It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout "Game" Backfires, Woman Attacked- What Is Going On With Our Society???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

i cant seem to stay away.
i was actually getting the internet tough guy vibe from you and others.
i was thinking i was the opposite. people felt they should talk about what weapons they carry on them and how they would handle the situation so i felt i should do the same.
i wasnt bragging about anything. i dont understand why you feel you need to question me.
i didnt say i am amazing or anything of the sort.
people felt the need to qualify themselves by letting me know they carry weapons or two weapons plus a blade.
i simply did the same.

as for your questioning me
i started training when i was in elementary school. i wrestled all through school. i added other things to that during that time and after school.
since i have to defend everything i say i got the calculator out. its probably more like 15,000 hours.
im not trying to talk tough. im not a bad ass and never said i was.
people felt the need to say why they carry a gun and what they would do so i felt the need to say why i dont carry a gun.
it would make me very nervous and you are correct about 1 thing. i do not have any experience with guns
also, peoples definition of 'true violence' differs... but i do not like violence.
not many positive positive things can come from any sort of violence.
agreed upon, regulated violence is another store.

if your definition of true violence is out there banging it out on the streets then again, you are correct. i have no experience with that. it is something i have always tried to avoid and i have done a good job in my almost 40 years.
i dont drink. i dont do the bar scene. i dont dig large crowds. honestly i dont like being around people.
hell man, 9 months ago before my hand got ripped up all i did was work. i was in bed most nights by 8pm.
i guess i am big on avoidance.
not a tough guy and no amazing training. lots of people do what i did and a lot more.
i had plans for it. just didnt work out that way
edit on 11-12-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Take it easy hot shot. I thought it was the game when I first saw it, but couldn't be 100% sure. No need to be an @$$.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

This thread is a waste of time now for sure. Perhaps mods can close it?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I can't wait to see one of these asses get shot...dead. All idiots like this only understand the same they dish out, violence. And it will be their families up in arms over someone defending themselves. No remorse from me...a simple gene pool correction.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

I think you are missing the point cardiff and everyone is getting too defensive and argumentative to see all sides because on several occasions you almost serm attacking people ability to defend themselves.

The fact is this "game" has resulted in many deaths already. This is not a one slap or one punch thing normally. If anyone finds themself in this situation they have to assume their life is in danger. You even said the punishment should fit the crime. Having said that, especially for those more frail, you should use any means possible up to and including shooting the attacker if you have a gun to defend yourself.

Once it is over though, if everyone survived I agree no one should deliberately try to kill the attacker that may just have been a stupid kid. Ideally the attacker and all friends would have been beaten bloidy before cops show. If the attacker got himself killed he only has himself to blame.

They generally dont go after people that can defend themselves so for some people having a weapon is the ONLY way they could possibly defend themselves.

We need to watch out for each other though and be willing yo jump in to ddfend others. A few really good beatings or even a few attacker deaths and this will be over.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would like to watch a video of them trying this on an MMA or UFC fighter. Wouldn't that be hilarious? lol I guess that's why most of them target little old ladies, women and children. I just can't believe how this country has changed from when I was little. It's like peace is not allowed anymore, and truth is traded for lies and widely accepted. I shake my head everyday. I fear for my kids. I fear for the future. My back's against the wall.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

You're in the minority but you're not wrong.
Carrying a knife, gun,tazer or whatever weaponry people choose will not help in the knockout game situation.
In the same way that martial arts training wouldn't help if you got sucker punched.
The only thing to do is keep your wits about you and be aware of your surroundings.

And you're right, killing people for punching people is extremely excessive but it's the OTT, gung-ho, American way sadly. All badass, cowboys and gangsters, straight out of a movie, ready to rip out a throat or shoot a gang single-handedly or knife some assailant before he has a chance.
They're deluded mate.

Just be thankful you don't live there and have to walk around the streets with these weapon carrying maniacs and their itchy trigger fingers

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

For as much as that is a movie line, there is a lot of truth in that statement. when an animal sees an amount of ferocity that is unanticipated, it goes to look for weaker prey. There is a very good reason that 200-400 pound bears DO NOT try to eat 40-50 pound wolverines. THEY KNOW BETTER. Wolverines are the overly tetosteroned nut case of the animal kingdom.(God bless 'em)
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

Swear to GOD, the best quote on ATS today by any member.

You Sir, are a word smith.

You are the anti diet coke, 1 star just wasnt enough for your post, true words of wisdom, spoken with a poise and grace most of us couldnt touch if you threw it at us.

BRAVO Sir, BRAVO!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

ExquisitExamplE

DisgruntledPatriot
For my part, I will ALWAYS choose to carry my regular weapons, two colt 1911's and a knife large enough and thick enough that I can use the back and sides as impact devices, if the situation allows it. I always use the most important weapon first, however, and that is my MIND. I stay away from areas that are predominantly black, unless I have no choice by virtue of business or travel. I keep away from large groups(three or more) of black people, and I always watch my immediate surroundings.

I hope you can appreciate how jaded and downright racist this comes off as. I'm sure such precautions are necessary for you, being that your belief systems are set in such a way that you're likely to encounter some type of unsavory situations involving black people because you're convinced that they're criminals. Some are. The important thing to note is the reality you experience is a direct reflection of your belief systems; you get back what you put out. The way you believe society and people are will continually manifest in those types of ways, and you'll generally get what you expect. As above, so below and so forth.

I think you are quite misinformed here, there is a reason most of the prison system id full of blacks, and it isnt "racism" related.

The worst neighborhoods or "hoods" as they are called, are all predominately black, this doesnt mean "african Americans" are all bad.

It means there is a cancer at the very heart of the black community at large that "they" need to address. I say "they", because only "they" can fix it.

They need to have fathers in sons lives, they to graduate highschool, they need to stop worshipping and living the "gangster gangster" life style perpetrated in almost all of their media.

Only the black community can address and correct this situation, but they dont want to, and will not do so, as it seems to many, they are quite happy with the way it is going.

I like plenty of black people, I am close friends with 2 black police officers, several black security guards, a few black fast food workers, and many from "the hood".

They all share one thing in common though, they all have the sense that GOD gave them, none of them would watch this crap go on and not stop it, just like everyone else I would call a friend.

Black White Latino Asian, none of that actually matters, only the lifestyle you live matters. The sad fact is, most of the folks in this Great country of ours living a messed the F up lifestyle are predominately black.

If that simple and easy to see fact escapes you, you must be blind, not to put to fine a point on the matter

In closing, it is not "racist" to point out facts, it is pure ignorance to ignore them...........just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This "Knockout Game" has proven one thing...

The musical 'Avenue Q' was spot-on when they said that "Racism has never been exclusively white".

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

"Don't tell me this, tell the white people in here behaving as if they haven't been playing the knock out game with black people for 300 years!"

^^^

That is your quote...I think we all see where your coming from now.

I have never played "knock out" to black people, nor have my Irish ancestors.

We were treated worse in the past than blacks ever were, the difference is, we act right, and dont use past atrocities that we, here in the present, never suffered, as a crutch to prop up current bad behavior, here now in the present.

No black alive today was ever a slave in America, not one. Everything that blacks do today is by their own hands, not any others.

Over 40,000 "white" people died in one battle in America, to ensure the freedom of blacks.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL RACISTS,ANY MORE THAN ALL BLACKS ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!!

Paint with a wide racist brush much Picaso?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Never said, and never will say black people are owed anything! I wouldn't ask for anything! We will take what we want and our just due!

Blacks had more rights.....FOH! We still don't have the equality of other races in this country.

For the record....ehem....Blacks were slaves, or "property", they had actual value.

Irish....well, they were free.

The irish are probably the most abused race in the history of man, the Jews have a dog in the fight as well.
Blacks?....LOL, your not even close to the first to be enslaved, the longest to be enslaved, or the worst treated slaves on the planet.

Get a place in line, wait you were enslaving yourselves, and selling your own to "the white man" to bring to America, NVM, sounds like it was your own fault then huh?

I want you to "come and take" what I got, want my address?

I live in Wichita Falls Texas, on the east side, the "black side".

Only problems I have ever had here are from the "crack heads" this includes meth heroin...etc

They dont like me calling them crack heads, and telling them they better "back the F up", I do not and will not take their crap EVER!!!!!

BTW, they are white black mexican asian and any other race I missed.

It is a lifestyle problem that we have here, not a race problem.

About time all you "race baiter" types realized that.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That first video you posted literally made my day. God forbid someone tried to pull that s#!t while I was walking with my girlfriend, it would end the same way! No need for a gun, just a good, old-fashioned, jaw rocking!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

suz62

DZAG Wright

webedoomed

hmmmm, well it has dipped over the last 30 years overall, but has seen a bit of a resurgence in the last couple of years.

links

not sure I agree with your assessment.

Do a quick search and compare the 90's with now, crime is WAY down. For instance Chicago, we're making a fuss now when the murders were 3x what they are now in the 90's.

The private prisons aren't making money and need our electees to make more laws creating more criminals...

Crime rates have not declined. The government has reclassified certain crimes to minimize the impact of the statistics.

Well you said it yourself, "certain crimes". I'm referring to murders.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The camera work was so bad I hardly call it a video at all, let alone the "knockout game."

I love how when anyone gets hit now they call it the knockout game...sigh.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bundy

DZAG I don't forget what my people did in the past, or continue to do to this day. It makes me sick. That said, i don't have anything to do with it. I've never used the N word and i don't associate with those who do. I may be white but i feel that i can take no responsibility for what other white people do. It's like saying all arabs should apologize for something Sadaam Hussein did. Or all germans for hitler. I cant or feel responsible for something i know ive never done and would not take part in. I think racist people are stupid as hell, cant say ive ever met one that had much going on upstairs.

I may have had an ancestor or 2 that participated in slavery and lynchings and whatever else, in fact its more than likely. I'm just glad that at least I've came along ways from that, and will pass none of it down my line any farther.

Edit: @ scope and a beam, yeah we're all gonna have a rumble later too, you know, greaser style. Wanna join?
edit on 10-12-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

And this is all that need be the attitude. At least you aren't others in this thread and all over the internet who pretend as if they have no idea why the black culture seems effed up.

If I raise a child from infancy to adulthood, and I abuse this child severely, how STUPID would I look acting bewildered when that child displays signs of aggression? This is what the racist or misinformed in white America are doing.

Yes, some children can and will over come abuse and I guess.......just lock it away in some corner of their mind. But other children will display the scarring.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

webedoomed

I did.

Provided you two links.

After the first you changed the goal post away from crime rate, to incarceration rate.

So I provided a link for it.

Now you're poo-pooing the source.

There's something at the bottom, called references...

You have zero credibility in my eyes, kid.

I may be older than you.

I never mention incarceration rates...your link did. I said crime is down and your LINK was about incarceration rates!

So take your "no credibility in my eyes" statement to someone who would care.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

What do you mean racism is not the reason there are more blacks in prison than anyone else? Are you sure bout that.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

oblvion

"Don't tell me this, tell the white people in here behaving as if they haven't been playing the knock out game with black people for 300 years!"

^^^

That is your quote...I think we all see where your coming from now.

I have never played "knock out" to black people, nor have my Irish ancestors.

We were treated worse in the past than blacks ever were, the difference is, we act right, and dont use past atrocities that we, here in the present, never suffered, as a crutch to prop up current bad behavior, here now in the present.

No black alive today was ever a slave in America, not one. Everything that blacks do today is by their own hands, not any others.

Over 40,000 "white" people died in one battle in America, to ensure the freedom of blacks.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL RACISTS,ANY MORE THAN ALL BLACKS ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!!

Paint with a wide racist brush much Picaso?

I have to CHECK YOU before someone reads the garbage you just typed and believes it!!!

This:

Are you so uneducated or blind that you ACTUALLY think the war was to free black people?

Irish could never be treated worst than blacks for the simple fact that you can blend in rather easily. Common sense. And to give you more on your history, Irish were the first chosen to be police in those days. That's why there was a stereotype that all police were Irish for so long.

White America told your ancestors to "Get on this hate black train and we will let you be the ones to help us police them, just remember to breed light".

The country is still racist, though it is passive aggression instead of using force.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you aren't willing to look at FBI compiled crime rates and see who actually commit more crimes per capita, then there is no sense in talking to you.

All you want to do is preach your hate and racism against whites - blaming them for everything and taking no accountability. That too is racism.

Racism is what is shouted when you have no actual facts or figures to back up what you are saying - the problem that you are running into in this thread is that people aren't simply shutting up or going away when they hear the word racism... Instead, people are standing up to the BS allegations and supporting their arguments with facts and figures.

You could learn something from this if you would actually open your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join