It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela funeral one of biggest gatherings of heads of states

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So the Mandela funeral will mean the biggest gathering of international heads of state outside of the UN since the burial of Pope John Paul II...

Come Monday at noon, that number has risen to 91 sitting heads of state, including 10 former heads of state. Additionally, royalty (kings, queens, princes, princesses), reps of UN, EU, Commonwealth, World Bank, IMF, AU, the Pope’s representative are lining up to attend what many consider the largest funeral in history. eNCA will bring you the full list as soon as we have it.

African heads of state attending include: President J Kikwete from Tanzania, President Joseph Kabila from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, President H Pohamba from Namibia, President M Sall from Senegal, President Allessane Ouattara from Cote d’Ivoire, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, President Robert Mugabe from Zimbabwe, Congolese president Dennis Sassou-Nguesso, President John Dramani from Ghana and President Ali Bongo from Gabon.

From South America, attendees will include President Nicolus Maduro Moros from Venezuela and President Dilma Rousseff from Brazil along with four former presidents of the country.

From the Caribbean, Prime Minister Perry Christie from the Bahamas will attend, as will President Donad Ramotar from Guyana, Haitian President Michael Martelly and Jamaican president Portia Miller.

Asian representation will include President Pranab Mukherjee from India and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

President Francois Hollande from France, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbot, United Nations General Secretary Ban Ki Moon and the European Union’s two presidents will also attend the proceedings.

American president President Barack Obama would be in attendance along with former presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

Other high profile guests include musician Bono, television talk show host Oprah Winfrey, businessman Richard Branson, top model Naomi Campbell, Prince Charles and Prince Harry.

Source & More

Quite an interesting line-up...

Presidents like Hamid Karzai from Afghanistan rubbing shoulders with Obama...? And Mugabe and Ban Ki Moon...

And apparently all hotels are fully booked as well as all rental cars... Not surprising considering Obama booked an entire hotel just for his entourage...

...US President Barack Obama and his entourage have again booked out the Radisson Blu hotel in Sandton so the American first family can attend Nelson Mandela’s funeral on December 15.
The source said Obama’s security staff stripped and removed all fittings in the penthouse, including the carpet and pictures on the walls, then moved to the bathroom where they replaced the toilet seats and bathtub.

“They also replaced our bulletproof window with their own.”
Source

**Rolls eyes**

This week is going to be quite... interesting in and around the city where I live?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

This is better than a meeting of Bilderberg - I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those hotel rooms and high-level conference rooms, and "accidental" meetings in hallways and elevators. Lots of agendas should be presented and advanced in the inner-sanctums.

Wish I was there this week. You have a front-row seat to some very interesting learning-curve experiences, so please get out into the streets and take in the atmosphere for all of us.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Aleister
Wish I was there this week. You have a front-row seat to some very interesting learning-curve experiences, so please get out into the streets and take in the atmosphere for all of us.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I'm going to decline your kind offer...

The memorial is going to be held in Johannesburg tomorrow. Some 80,000 people are expected. I don't even drive to Johannesburg in normal traffic, so there is no way I'm going anywhere near that direction tomorrow.

Then from Wednesday Mr Mandela's body will be taken to the Union Buildings in Pretoria (where I live), the official home of the government, where it will lie in state for three days where members of public can view the body. A funeral cortege carrying the icon's remains will pass through the capital daily until Friday, with South Africans being urged to line the streets to form a "guard of honour". Thousands upon thousands of people are expected to visit the Union buildings. Little do they know that the streets of the city are already chaotic because half of the inner-city streets have been dug up to work on a new public transport system. In normal traffic it takes about an hour of driving in traffic just to get in and out of the city. So I can only imagine the kind of chaos it will be when thousands of extra people stream to the city... I know it's supposed to be a historic event, but sitting in traffic is my own personal hell, so I'm going to avoid it as much as possible. Luckily I work and live outside the city limits.

I promise I will be driving around with my camera and take pictures of anything interesting...

The actual state funeral will take place in Mr Mandela's ancestral homeland of Qunu in the Eastern Cape on Sunday - which is quite far from where I live.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Gemwolf because: Missing word

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I promise I will be driving around with my camera and take pictures of anything interesting...

you going to post pictures?

would be nice to see something not msm.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I will if I see/photograph anything worthwhile. There won't be much happening around the city (Pretoria) today or tomorrow. The "action" should start on Wednesday.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I will bet that the preserved body of Lenin has been viewed by more people than will the Mandela corpse...

estimate a Million+ have seen Lenin laying In-state

www.theguardian.com...

link has pic of the dressed on black leader

great place to do a (3 day) terror operation/ false flag bio-attack on world leaders

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It is crazy.

My wife works in travel & have not had a break the last few days. Delegates, and others whom sees themselves as famous think they own you at times like these.

Certain clients had no choice to book into guesthouses, even if they threw their toys around. Made me grin.

I have little respect for some of these people, whom i haven't heard of. Oh, but they are "important!" Apparently..

On the other hand - even though i live in Johannesburg, there is NO way i will be traveling anywhere around the city the rest of this week. Shops and back.

As Gemwolf said: even on normal days, you don't do the traffic thing to Johannesburg. Unless you REALLY have to.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think"

This is awesome... really... specially for a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
How many millions of dollars could the US save if Obama just attended via Skype.

Book the entire hotel, tear up and remodel. And politicians and the rich gripe about the US feeding or helping out it's poor. Unbelievable...

Anyway, huge target for the 'terrorists', who every they are on that day.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Of course..

In your eyes..a republican would have been showing respect..but Obama...how dare he waste tax payers money..

I wonder has there ever been a successful black person or any colored person for that matter, who has not been put through the ringer from the right.

You know their motto.."successful colored person..let's dig up some dirt"

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

Of course..

In your eyes..a republican would have been showing respect..but Obama...how dare he waste tax payers money..

I wonder has there ever been a successful black person or any colored person for that matter, who has not been put through the ringer from the right.

You know their motto.."successful colored person..let's dig up some dirt"

You brought up political party and race, I didn't. I think that shows something about you. I don't care whose funeral it is, it's a waste of tax dollars because of paranoia due to the way the US treats the world.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think"

This is awesome... really... specially for a terrorist.

Yes why couldn't he be a good little slave and just let his people and nation be oppressed.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is one of those events where the M.I.C. could easily get rid of some of the most corrupt political figures in history in one shot and make an example for future corrupt scumbag politicians to be warned this could easily happen to them to. Killing off that list of scumbags would be the best thing to happen to mankind..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Except the MIC is sometimes on the side of the scumbags, and with out them they don't exist.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

True but I can at least hope and pray that there are some of the people involved with all of this that have the greater good of humanity as their primary motivators.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
On the concerns people raise about terrorism? I'd note South Africa isn't America. They wouldn't be arrested, read their rights and become center to a legal fight over whether they could even be made to give their name.

I'd rather be a cop-killer in Texas, for the life span they enjoy...than someone so much as making a rude disturbance at this ceremony. I think that alone will tend to keep all but the crazy types away. The crazies are what security services ARE good at spotting...so no worries IMO. It'll go quietly and uneventfully, as befits the man and occasion this is all for.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hate to say this. And I am just coughing up a question. And I am not disrespecting anybody.

But

Is there any possibility of maybe an assassination? Or something as big?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A really enterprising assassin with the right WMD could flush a lot of global trash at that party.

I'd almost endorse it if it weren't for the perfectly innocent city they're all in.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Please delete.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have to concur that such a large gathering of world leaders past and present provides a wonderful opportunity for some behind the scene, off the record conversations and that some good will come out of it. That would be a fitting memorial for Mandela. He would welcome that I think if some sort of agreement could be reached on at least one world issue of concern. But Mugabe is going? Jeez. I hope someone has an international arrest warrant ready so that he can be taken into custody and charged with murder and corruption and whatever other crimes he is guilty of.

I also fear that a terrorist will be rubbing his/her hands with glee. Such a huge gathering of heads of state does unfortunately present an opportunity to strike. Hopefully this will not happen. To wish such a thing is steeping to the mindset of terrorists. Please don't fall into that trap. We are supposed to be more civilised than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join