It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela funeral one of biggest gatherings of heads of states

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Obama arrived at Waterkloof Airforce Base a couple of minutes ago:

(Not my picture - Source Jacaranda FM.)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

You might want to be careful on how close you get to take those pics Gem... world leaders gathered in one place is not a good spot to get too cozy, if you know what I mean.

Just sayin'

Friends of ours flew out to South Africa today to pay their respects. They moved to Canada from Johannesburg about 10+ years ago and still fly back and forth quite a bit to visit family.

And I had to laugh when the first words out of Idi's mouth when she said they were going was, "What a great time to blow up the whole lot of those b******s, eh ?!"

Too bad it would be at Mandela's funeral though.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
With so many "leaders" in the same place under massive protection, at the same time, it would be almost impossible to stage some kind of event, I would have thought...security is going to be massive.

But....it might be a really good time to pull some kind of false flag somewhere else, while we're all distracted, and they're all protected. It also might be interesting to look at who won't be there.

I really feel for the people of South Africa, and Pretoria in particular, for having to put up with this. Mandela's funeral should be a dignified and spiritual event for everyone, not this high security circus and showcase for people who shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as him.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

And so the propaganda machine just keeps rolling on and on and on.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
that gathering is to change the world. For good I hope. Obama had one of his strongest speeches ever, under applause of unimaginable magnitude. OK if the world is going to be changed, let they do so!
edit on 10-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
one way or another they will bring the ET stuff down to earth. Declared or non declared as such. There is no other way out of the swamp.
Strange Putin is missing though?!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
meanwhile
Obama does selfie

way ta go Obama

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Cant Imagine Why.......

SOURCERY or Sorcery.

Cant believe most of you cannot seem to see it. Your only response to my post will be WHAT? What are we supposed to see? What are you talking about? as usual. Like clock work.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh my hat!

Talk about an awkward moment for President Zuma and the ANC!

US President Obama is cheered, while President Zuma is heckled by the crowd:

President Zuma was loudly booed at Mandela's memorial service, while crowds welcomed former Presidents Mbeki and De Klerk:
www.timeslive.co.za...

edit on 10-12-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This was Obama's starry moment. He was better than ever. Not even his Nobel peace prize speech 4y ago had such intensity and also ovations. I wish there are real consequences of his words to the world. If we can just asleep and wake up in a world promised.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
meanwhile
Obama does selfie

way ta go Obama

Wow, check out Michelle Obama's body language.
Her face say's it all!!!

What get's me...
Obama never had the decency to send one person from his administration for Margaret Thatchers funeral

Obama's snub to Thatcher: President won't send envoy to funeral - and leaves it to her old allies from the Reagan era

Hmmmm, yet he didn't want to miss out on the hoopla with all the dignitaries for this funeral.

Yep, he loves being center stage, that's for sure.

----------

ETA: Love how he injects himself personally into some one else's tragedy, just to gain attention for himself.

His twitter comment and picture of him in jail-cell that Mandela spent time in....
Should have been a nice picture of Mandela instead, out of respect...

I mean, Mandela is the one who died, not Obama.
The normal thing that people usually do:
They put an inspirational saying along with the deceased loved ones photo.
Not a picture of yourself......talk about a narcissist!!!

This is the seat that Rosa Parks sat in....now him for photo op

What is up with that??
Other than the obvious....
He craves the attention

edit on 10-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Gemwolf
So the Mandela funeral will mean the biggest gathering of international heads of state outside of the UN since the burial of Pope John Paul II...

...US President Barack Obama and his entourage have again booked out the Radisson Blu hotel in Sandton so the American first family can attend Nelson Mandela’s funeral on December 15.
The source said Obama’s security staff stripped and removed all fittings in the penthouse, including the carpet and pictures on the walls, then moved to the bathroom where they replaced the toilet seats and bathtub.

“They also replaced our bulletproof window with their own.”
Source

**Rolls eyes**

This week is going to be quite... interesting in and around the city where I live?

It's so sad when I read this, because it's costing taxpayers money to maintain garbage, but I have to laugh a bit as well. Maybe politicians wouldn't need all of the expense and security if they were respected and loved rather than hated (or seriously disliked. I remember reading an article about the Austrian President walking to work with one security guy and he could do that, he was loved, respected and admired.

I know it's only a drop in the bucket, but just think of how much money could be saved if Obama didn't need such a ridiculous security detail.

As far as mandela's funeral, pointless. I think they took him off the FBI's terrorist watch-list about 4 years ago. Funny thing, the only reason he was let out of Robyn Island later rather than sooner, was because mandela would not denounce terrorism and violence as a means of promoting a political agenda. PW Botha actually offered to release him a number of times in the 80's, if mandela would simply give his word that he (mandela) would not participate in or promote political violence and terrorism.

So that's the funeral all them heads-o'-state are going to, for a terrorist. But then, wrong is right, terrorists are heroes and an honest working man is a criminal (considering all the new laws). We live in bizzarro-world ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/11.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

St Udio
great place to do a (3 day) terror operation/ false flag bio-attack on world leaders

I never thought of that. Star for you.

The reason so many leaders are attending this is to manipulate people into thinking they're good people.

Mandella is good guy. Attend his funeral = you are friend of good guy.

That's why I think your idea about a FF has serious merit.

Attack on lots of "good guys" means "bad guys" did it. And the lesser aware will stay glued to their TVs to find out who the "bad guys" are, so we can invade their country and bring them to "justice"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join