It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

SLAYER69
Ancient Humans Had Sex with Mystery Relatives, Study Suggests

A new, improved sequencing of ancient human relative genomes reveals that Homo sapiens didn't only have sex with Neanderthals and a little-understood line of humans called Denisovans. A fourth, mystery lineage of humans was in the mix, too.

As reported by the news arm of the journal Nature, new genetic evidence suggests that several hominids — human relatives closer than humans' current living cousin, the chimpanzee — interbred more than 30,000 years ago. This group of kissing cousins included an unknown human ancestor not yet revealed by the ancient DNA record.

Here we go.

The mystery continues. I've always said that the human family tree actually resembles a gnarled angry bush. So, we have this 'Missing link' I wonder what this will look like and where did they splice into the line?

"It's implied it could be something like Homo erectus or similar," said Carles Lalueza-Fox, a paleogenomics researcher at Pompeu Fabra University in Spain

hey, that's my uncle!

they are probably from Sicily.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Once you go Denisovan you never go back.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

EA006
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't think the PTB are capable of telling the truth. We'll never know.

OMG you're reading it right here for crying out loud. Do you think it's a secret that the OP uncovered in some back room filing cabinet wbere he had to sneak in in the dead of night wearing black and climbing a rope down from a a secret rooftop entry ?. Are there secret agents following OP around to try and keep him from revealing this truth to us. If it was a big secret we would not be reading it on ATS in spite of the name of the site.

The poster you quoted was replying to my post about the fact that the real percentage of things found being used as the 'complete picture' as portrayed in science media is probably only a fraction of the reality. Something like ''hey we found 10 pieces of a jigsaw, now we know the picture'' when the jigsaw is 2000 pieces and the picture could well be far from the guesswork currently making up the ever evolving theories.

There are probably plenty more ''mystery'' ancestors or DNA contributors to human lineage.

It is a tad annoying that media depicts science as only being that which is currently known, when in reality, known science is probably only a very small percentage of the entire reality of everything, if that.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

So why do colleges keep offering courses on the scientific disciplines if we already know it all or even think we do?
Because they know that future generations will continue to add to our story and future scientists will challenge what we know today. Einstein challenged Newton who was the grand poobah of physics until Einstein came along. Every generation adds to the knowledge and some completely change previous ideas. It's not stopping now. If it did we would not be communicating in the manner we are right now. Instead I would be writing a letter to you and putting it in the post then waiting days or weeks for your reply. In the meantime while I waited I'd be watching my black and white TV with an antenna on my roof.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

That's how discovery works . Sometimes we advance by leaps and bounds and sometimes we learn by tiny increments. No one is resting on their laurels saying there now we know it all.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: to undangle a dangeling participle and add a conjunction.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

rupertg
Once you go Denisovan you never go back.

I wanted to make a similar comment about homo erectus.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Most people would say it's evolution but who am I to rain on the ancient alien parade.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I am well aware of how discovery works, thanks.

Currently the evolution of humanity is presented as a partially complete picture based on few finds. It could well be that there are game changer finds as yet unfound.

When I was at school in the 70's /80's we were told ''this is how it is'', obviously this ''factoid'' has altered with new finds. Still there are far too many singing from the hymn sheet of ''this is exactly how it is because science says so'' you only need to read a few science threads to see this.

What exactly are you challenging in my post anyway, that some people are like this, that science has a tendency to claim facts when these facts are theories, or the media portraying science theories as fact, or are you just griping unnecessarily?

Seems like certain people find fault with others for stirring trouble. If this is your idea then save it for someone interested in your griping.

I made a valid point, another poster commented. Neither were aimed at you and neither were off topic, thread derailers, or anything else warranting your comment.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

some people realize that evolution is just a small part of it

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
No one is resting on their laurels saying there now we know it all.

true they are saying we only believe what we've read until the authors give us new stuff to read meanwhile the world moves right on past them.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's widely accepted that Homo Habilis, Erectus and Rudolfensis co existed in Africa for a significant period of time.

I can't find the link right now but there was further evidence that "anatomically none modern" humans were kept as (sex) slaves in Africa up until more recent times ...think it was circa 70,000 to 50,000 years ago.

I imagine contraception was in the "Victorian style" and I'm pretty sure alcohol/mild altering substances weren't suddenly discovered 10,000 years ago, so there alone we have an intuitive scenario where todays male sexual behavior could be easily transposed to provide a likely scenario of "any hole's a goal".

If you look around today in modern sports you see remnants of just about every cranial difference we have observed and it is very likely that we (modern humans) are basically the output of a pervasive rape, war and slavery culture that went on in our ancestral past.

You only need to look at the modern day exploitation of the "pygmy" ( excuse my politically incorrect terminology) by their geographic neighbors in Africa.

Pygmies basically live around the villages as slaves...and we all know what happens when the master comes home drunk.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The ancients say that the "Gods" (Extraterrestrials) came down and had intercourse with the Earthlings (Ape-like creatures) and that this was their downfall. We are the product of ancient sexual deviancy.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The creationists but real scientists don't believe in fairy tales. They continue to probe which is how we got the information in the opening post.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Got proof of that?
Meanwhile evolution has tons of proof. It is still occurring and will continue to occur. Sorry I don't believe the stories in the bible. It was written a long time ago for people who no longer exist.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

They don't realize it they think it. Big difference

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Sorry you had bad teachers who said this is how it is. I had teachers who said continue to seek answers.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

There are traditions of this in practically all cultures, which suggests there is a common factor / event shaping these opinions.

Whether it is as literal as that who knows, but it is feasible and solves the 'ape to man' missing link conundrum. I think such archaic origin lore has to be based on a true event or true happenings.

How many other Earth species have 'evolved' to be able to compute complex ideologies such as math, physics, abstract thinking, space travel, flight, architecture etc.?

If homo erectus was supposedly around for millions of years and hadn't evolved in to a super being and Neanderthal didn't evolve into a super being over hundreds of thousands of years, it is extremely unlikely that a similar homo sapiens evolved into homo sapiens sapiens with such an advancement in brain power even over millions of years sans an extraordinary event / mutation than enabled such brain capacity.

Seeing as Earth is but a speck in the solar system and even less in the Universe, it is entirely feasible that anything on and of Earth is from and of the Universe and originated elsewhere than on Earth. Just as Earth did, it originated elsewhere in the Universe.

For all anyone knows Earth could have formed after a massive space collision, somehow sustaining or receiving the building blocks / code for life and intelligent life from another civilization in the Universe.

If I coat a tennis ball in glue and lob it across a room to a far wall, it would pick up things in the atmosphere along the way and if dangled from the ceiling for 20 years would collect all manner of things from the atmosphere that could have originated from near, far and from space.

Earth is not unconnected from space and the Universe.

Earthcentric people might want to close their eyes for this part:

www.space.com...

When you clean your house you are probably vacuuming up space dust. Not kidding. It is the same dust that was once part of comets and asteroids. You see that dust in the faint glow it helps create before sunrise and after sunset. As much as 40,000 tons of space dust arrives on Earth every year.

Organic matter – chemical compounds containing carbon-hydrogen bonds – is actually ubiquitous throughout the universe. One of the big questions is whether organic compounds can be delivered to planets to form the basis for life. We are still not sure how life started on Earth. If this did happen, comets and asteroids are good candidates as a transport vehicle.

That would compute at 600000000000 tonnes of space dust in just the 15ma since the supposed emergence of Hominidae. Given that amino acids have been found to survive comets, it is entirely feasible that organic substance / virus /chemical structure from other civilizations could have got to Earth and induced a catalyst for mutation or the building blocks for new intelligent life form.

And that is just taking into account space dust and comets / asteroids. There is also the possibility of advanced Universe species visiting or even colonizing Earth throughout all the millions of years it has existed and given the human need for the truth and connecting to higher power as seen in practically all cultural origins, it could be humanities ancestors were more capable of realizing the truth of the matter than current science tries to.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Comet 67/P might also shed light on the suggested links between comets and the oceans and life on Earth. Comets contain water and organic material, carbon compounds which are the building blocks of life; and, during Nasa’s Stardust mission, comet Wild 2 was found to contain the amino acid glycine. Scientists recently discovered that amino acids could survive the intense heat of a collision.
“There is a lot of support for the idea that comets may have brought many of the precursor elements such as oxygen and carbon to the surface of the Earth, possibly even large molecules,” says Fitzsimmons. “But there is zero evidence for life originating from comets.” Despite this majority view, some scientists insist that comets can contain chemicals far more complex than amino acids – possibly even viruses.

edit on 10-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Good point.

There are so many interactions that fossils will never show. So many possibilities.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Even in animal husbandry, introducing a different stock is always an imrovement, i.e. healthier.

Hominids must somehow be hardwired to seek out as diverse a gene pool as possible to "evolve" the species.

All races even share a disdain for inbreeding; probably stemming from a biological impetus.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The ancients say that the "Gods" (Extraterrestrials) came down and had intercourse with the Earthlings (Ape-like creatures) and that this was their downfall. We are the product of ancient sexual deviancy.

Maybe the ancients observed changes in species' traits after meteor strikes, and it was the later transcribers/translators who just assumed the stories referred to sexual intercourse and transmission. Just thinkin' outside the box...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join