of law becomes an impracticable and even undesirable achievement for societies not subject to certain patterns of cultural and religious behaviour. On the other hand, any radical change in such patterns can certainly produce undesirable consequences for the realization of the rule of law.

creation.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Kali74

Yes they get tax free status as well.

And what exactly are they writing off, not the collection of souls per thousand or the inability to collect souls (just good business if in the red). You are saying that there are Satanist churches that get tax free domaine; that would be SCIENTOLOGISTS (should have stated this in the first place).

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by vethumanbeing

It wasn't up to me to make it a recognized religion.

Um hum but it IS UP TO YOU TO report upon it (I see you dodge replies to your statements with one liners, a Satan designated restricted twitter account 120 characters).
edit on 9-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

Kali74

Yes they get tax free status as well.

And what exactly are they writing off, not the collection of souls per thousand or the inability to collect souls (just good business if in the red). You are saying that there are Satanist churches that get tax free domaine; that would be SCIENTOLOGISTS (should have stated this in the first place).

They're probably all lawyers or Lobbyists.

Or. . . . or. . . . . *gulp*. . . . . . . clowns.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

ok rephrase and I will play...

I was just scouting anyone so I'd have a chance to post that image...

So what the hell are you on about? cause I didn't even read that post

Thank you for finally identifying yourself as a troll who has zero respect for this site or its principles.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Creation.com? Really?

According to the tradition of the rule of law in the West, to be under law presupposes the existence of certain laws serving as an effective check on arbitrary power. The rule of law is therefore far more than the mere existence of positive laws, as it also requires the state to act in accordance with principles of a ‘higher law’.

Nope.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Western tradition was borne from a desire to break the bands of political and religious oppression. The American government was created to proclaim and to protect "certain inalienable rights", endowed by a "creator", at the consent of the governed.

There was never an attempt, on the part of the founding fathers, to dictate laws (which inhertently restrict rights) or to govern in accordance with a biblical lawgiver.

edit on 9-12-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So you don't believe that our society, our civilization has any Judeo-Christian foundations?

Ok.

Not something I can really one-line about.

Will dwelve further. . . .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join