It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exodus Telltale

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

undo

Logarock

undo
any belief system that claims women are inferior species, that your children should be taken outside and stoned to death and so on, it's a system that hates at least half of the world's population and isn't it interesting that the half it hates is the half that makes more humans (women)

enlil = moon god. extrapolate that. think think. use yer noggin

There is nothing to think about. This is simply an attempt to displace attributes of God the father, that we don't like, onto these lesser gods. Thus its simply an attempt to misrepresent God to construct something more palatable for todays world.

who tries to give the planet to jesus?
the owner, that's who.
jesus is enki-ea, redux

Jesus knew if He completed His mission, that the same person that gave it to satan would give it to him.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

jjkenobi
I have heard the Sea of Reeds theory often. I personally don't believe it for these two reasons:

1. The entire Egyptian army drowned trying to chase them. Obviously that could not have happened in shallow water.

2. The bottom of the Sea would be muck. But the Israelites walked through and their wagons/carts/etc all made it through as well. Opening dams and draining water does not account for them walking across dry ground.

I believe God used natural events to aid the Israelites. Obviously I don't have specific answers. The Bible says the parting of the Red Sea took all night long by a strong East wind. Exodus 14:21. One of the most intriguing theories I have read is that a very large or even super volcano eruption in the same world region could account for most of the plagues.

I agree with you. I believe God prefers to work through natural events wherever possible, and I've even seen that almost every plague and occurrence around the accounts of Exodus could be explained naturally save the Firstborn, even the parting of the sea. What makes them so miraculous then is that they all happened as and when they did and chained together although some are linked to each other as natural consequences or bi-products, cause and effect.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Logarock

Jesus knew if He completed His mission, that the same person that gave it to satan would give it to him.

precisely. now according to the sumerian texts, enlil and enki had a father in heaven, or heavenly father, known as anu. his name can be etymologically traced to the egyptian amen. so his name is HIDDEN in the old testaAMENt at the end of every prayer. was enki god? of course he was. he was jehovah. the people called him that in the old testament. was jesus god? of course he was, cause he was enki. the word that created humans.

see the text is very tricky there. it says that man was created in the image of elohim but this is not what the hebrew says. the hebrew says adam was created in the image of elohim and that some of those adam-elohim images were male and some were female. some would say well adam is man, but that's not true till adam becomes a procreator. before that point, adam was an elohim copy not a human.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
When Moses had defeated the king of Egypt, he completed the humiliation by stealing a truckload of gold and destroying the king and his army in an elaborate feat, before he fled the country in the dark of the night followed by hundreds of thousands Israeli runaways. So was it God who bred the frogs and locust, spread the pest, foresaw the darkness, mixed rust in the Nile and poisoned all the Egyptian firstborns, or is the truth more sinister— and human? I’ll let you chew on that a bit longer, for in this post I’ll explain exactly what happened when Moses &al walked across the Red Sea, walking on the sea bed with the water standing like walls to their left and right.

Nowhere in the text does it say ‘Red Sea’, it says ‘Sea of Reeds’, a play with words over the Egyptian name for ‘Paradise’: ‘The Field of Reeds’ a concept you find in the “Egyptian Book of the Dead” and elsewhere. Another thing you should know, is that the Egyptians built elaborate dams, dug out giant basins and used an intricate system of sluises to control irrigation and move water throughout the land and control the annual flooding of the Nile. They have found huge dams built by ancient Egyptians around the time of Moses. Take a look at en.wikipedia.org... for the remnants of one of them, built around 2650 BC. The Ankh cross was called the ‘Key of the Nile’ and they where actual keys used to open and close gates and sluises along the Nile, to fill and empty giant lakes and basins in intricate systems in order to make Egypt green and fertile, compared to today’s dry desert. Moses and his flock comes to one of these lake basins, whereupon Moses raises his hand and staff and the water parts both ways until the water stands like a wall to the left and right. In simple, Moses signals to the dam workers and they open and close the right sluises and close the gates to the left and right of Moses and his pack and they walk across the floor of the basin. When they are on the other side, Moses signals his insiders by the sluises by raising his staff again and they open the gates flooding the basin again, destroying the king and his army in the process. Now they could leave into the dead cold desert night, warmed by the unleavened bread reacting with the wine in their tummies raising the body temperature.

He didn't "steal a truckload of godl." The Egyptians voluntarily gave it to the Israelites hoping that their offering would make the plagues stop. Also, the Israelites did not defeat the Egyptians, God did. The Egyptians were held back by a pillar of fire from the sky and by the archangels themselves. If you are trying to say that Israelites did not actually cross through the seas which supernaturally parted when Moses was commanded to put his staff down on the shore, you are wrong, as the story explains much of the Egyptian army drowned when the water suddenly crashed back together and Pharoah was left on the shore in dismay. Another supernatural feat is that all of the Egyptian's firstborn were killed in one night. At least that's how the Bible story goes.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

ghostfacekilah00

He didn't "steal a truckload of godl." The Egyptians voluntarily gave it to the Israelites hoping that their offering would make the plagues stop.

The Egyptians LENT the gold to the Hebrews. The Hebrews never gave it back, hence, they stole it, and yes, it was about a truckload.

Also, the Israelites did not defeat the Egyptians, God did.

Yes, and Santa makes all the Christmas presents on the North Pole using gnomes and elves, and delivers all of them through people's chimneys during one night. Get real.

The Egyptians were held back by a pillar of fire from the sky and by the archangels themselves. If you are trying to say that Israelites did not actually cross through the seas which supernaturally parted when Moses was commanded to put his staff down on the shore, you are wrong, as the story explains much of the Egyptian army drowned when the water suddenly crashed back together and Pharoah was left on the shore in dismay. Another supernatural feat is that all of the Egyptian's firstborn were killed in one night. At least that's how the Bible story goes.

Exodus says the water was held back by joined walls on each side of the 'Sea of Reeds', turning it into a 'Field of Reeds' the Egyptian name for the 'abode of the dead'. As for people claiming this means shallow water; who said anything about shallow water. The dam at Sadd el-Kafara was "111m long and 14m tall with a base width of 98m and crest width of 56m." Now this is just one of many such ancient dams discovered, similar and even bigger constructions have been found elsewhere letting the ancient Egyptians control the water level of the Nile. Millions of tons of water held back by enormous dams. Open and close the right sluises and you can empty basins and flood others, with great waves of destructive water....
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Santa-flesh

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
the hyksos pharaohs were deposed by the egyptians because they charged too many taxes. this was during a time when the drought of joseph was an issue as well. joseph eventually became a pharoah himself. i'm not sure why the old testament doesn't mention that. the closest they get is showing how he moved up the ladder to be pharaoh's right hand man.
all the patriarchs become pharaohs at one point, including solomon and david, abraham and joseph.

i mean look at solomon's name. "omon" is a variant of amun and amen.

edit on 9-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
people view the ancient egyptians in the wrong light, as far as i'm concerned. noah's offspring repopulated egypt and ethiopia, the northernmost and southernmost borders of egypt. ham went to egypt. in fact, that's what egypt means, khem = ham. he took the sumerian data with him to egypt, so he had the flood account and creation account with him. when the hyksos went to egypt, they were literally going the lands of their kin from noah. the egyptian gods and texts, are depicting the same things as the sumerian, akkadian and biblical texts, but over the years, cultural norms and spelling variants, muddled it.

for example,
atum=adam
atum was the egyptian god of creation and finisher of the world. it's actually a plural word, as is adam.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

undo
in fact, that's what egypt means, khem = ham.

Indeed. Khemeth is an ancient name of Egypt. It means 'Ham's Land' or 'The Black Land'. This can be seen in the word 'Alchemy' lit. 'Al-Khemeth', Arabic for 'From Egypt' or 'From the Black Land'. This is the origin of the concept of 'Black Magic'-- 'Alchemy'.

for example,
atum=adam
atum was the egyptian god of creation and finisher of the world. it's actually a plural word, as is adam.

Haven't seen that one before, but it sounds plausible. Adama also means '(Red) Soil' or '(Red) Henna', and according to the Zohar the soil in Eden was made of red henna. The pigment coloring the henna red, is iron oxide, or rust. Seeing how great deposits we find of this type of soil around the world, I come to think that a lot of iron must have rusted there. Ancient sivilisations like what the Vedas tell us about, how hundreds of thousands years ago, the gods traveled the world in multi-story flying machines that sounds like thunder destroying whole cities in a single explosion that contaminated the soil and water for generations.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

jesus referred to himself as the second adam.
that has a double meaning.

the verse that describes the copying of the elohim is where the clues start appearing.
you have adam who are males and females copied in the image of elohim, which is also a plural word.
some say, oh that means that adam was a hermaphrodite and thus you see god removing the female part to make eve. but the text calls them (the male and female elohim copies), "them". as in more than one. so either that is more than one hermaphrodite or there's male and female copies of the elohim. to force the text to say it's only a male, some claim the first time a female is created is when we see eve. they ignore the prior verse that means the female elohim copy or latch unto the idea that its a hermaphrodite. so my answer to that is, if it's a hermaphrodite as in singular person with 2 sexes in same body, why's it call them, "them"?
people need to stop worrying about their doctrinal stance and just read what the text actually says

i call this group of copies of the elohim, the second adam. they are not offspring of the elohim in the procreative sense but more in the cloned or magical/supernatural sense. i can't prove they were clones with the text.

moses was raised egyptian and his hebrew mother was his nanny. so he likely had access to the story of creation and flood, etc, from both perspectives. in egypt, atum was the creator and finisher of the world. how's that possible if he was just a human being created by god? i went to the sumerian kings list and foun alulim was the first king. i think alulim is elohim and also a variant of adam and therefore atum. in effect, the adam were named after their creators they were copied from. it's really a tangled up mess.

gotta back up to the first few verses of genesis 1.
that is not the creation of the world but the re=creation of the world following a cataclysm of global proportions, probably the ice age which was sparked off by a global flood. later the noah story melded the more localized black sea flood, with the global ice age flood. so you are seeing the lifeforms that made the grade from the previous earth dispensation, being re-created in genesis. thus we have elohim copies, who humans are eventually created from and animals and so on. explains why you have noah only taking 32 animals on the ark and yet the text saying its all the animals lol no way. it's two different floods mixed together.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i should clarify that by saying that i think moses decided to differentiate between
adam/atum/elohim, to keep the confusion down. so he took the sumerian version, alulim, which was translated elohim by the hebrews, and the egyptian atum, which was translated adam by the hebrews, and called the creation, adam, and the creators elohim. this allowed him to explain the order of creation

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

According to Jewish tradition, Adam isn't to be understood as all of humanity. They see Adam as the first white 'homo sapiens sapiens', or the white Caucasian, a neanderthal/homo sapiens hybrid, recognised by his white skin, blue eyes and red or blond hair. Thus, the advent of the white Caucasian happened within the time frame shown in Genesis, or about 6000 years ago in the area around the Black Sea, by the source of the great rivers Euphrates and Tigris. I believe Eden (or 'Edin' in the Sumerian texts) is located at the bottom of what is now the Black Sea. In the Epic of Gilgamesh the plant that gives eternal life ('Tree of Life') could be retrieved from the bottom of the Sea of Death our hero has to cross to get to the Garden of the Sun where the Sumerian proto-Noah, Utnapishtim, supposedly lives.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Typos and clearing up

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you are truly interested in knowing, I suggest you visit this link. Watch the video and read theentire article. It should take no longer than an hour. I belief when you are finished you will be convinced that you now know the truth. I hope you enjoy the site. It is really fun to read information presented with evidence and not just regurgitated opinions with no evidence to back it up.

www.arkdiscovery.com...
edit on 9-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

yes well the problem with that is, there's more than one elohim. see the bible is just about the genealogy of jesus.
the world had another dispensation on it before homo sapiens. there are more races than caucasians. some scholars call the previous earth, the angelic dispensation. problem with that is, there are places in the old testament where the word angels is translated from the word elohim, in fact, even the dearly departed were called elohim at one point. other gods were called elohim. the theory being that it indicated this individual was a spiritual being. well since humans are also spiritual beings, that's not precise enough.

.pdf reading, What exactly is an Elohim?
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Indeed Elohim is a plural form of Eloha meaning 'a Force' or 'a God', thus Elohim means 'The Forces'. However, this is only partly true, for if you take the first sentance of Genesis, "Beresheet bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'arets" OR "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth": If it was so that the plural intensive Elohim was to be understood as a regular plural word, or simply 'gods'-- the verb 'bara' or 'created' would also be plural, which it is evedently not. Linguistically, the plurality in question is the same you see in German where you would say "Sie" ('They') to strangers and officials, while you would say 'du' to your sister or friend. Throughout history kings have used 'We' instead of 'I', thus refering to the office or court of the king and his nation. You can also see it in Shakespeere and the KJV as "Hallowed be THY name", a plural genitive shortened form of 'Their'.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Had to edit the first word of the bible, and the very name of Exodus in Hebrew since it is sensored here. Oh, the irony....

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added last sentence

edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i don't think alchemy was originally black magic. i think it was originally medicine.

here's the cross of jesus, before they hung him on it.
he referred to himself as the serpent moses raised on the staff, to bring healing to the people. it was a kind of foreshadowing about his crucifixion

what's a serpent on a wooden staff? well a rod of asclepius of course, the staff of a man of medicine. why a serpent on a staff? dna. rna. genetics, medicine. the symbol of enki was the serpent entwined staff and after all these years, it still is the symbol for medicine

ankh

enki's symbol

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

undo
i don't think alchemy was originally black magic. i think it was originally medicine.

The word magic comes from the name of Babylon's scribes, 'the Magi' (Gr. Magoi). They studied the stars and foresaw the birth of Jesus. Using magic. The concept of 'Black Magic' or 'Black Arts' we have from the Middle Ages and the protocols of the Inquisition. Alchemy was concidered the 'Black Arts', the word Alchemy can be translated thus. I'm not making this up. Alchemy later turned into natural philosophy, chemistry, physics and several other prominent sciences, during the renaissance. Newton was 95% a religious alchemist, 5% modern scientist. Something to ponder on for people who see him as one of the founders of modern science. He discribed his physical and mathmatical principles based on his understanding of alchemy.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

i'm talking about before babylon.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

undo

i'm talking about before babylon.

Yes, but the concept of there being a thing called Black Magic originates among the Catholic Inquisition. Before that there was only Alchemy. At some stage in the witchhunt, there was a need for an explanation of what Alchemy was, so they introduced the concept of "Black Magic" to discribe what Alchemy was, a bad translation of Alchemy in other words. And speaking of the devil, the word 'devil' started showing up during the Gypsie migrations to Europe in the Dark Ages. Devil or lit. Devel actually means God in Romani, language of the Gypsies. Romani is an Indo-European language, so we see the same word in Sanskrit, Deva: God and Devi Goddess, Deus in Latin, Theos in Greek. The idea that Devil comes from Gr. Diablos is a blatant lie. It was introduced to demonise the Gypsies during the Dark Ages.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Clearup

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
dev-IL
il is from lil.
lil is from enlil.
this guy sanctioned human sacrifice. why else would've he required that from jesus. why else would've he required that from the inca, aztecs, mayans, bablyonians, assyrians, and even the hebrews and egyptians. what was his big problem anyway?
think about it. he can't get people to agree with government sanctioned human sacrifices anymore, so now he has us kill each other over everything else.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I must respectfully disgree with your initial post. Solomon built ships along the shore of the Red Sea (Hebrew transliteration: yam sup) in 1 Kings 9:26. This same word is used for Red Sea in Exodus. You cant build ships in the Reed Sea, its a marsh. The LXX translation of Exodus also uses Red Sea. An entire army doesnt drown in a marsh, and you dont build flood gates in the sea.

Your explanation is also inconsistent with the account of the Hebrews crossing the Jordan. If God didnt stack the waters of the Jordan River, how did Moses do that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join