It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ephesians 5:1 Imitate God. 2 Thessalonians 2:11 God sends them a powerful delusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ephesians 5:1 Imitate God.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie. 12 So that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness

As Christians it looks like you should be sending people a strong delusion so they believe the lie.

What is the lie? What is the delusion?

I think the delusion will have no effect on true believers. They will overcome it or see through it maybe.

Is this a case for imitating God? Can and should you send a delusion?

To those that have delighted in wickedness I say yess.

Law enforcement would be a big one. The courts and jails and such. The people who delight in wickedness could be taught or sent a delusion somehow so as to believe a lie.

Believing the lie would be catastrophic. It could effectively take them out of action.

Maybe a human doesn't have the power to send a delusion. What do you think?

Is it possible to imitate God on this one and send your own delusion out into the world.

You would have to get people to believe it. That could be tricky. It would all depend on what you were trying to sell. People can be gullible when it comes to money. Like the Nigerian money scams and stuff.

That is a delusion being sent out by those that delight in wickedness people.

So send a delusion back. I don't actually know how.

Is this Gods weapon? A Psy weapon?

Write your delusion in this thread maybe. I guess it has to be part reality part false.

Something to do with good vs evil or wickedness.

It could be like a bait or trap delusion.

See as far as I can think I reckon a smarter pwerson than me could think of something that the wicked people would believe in and could propagate it.

We are already in the dark about so many things. What's another delusion. But if this one was tailored and sculptured and mass produced to destroy wicked people wouldn't that be fun? Psy Psy Psy Sigh.

Anyhow that's enough from me. Can we send delusions like God?

Leeda

edit on 9-12-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Believing the lie would be catastrophic.
I think that whatever the writer of 2 Thessalonians was predicting, it already happened.

It was probably someone writing "as" Paul after Paul was either dead or had left the Christianized areas for parts unknown.
The idea being to after-the-fact "predict" something happening, while giving apparent credibility to Paul as being a prophet.
The "prophecy" being the downfall of Jerusalem after false messiahs lead in rebellions against Rome, with dire consequences, that being the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the temple.
The "delusion" being that the Jews could actually win in a war against the Romans.
edit on 9-12-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You are already living in the delusion! The only way out of it is to love the truth and walk in it.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:19-21 KJV

Since people love the darkness rather than the light, they do not love the truth.

...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie...2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 KJV

God sends those that love not the truth strong delusion so that they should believe a lie. Since they didn't want the truth, they get just the opposite. Loving the truth leads to the light and away from darkness but you will never come out of the darkness until you seek after truth and walk in it.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 1 John 1: 5-6 KJV

If you walk in darkness then you believe the lie and not the truth. In fact you have no desire for the truth as darkness hates the light and truth as both of those expose the deeds of men.

Can people send delusion to each other? Yes, they do it every day to a lessor or greater degree. Some can even delude millions.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We, as Christians, don't send anything. That is God's to do. Men who love wickedness and believe the lie will get the delusion. People who love the truth and believe it will not get the delusion.

As far as I'm concerned, moral relativism is part of the delusion. The idea that there is no objective good or evil. That all morality is therefore relative. To me, that's one of the biggest traps or delusions of all because it let's a person believe they are a good person while also allowing them to permit great evil without condemning it.

top topics

join