It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrying Out Orders Is Mind Control.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rectorate

This is an amazing scientific study in a BBC Horizon programme.

There are many experiments but the one that is most interesting is when a man is in a MRI machine and is told to make a decision and the people watching the monitors can see that a decision is made before there is any awareness of it for the man in the machine. Go to 50.00 if you just want to see this particular experiment.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Appreciated, I'm stripped for time at the moment but I will definitely give it a look when I return home.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Advantage

Rectorate
reply to post by Aliensun

That's interesting, maybe I am delusional believing in my own free will. That is exactly what society has taught us to think, people with free will are dissidents with serious mental issues. I do question my sanity occasionally though, which is the sign of a healthy mind. If I had no free will or power of choice, I would either be dead or a millionaire. I'm neither. I'm thinking very hard right now, about what could be controlling me only to find nothing, except maybe my extreme distaste for this society and its incessant propaganda. Do you really believe you are being controlled? If so, why do you want to be controlled?

I know you arent speaking to me, but wanted to give my .02 on this one

Because it relieves them of personal responsibility.. as I was trying to illustrate in my previous post.

An excuse!!!

"I am just following orders. It's not my decision. It's just my job.".

Yes, I bet these excuses have been heard often in court rooms.

The only way I have found around it is to have a construct of sacred values. They come first. They even come before Family. By doing so I am a much better addition to my family, too. If I am ordered to break these I could not. I would rather die than go against my conscience, that is doing something I know full well is going to hurt somebody else deliberately. I try to treat everyone else's psyche as I want mine to be treated that way.

I do continually reflect on my behaviour. Another poster described that as questioning one's sanity. It is the same thing. I check for little viruses from the world that try to infect me with intentions that are beneficial to them, but of no use or value to me and may even cause me loss and damage. Keep a look out for prowling lions who go around seeking who they may devour!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Authority must be obeyed. There have been experiments to test the power 'authority' have over people.

In Milgram's first set of experiments, 65 percent (26 of 40)[1] of experiment participants administered the experiment's final massive 450-volt shock, though many were very uncomfortable doing so; at some point, every participant paused and questioned the experiment; some said they would refund the money they were paid for participating in the experiment. Throughout the experiment, subjects displayed varying degrees of tension and stress. Subjects were sweating, trembling, stuttering, biting their lips, groaning, digging their fingernails into their skin, and some were even having nervous laughing fits or seizures.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Revolution9

Advantage

Rectorate

That's interesting, maybe I am delusional believing in my own free will. That is exactly what society has taught us to think, people with free will are dissidents with serious mental issues. I do question my sanity occasionally though, which is the sign of a healthy mind. If I had no free will or power of choice, I would either be dead or a millionaire. I'm neither. I'm thinking very hard right now, about what could be controlling me only to find nothing, except maybe my extreme distaste for this society and its incessant propaganda. Do you really believe you are being controlled? If so, why do you want to be controlled?

Because it relieves them of personal responsibility.. as I was trying to illustrate in my previous post.

An excuse!!!

The only way I have found around it is to have a construct of sacred values. They come first. They even come before Family. By doing so I am a much better addition to my family, too. If I am ordered to break these I could not. I would rather die than go against my conscience, that is doing something I know full well is going to hurt somebody else deliberately. I try to treat everyone else's psyche as I want mine to be treated that way.

I do continually reflect on my behaviour. Another poster described that as questioning one's sanity. It is the same thing. I check for little viruses from the world that try to infect me with intentions that are beneficial to them, but of no use or value to me and may even cause me loss and damage. Keep a look out for prowling lions who go around seeking who they may devour!

I like your post.. a LOT! What Im saying fits in with the mental health aspect as well. The poster questioning his own. That is the first step to being whole.. in my opinon!

I have a whole set of personal values and ethics I made for myself that Ill not violate. Took a long time to do this and do it right.. still gets tweaked. Ill follow orders up to the point they butt heads with my own personal programming... no override... and I follow orders very very well. If I do something heinous.. I will take responsibility for it MYSELF. Lord knows in certain instances I dont want to and it would be more palatable to excuse myself due to this or that. I dont think a lot of folks think about these things and even less decide to understand and fool with the program. Youre pretty well taught from your first day of school.. do not fool with the program we are dl into you.. follow it or else. It really sets a standard for future decisions one makes concerning a persons understanding of their own will.. and what they ARE and are not responsible for.

I believe this thread and your post hit on the very ROOT of our personal,societal, world.. and spiritual.. problems.
Im the prowling lion you can leave the gate open and not worry.. much, depending on what you are.
Its foolish not to recognize your real SELF.. I have.. and see things I know are not safe/good left all on their own with no parameters set in stone. In my 20's I decided that I will make myself and let nothing in the past effect the ME inside. No past traumas, no past anything.. good or bad. I will be responsible and utilize my will. Damned hard.. still doing it too, and Im old! LOL! Never ending I guess..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Advantage

Revolution9

Advantage

Rectorate

An excuse!!!

I like your post.. a LOT! What Im saying fits in with the mental health aspect as well. The poster questioning his own. That is the first step to being whole.. in my opinon!

I have a whole set of personal values and ethics I made for myself that Ill not violate. Took a long time to do this and do it right.. still gets tweaked. Ill follow orders up to the point they butt heads with my own personal programming... no override... and I follow orders very very well. If I do something heinous.. I will take responsibility for it MYSELF. Lord knows in certain instances I dont want to and it would be more palatable to excuse myself due to this or that. I dont think a lot of folks think about these things and even less decide to understand and fool with the program. Youre pretty well taught from your first day of school.. do not fool with the program we are dl into you.. follow it or else. It really sets a standard for future decisions one makes concerning a persons understanding of their own will.. and what they ARE and are not responsible for.

I believe this thread and your post hit on the very ROOT of our personal,societal, world.. and spiritual.. problems.
Im the prowling lion you can leave the gate open and not worry.. much, depending on what you are.
Its foolish not to recognize your real SELF.. I have.. and see things I know are not safe/good left all on their own with no parameters set in stone. In my 20's I decided that I will make myself and let nothing in the past effect the ME inside. No past traumas, no past anything.. good or bad. I will be responsible and utilize my will. Damned hard.. still doing it too, and Im old! LOL! Never ending I guess..

Yes, never ending!

Yes, I agree that it hits on a very important and not generally discussed area of human dynamics almost archetypally. I must also state that I think there are experts in this field of study, too. I've done my share of psychological and sociological studying.

It has never been my will or desire to manipulate others consciously. As a more unconscious being when in my youth I mimicked patterns that had drifted into me without having any defence. There came a point where I became consciously aware that I did have some power to take away many of the problems in my life. I had to make horrible decisions and choices and be very ruthless about breaking contacts, patterns of behaviour, etc.

I was very naïve, too. Some people are not naïve. They do have skills of manipulation because they occupy themselves with their own study of it. They know how to do it.

I honestly cannot think these days how I would manipulate anybody. I have no skills that way. To some, though, it appears to be an art form.

On a personal note thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments. Very grateful to have had your input here. I have read your posts for a couple of years. You are a very comforting presence here and much respected by me.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is voluntary loyalty a form of mind control? Being manipulating into thinking you should be loyal is mind control. What about when you aren't being manipulated? What is loyalty then?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I am sure there are those with the means and the data who have developed this manipulation via control mechanisms to perfection.

Yes there are,

Think Tank companies are employed to develop such mechanisms of manipulation based on current trends.

They have achieved this in advertising, politics, the military, secret services, the work place, the sex industry and every walk of life.

The leading and largest industries of what you list up here are who hire the think tank companies to forecast for them.

We are all vulnerable to manipulation. Awareness of this will certainly help all of us to know when it is being done, by whom and for what motive.

we meaning us humans and all of us I would have to disagree based on the claims of some of the wisest people I know, I tend to disagree with their claims that their mind is free of all forms of human based manipulation but agree that a human can develop a shield to block any for manipulation that would take away the free will of one.

I agree that we are vulnerable but can like anything with training, perfect a shield by being aware of more than just what encompasses our being.

Same as what your saying

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rectorate

That's interesting, maybe I am delusional believing in my own free will. That is exactly what society has taught us to think, people with free will are dissidents with serious mental issues.

Many actually free willed people are labeled as criminal by the law because of some regulation or restriction on something.

Its the law and all its complexities that is schizophrenic and mentally ill, its all over the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join