It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout "Game" Backfires, Woman Attacked- What Is Going On With Our Society???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All the world's tough guys have somehow met in this one thread. Amazing.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Scope and a Beam

it would appear the world's angriest guys have anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

DZAG Wright

webedoomed
reply to post by DZAG Wright

hmmmm, well it has dipped over the last 30 years overall, but has seen a bit of a resurgence in the last couple of years.

links

not sure I agree with your assessment.

Do a quick search and compare the 90's with now, crime is WAY down. For instance Chicago, we're making a fuss now when the murders were 3x what they are now in the 90's.

The private prisons aren't making money and need our electees to make more laws creating more criminals...

Crime rates have not declined. The government has reclassified certain crimes to minimize the impact of the statistics.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

DZAG I don't forget what my people did in the past, or continue to do to this day. It makes me sick. That said, i don't have anything to do with it. I've never used the N word and i don't associate with those who do. I may be white but i feel that i can take no responsibility for what other white people do. It's like saying all arabs should apologize for something Sadaam Hussein did. Or all germans for hitler. I cant or feel responsible for something i know ive never done and would not take part in. I think racist people are stupid as hell, cant say ive ever met one that had much going on upstairs.

I may have had an ancestor or 2 that participated in slavery and lynchings and whatever else, in fact its more than likely. I'm just glad that at least I've came along ways from that, and will pass none of it down my line any farther.

Edit: @ scope and a beam, yeah we're all gonna have a rumble later too, you know, greaser style. Wanna join?
edit on 10-12-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

DisgruntledPatriot
reply to post by CardiffGiant

For my part, I will ALWAYS choose to carry my regular weapons, two colt 1911's and a knife large enough and thick enough that I can use the back and sides as impact devices, if the situation allows it. I always use the most important weapon first, however, and that is my MIND. I stay away from areas that are predominantly black, unless I have no choice by virtue of business or travel. I keep away from large groups(three or more) of black people, and I always watch my immediate surroundings. If I am accosted, however, that means that if I am knocked out or killed that I have potentially just armed three criminals, and I will NOT allow that to happen.

you sure did make a lot of assumptions about me. none are accurate of course.
you seem like the kind of person what walks around with a chip on your shoulder just itching to use one of your two pistols.
you always walk around with two guns and a blade? and youre a black belt?
well youre a regular charlie bronson i see.
did you ever think you may do more harm than good? with the attitude you have.
what about if you do get dropped? like you said your pistols are now out in the wild.

avoiding 3 or more black people at 1 time. rough way to live my friend.
what if you come across 2 normal size black guys hanging with a black midget?
does that count as 3 or do you call it 2 and a half and figure no need to avoid them??
hahaha
a gun toting, knife carrying black belt roaming the streets ready to protect and defend.
i feel so much better knowing youre out there.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Scope and a Beam

i noticed that too. all kinds of black belt tough guys dropping hammers down.
because i dont feel the need to shoot to kill at the slightest infraction they make assumptions about me.
they assume i dont know how to handle myself. they assume i wont protect myself and my family.

i have been called a bleeding heart pacifist in this very thread and all because i am not bragging about my weapons that i carry an my 'first' black belt. i dont talk about avoiding certain numbers of black people and carrying my keys in a spike position ready to push it into someones throat.

this really is an amazing thread.
if you go back and read i never once said you should not defend yourself. i never once said just roll over and take it. i said the opposite actually.
i dont puff out my chest and talk about my weapons and my fight to the death experience and i am somehow labeled as a wimp. as soft. as someone that wouldnt protect his wife.

the reality is i just think the punishment should fit the crime.
i said i dont like violence and i dont like to fight. i never said i cant. i never said i wont. i just dont like to.

i cant believe how far off the deep end some of these people seem to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

How do you know this was part of the knockout game? Do you have any credible links to back this up?
Still good to see a girl fight back successfully! S & F

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Staroth

How do you know this was part of the knockout game? Do you have any credible links to back this up?

Nah, can't really be 100 % sure. But it was nice to see that girl get those hits landed

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I did.

Provided you two links.

After the first you changed the goal post away from crime rate, to incarceration rate.

So I provided a link for it.

Now you're poo-pooing the source.

There's something at the bottom, called references...

You have zero credibility in my eyes, kid.

I may be older than you.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

It's not.

Editor’s Note: This story has been updated to reflect comments from the Las Vegas Police Department.

An incident depicted in a viral video Sunday showing a woman thoroughly beat an assailant who appeared to sneak up behind her is not related to the notorious “knockout game,” authorities said.

Las Vegas Police Department spokesman Larry Hadfield told TheBlaze Monday it appears the involved individuals had contact with each other before.

“This incident does not suggest it would be related to any random incident like a ‘knockout’ type game,” he said, noting it “remains under investigation.”

Nevertheless, police said the victim does not want to prosecute and no serious injuries were reported.

source - The Blaze

I started a thread about this earlier today (here) but it didn't get any traction--the truth is rarely as popular or entertaining as the lie. This is at least the third instance of falsely reported incidents of the "Knockout game."

Here's another one:

In a depressing-yet-predictable twist, the 23-year-old woman whose battered face went viral in "knockout game" hysteria last month was actually hit by her boyfriend, not randomly attacked by a stranger, police say.

source

and the other one:

News outlets across the country have been lighting up the Internet this week with the story of Beulah Montgomery, the 60-year-old woman who shot and killed two teenagers after they targeted her in the ‘Knockout Game’. It turns out the story is fake.

source

It's hard to blame the fear mongering media and political pundits after reading a few hundred comments on these stories because people are completely complicit in their own manipulation and any story or video that reinforces their skewed world views is embraced regardless of its veracity.
edit on 10-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

solongandgoodnight

Staroth

Nah, can't really be 100 % sure. But it was nice to see that girl get those hits landed

Right, so it doesn't matter if it's BS as long as you get the emotional charge of seeing the "bad guy get his." Might as well let professional wrestling inform your worldview.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well honestly I am shocked that it took the bleeding hearts this long to come out of the woodwork and try to take the focus off of what is really happening here - Black people targeting White people.

Adding things like "Haven't the white people been playing the knockout game for 300 years?" only adds to how stupid you look when you point and scream racism. This isn't about 300 years ago, this is about Racist hate crimes happening right now. So stop your BS straw man arguments, stop being so ignorant and try to find a solution to this problem - or else keep down, the adults are talking.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by oblvion

In Texas ...all men are cowards..

See how this defenseless women was in NO NEED of a gun. That's how people without a security blanket live...aka gun. Should make all gun carrying men cringe..
...what is your excuse now...if a woman and in some cases a child can stop a criminal without the need of a weapon, what else you got..

Yes, and ALL people who make judgemental statements about any group of people are...what?

ALL? Really? I live in Texas bud...come see me. We can share a cup of coffee and laugh about that statement

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

CardiffGiant
youre just spouting off now. nothing but a loud mouth.

I apologize that by me being 100% correct came off as having a mouth that is loud.

i have said nothing about reducing black market weapons.

Exactly, but you have said plenty about reducing legal firearms now have you not? Do you have comprehension problems as well CardiffGiant?

personally i think cowboys like you are just as dangerous as these people trying to knock people out.

Why, because while they are being sucker punched, I believe that a defenseless, innocent victim has no responsibility for their attackers life when defending themselves? What is wrong with your brain my friend, you really need to fix it.

you rely on guns to protect yourself and you are itching at the chance to use it.

I am? I own 3 guns and have not even went to the range in over 7 years. I have shot many rounds off up at our Cabin, but other than that I don't even conceal and carry. So nice try anyway.

i dont know what the complex is but there definitely is one.

First, Wipe the foam off our lips, we are having a discussion about a problem that is morphing into something racial and that could potentially cause other innocent folks to be harmed for no reason whatsoever. In my opinion, I don't care what color these monsters are, they should be ruthlessly counter attacked until the result sinks into their community.

I have a question for you Mahatma Gandhi, Do you have any compassion for the innocent victims, or is your only concern for the attackers? Answer a simple question, answer it???

Oh and why all the focus on me and your miserably failed assumptions, I never singled you personally out, or your "upbringing"? That was desperation at it's finest. You're attacking me personally, so now let's just stay on the topic, and forget about you and I, Ok? Let's discuss the subject here.

the way you were brought up or too many clint eastwood movies or something.
just hoping that something pops off near you so that you can whip out one of your many guns and make the world a better place... right

Now you know how I was brought up? I told you that I don't conceal and carry and I don't carry guns around with me. However, if someone enters my home they will get shot without a doubt. Even in my backyard they probably would as well at this point because of this sick and twisted society.

in truth i worry much more about people like you than i do these random punks throwing punches.
its going to be you that gets me or someone in my family killed and youre going to do it thinking you are saving us.

Well you have it all figured out about who I am, so what more can I say? You may as well just ramble away about whatever fits you at this point. You say it, that is the way it is, right? Ok then my friend.

when i talk with people like you and when i see the things people say and what they really believe i realize how much this world really sucks and thats very sad.

Yeah it is pretty pathetic that people like you are more concerned about a lunatics life who clobbers innocent women over their heads. Maybe next time they will rape them or someone that you love and care about as well?

Oh that's right, they should just slap them back and hope they do not end up being violated? Honestly, I think you need some medication, and even more than that, but I don't write the Laws.

such closed minded people. i feel like i have to go on the defensive.

Defensive? Apparently nobody is allowed to defend themselves in your warped BizzarO world, so how would you know anything about being defensive?

Oh how we all wish we could be as high and mighty as yourself, and be more open minded to having our skulls bashed in when our heads are turned. I have no choice but to really wonder about folks like you. You people will never learn until you're watching your own loved ones raped and murdered before your very own eyes. Not that I wish that, but Sorry, that is the reality of this world, so wake up my friend! If not for me or you, then for your very own family or ours?

i dont feel the way you all do about killing people and all of a sudden i am some puss wimp bleeding heart.

No, let's make sure that it is you who finally get's it right. You don't believe that an innocent victim has the right to defend themselves against a brutal, life threatening attack, unless that victim has time enough to assess exactly how much danger their life is in during that split second of having their head sucker punched and smashed so that by some miracle they can just hope to get lucky enough to counter punch the aggressor? = Seek help, go see a shrink, get on some medications.

With that being said, you're clearly wrong, and in the minority here by far. You're a danger to your fellow citizens because of your apologist, and disgusting concern for the well being of predators who are clearly out to do nothing but harm to innocent beings who are just trying to live their lives.

You, and your kind are the enablers, you're all the excuse makers, and you're all the enemies of the innocent.

But hey honestly CardiffGiant, Life and death is an emotional subject, but I hope that you have a great holiday season, cause I am sure overall you're a good person. You and I just disagree on the solution and reaction to such unfortunate violence that is inflicted on innocent people who are just trying to live their lives, support their families, and just plain survive. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation
edit on 10-12-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

DZAG Wright

Do a quick search and compare the 90's with now, crime is WAY down. For instance Chicago, we're making a fuss now when the murders were 3x what they are now in the 90's.

The private prisons aren't making money and need our electees to make more laws creating more criminals...

Baloney, baloney, baloney......

Crime in Chicago...you are proud that there is a murder a day (minimum)? Awesome sauce.
What about Detroit? How bout Memphis? Tell me about inner city Atlanta?

it is quite clear who the racist is here.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

SheopleNation
In my opinion, I don't care what color these monsters are, they should be ruthlessly counter attacked until the result sinks into their community.

I have often thought that the victim, or the family of the victim should be able to spend an hour with the handcuffed perp closed up in a room with a baseball bat.

If that is how we dealt with violent offenders I can pretty much guarantee there would be far fewer of them, and we wouldnt have to spend 50k a year colly moddling them in prison.

But, you know, I would accept pretty much any kind of immediate retaliation regarding violent offenders. This crap we have now is not justice.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
People are missing the boat...

The pure race hate crimes need to be stopped. They also need to be addressed and called what they are - Racial Based Hate Crimes - Black on White Racism.

Until that unpopular concept can be uttered from the mouths of the flaming bleeding hearts and from the morons who shout "Racism" every time someone tells them no - we will be stuck having to defend ourselves and our own families - and since the "Knockout Game" is a game played by using lethal force to create a brain injury - thus knocking out the person, the response to each and every one of these Racist Hate Crimes should be simply lethal force in return.

The best tool that can be used as a deterrence to attack and as a lethal force delivering device is a firearm. To think otherwise is simply naive and delusional.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

bbracken677
I have often thought that the victim, or the family of the victim should be able to spend an hour with the handcuffed perp closed up in a room with a baseball bat.

If that is how we dealt with violent offenders I can pretty much guarantee there would be far fewer of them, and we wouldnt have to spend 50k a year colly moddling them in prison.

But, you know, I would accept pretty much any kind of immediate retaliation regarding violent offenders. This crap we have now is not justice.

bbracken677, I understand your frustration concerning these lunatics, and I understand it more than you know. However, we can't allow ourselves to subjugate family members of these nutcase monsters because they themselves are not making the choice of hurting innocent human beings.

Listen bro, That would be a very dangerous policy for many innocent law abiding folks. I do understand your anger though my friend. Best wishes to you and your own. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

i feel like i have to spell it out.
i just think the punishment should fit the crime.
i want people to defend themselves. i wish it would happen more. the sad thing is the only way 'most' people can defend themselves is with a gun. i think that is a problem.
im sure a lot of these people that like to play this game are monsters to we could do without.
im also sure that some of them are nothing more than young punks. you dont deserve to due for being a punk.
no coming back from that.
i would love to see all these attackers get seriously tuned up for trying something like this. i dont feel like they deserve a bullet to the head.
im not talking about people breaking into your house or rapists. there have been a lot of leaps here

people carrying 2 pistols and a knife to walk down the street.
keys spiked out ready to punch through a throat... when walking through a mall parking lot
avoiding 3 or more black people
i just dont get it.
not thinking they deserve death does not mean i am mr compassion for these people

seems to me there are a lot of trigger happy people out there. thats what i get from this.

for the most part now(of course nothing is 100% of the time) i feel like it is excessive

i loved when that guy walking with his lady took both those guys out. it took him less than a second to respond and he was on them. they had no chance.
perfect response to that situation. that guy didnt deserve to die.

i am not anti gun at all. its just that when i read some of the responses it makes me nervous that the people saying this walk around with multiple guns and knives.

this is not 100% accurate but i have probably spent 20,000 hours training. a couple different martial/combat arts. put that training to the test more than 30 times by the time i was 25.
i just feel like that is all the defense i need. what i have learned and practiced for all those hours. all those times i tested myself.
just different i guess.
maybe i just dont understand because i am perfectly fine walking through a parking lot. i dont need my keys spiked in my hand to make it in my car.
of course a sucker punch could turn my lights out. im not superman.
if it does not turn my lights out though i will be just fine in that situation. if i had a gun and i went out it wouldnt help me now would it?

for me i would feel less safe with a gun, even against multiples.
what if i missed? what if it jammed? what if when i got clocked i went out for a few seconds and when i wake up they now had my gun?
that is a situation i dont want to be in.
of course if someone approached me and they had a gun i would be wanting one but that does not outweigh how nervous i would be the rest of the time.

self defense does not have to be with a gun.
what decade did the self defense mind set stop ad the pack pistols mind set start?
thats just something i dont want to be a part ot.

all in all i cant say anymore. it is very clear that i am a minority in this thread. i have said all i can and heard all i really care to hear.
no hard feelings against anyone. i hope none of you are ever in a situation where that pistol would be needed.
later.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

CardiffGiant
reply to post by SheopleNation

i feel like i have to spell it out.
i just think the punishment should fit the crime.
i want people to defend themselves. i wish it would happen more. the sad thing is the only way 'most' people can defend themselves is with a gun. i think that is a problem.
im sure a lot of these people that like to play this game are monsters to we could do without.
im also sure that some of them are nothing more than young punks. you dont deserve to due for being a punk.
no coming back from that.
i would love to see all these attackers get seriously tuned up for trying something like this. i dont feel like they deserve a bullet to the head.
im not talking about people breaking into your house or rapists. there have been a lot of leaps here

people carrying 2 pistols and a knife to walk down the street.
keys spiked out ready to punch through a throat... when walking through a mall parking lot
avoiding 3 or more black people
i just dont get it.
not thinking they deserve death does not mean i am mr compassion for these people

seems to me there are a lot of trigger happy people out there. thats what i get from this.

for the most part now(of course nothing is 100% of the time) i feel like it is excessive

i loved when that guy walking with his lady took both those guys out. it took him less than a second to respond and he was on them. they had no chance.
perfect response to that situation. that guy didnt deserve to die.

i am not anti gun at all. its just that when i read some of the responses it makes me nervous that the people saying this walk around with multiple guns and knives.

this is not 100% accurate but i have probably spent 20,000 hours training. a couple different martial/combat arts. put that training to the test more than 30 times by the time i was 25.
i just feel like that is all the defense i need. what i have learned and practiced for all those hours. all those times i tested myself.
just different i guess.
maybe i just dont understand because i am perfectly fine walking through a parking lot. i dont need my keys spiked in my hand to make it in my car.
of course a sucker punch could turn my lights out. im not superman.
if it does not turn my lights out though i will be just fine in that situation. if i had a gun and i went out it wouldnt help me now would it?

for me i would feel less safe with a gun, even against multiples.
what if i missed? what if it jammed? what if when i got clocked i went out for a few seconds and when i wake up they now had my gun?
that is a situation i dont want to be in.
of course if someone approached me and they had a gun i would be wanting one but that does not outweigh how nervous i would be the rest of the time.

self defense does not have to be with a gun.
what decade did the self defense mind set stop ad the pack pistols mind set start?
thats just something i dont want to be a part ot.

all in all i cant say anymore. it is very clear that i am a minority in this thread. i have said all i can and heard all i really care to hear.
no hard feelings against anyone. i hope none of you are ever in a situation where that pistol would be needed.
later.

It doesn't matter how much training you have or how much of an internet tough guy you are when someone sneaks up behind you and bashes the side of your skull. This is what you do not seem to be able to comprehend.

Also, not everyone is an internet tough guy like you. Not everyone spent 20,000 hours training (essentially the equivalent of the training being a full time job for 10 years straight - not that I am questioning your amazing training, but the claim sounds a tad excessive). The fastest way to diffuse a situation is to brandish a firearm - in most cases you do not need to discharge it to diffuse the situation. If the "Knockout Game" is just a game, the "kids" doing this would simply piss their pants and run off - but if the actual intent is as many of us suspect - a hate crime, then that might not even help and one will be thankful for the ability to wield lethal force.

It is clear you have no actual firearms training and no actual experience with true violence based on your comments... And I hope you never actually have to experience any. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be so quick to judge from a holier than thou position those people who find themselves in actual hazardous situations on a day to day basis.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join