It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightning Video of an creepy "Alien-thing" climbing down a apartments wall in Russia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
To me it looks like a spider/bug on the window of the building being filmed from. Not a creature on the opposing building. Light and shadow have made it appear to be where it is not. Of course that's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

SurfSpace
To me it looks like a spider/bug on the window of the building being filmed from. Not a creature on the opposing building. Light and shadow have made it appear to be where it is not. Of course that's just my opinion.

Well it's obviously not a real giant creature..... BUT, your explanation would be a one in a billion chance.
The "creature" uses the gaps in the building to put it's arms/legs as it crawls down the building, unless the creatures movements on the glass perfectly matched up with the gaps in the building opposite, then it would be impossible to do that.

It could be one hell of a coincidence, but I'm guessing CGI is more likely.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's the new Tool video. Lol

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Why is it "obviously" not a real giant creature? Is cgi the ONLY explanation your mind will allow you to accept? I guess that's understandable from a fear standpoint.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok it's an alien creature, leave it alone, it meant no harm, you just caugh a glimpse of something your eyes shouldn't be used to seeing.... yet

link   

Urantia1111

Why is it "obviously" not a real giant creature? Is cgi the ONLY explanation your mind will allow you to accept? I guess that's understandable from a fear standpoint.

Because it is obvious. What are you talking about?
There are ZERO giant creatures that scale buildings.... ZERO
It's nothing to do with fear and everything to do with reality.
My mind is open and ponders all kinds of amazing things, both imaginary and real from this world and others.

But I am willing to bet anything you want, that the video in question is NOT real and does not contain a real GIANT creature.

Name your price...

Are you willing to do the same?

link   
Well, it's a really good cgi effort ... or it's not.

But, in a note for future animation efforts, it would be more believable if it began with a likely subject, like a pretty woman undressing in the window of a neighboring apt, and then "accidentally" capturing a creepy being.

It's pretty convenient... though possible... but not probable that they just happened to catch it.

Then again, unknown critters ARE seen, so someone catching it on video isn't impossible... it's simply improbable.

But heck, good creepiness is hard to come by, so whether fake or real, it's cool you brought it to ATS. Thanks.

And yeah, that other Russian stick-man series of photos came to mind immediately, and that one wasn't debunked immediately, either... so who knows.

I'm of the careful, considered opinion that thingies like this are all over the place but are usually not visible... 'opinion' really being the important word. I hope to heck I'm not "lucky" enough to see one, though. I've had my proof in a slightly less heart-attack-inducing manner.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
yeap... we're @#$ed

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Obvious things are obvious? I think I see where you're coming from lol. So you're saying that unless you've personally seen a creature that it cannot possibly exist anywhere in the universe? And then you say you're open-minded? Not by my definition.

ETA saying "it's fake because I've never seen one of those before" is not an open-minded statement.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

---

I will do a progression of STILL CAPTURE video frames showing the progression
of the creature from the top of the building...Since I'm at work right now,
I'll have to do that this evening. So look here tomorrow for an update.

---

As an aside, I REALLY HOPE THIS AIN'T REAL !!!!

cuz that would just freak me out to no end.

the only reason I can see why an animator would go to that much trouble
to have the nearly invisible creature crawl over the ledge at the top of the
building and then come into view is to ENSURE realism which means that
this video could be part of a viral video campaign for a CGI-heavy movie
...OR...as a public demonstration of animation prowess.

---

In reply to what TYPE of program was used (i.e. was it ultra high end such as Flame),
or was it a lower end program such as Blender/Adobe After Effects, all I can say about
that is me seeing relatively INEXPERIENCED compositors and animators being able to use
the advanced workflow that the higher end programs have to refine compositions on a
nearly instantaneous basis which makes them better than someone who has to still
go through the multi-pass rendering processes of Blender/After Effects which takes
TIME to do (I've got both of them...AND an older version of Softimage)
Even though the SoftImage is running on older/slower machines, I get my flying
text titles and fancier animations done FASTER on that system than the newest
After Effects / Blender workflow. It's the combination of User Interface
and advantage of NETWORK RENDERING workflow that makes Softimage so good!

And lately, I do 3D animation so few times that even I can still get something done
to a reasonable degree simply because the interface of even the $800 Lightwave-3D
animation software feels more logical than the nearly unfathomable Blender.

In fact, I'm the perfect example of being mediocre enough that I can STILL COMPETE
against Mid Grade-B to Upper Grade-B Blender/After Effects animators on simple stuff because
my workflow is faster because of the streamlined workflows allowed by using higher end 3D software.

I wouldn't be able to make this type of animation because my version would
look soooo fake because I just don't have the artistic chops to combine timing,
art direction, lighting, etc. ... I'm more of a trademan/technician doing
"Meatball Animation" where we just get it out the door in the allotted
X-amount of time! i.e. Don't Make it Fancy -- Make it SHINY!

HOWEVER, I've been doing this enough to know what GOOD animation
looks like and THIS VIDEO is an example of GOOD 3D ANIMATION!

...at least I HOPE IT'S 3D ANIMATION !!!!!

edit on 2013/12/9 by StargateSG7 because: more info.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
CGI video [check]..... Add religious text to video [check] fear people into believe the the end is nigh [check]

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
2 years old thread from ATS about stick-like creature climbing a wall
edit on 9-12-2013 by NowanKenubi because: Don't know why... but thought creature to be white...

I was in the bug on a miniature building camp until I saw that. Interesting! I think humanity could use something like this being real, things are so un-fantastic and mundane.... Great thread, one of the best in a while!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

Two things stick out immediately:

1. In the original video, the cameraman has no significant reaction to what we, the audience, are seeing. That screams after-effects, to me atleast.

2. The figure, when moving down the side of the building, shows no momentum, no effort in working against gravity, and-- this is the biggest problem to me-- all of the movements are either too smooth to be a living thing or too stiff to be a living creature. The single biggest issue I have is just before the thing rounds the corner, it drags/slides its leg to its right. No bending of the leg, as if it were wearing a leg cast. That screams 'fake' to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Urantia1111

Obvious things are obvious? I think I see where you're coming from lol. So you're saying that unless you've personally seen a creature that it cannot possibly exist anywhere in the universe? And then you say you're open-minded? Not by my definition.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is more about Occam's razor....that being the most likely explanation is probably true.
Now it's possible that somewhere in the universe these giant, building-scaling creatures exist.
But remaining undiscovered, as they do, on our planet and with no evidence to say that these creatures exist, it's more likely that this video is the work of hoaxers.
Knowing what we do about video software and CGI and the fact that people like to fool other people and make hoax videos to get attention and to laugh and joke and get some sort of satisfaction from fooling people.... IMO, it's more likely that this footage is the work of tricksters and hoaxers.

However annoying and sensible and Anti-ATS that may be, I think it's the truth.
edit on 9/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

StargateSG7
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

---

I will do a progression of STILL CAPTURE video frames showing the progression
of the creature from the top of the building...Since I'm at work right now,
I'll have to do that this evening. So look here tomorrow for an update.

That would be great, I look forward to it! Thanks for lending your time and expertise to this thread! I also agree that this video is extremely well done from a technical standpoint, particularly in regards to the movement of the creature.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think it's a good CGI

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am fairly confident that this video is a hoax. Being a sasquatch investigator, I have analyzed hundreds of videos, and even thought this is a different subject, some of the same questions that I ask myself still apply. For instance, why was this person filming a building before the object ever became visible?

I suppose it is possible that he had seen it and then went to film it, but did not have the camera positioned well enough to capture the creature as it was higher up on the building. I find this doubtful however, seeing as how IF the person saw something this amazing, and was attempting to get proof of it, they would have made sure they had it framed up. This is unlike a sasquatch sighting, which are normally rather quick as the animal moves away from the human witness. In the video we are discussing here though, things are moving rather slowly, and there would have been time to actually frame up this creature.

The circustances just seem incredibly odd. And when you look at an animal like sasquatch, even though people still say they couldn't be real, even though they are 100% authentic animals, at least you have thousands of people who are reporting more or less the same thing. In fact, the true number of reports to have occurred in North America since the arrival of Europeans is in the hundreds of thousands. I am certain of that. We have over 5000 reported sightings just to one organization, sightings randing mostly from the last 30 or 40 years. Coupled with the fact that only about 20% of people actually report their sightings, you can do the math.

What is my point? My point is that when looking at this stick creature, I can't help but realize no one else has ever seen one or reported one. And that tells us that there is a strong chance this is fake, just some creation by the videographer. Maybe it is CGI, or maybe these are models, but whatever the case may be, I would bet money that this is not authentic.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kingcaii

---

I'm going to raise some hackles by speculating that this creature, IF IT IS REAL!,
may not be organic at all, but rather a MACHINE...an alien version of an
Autonomous Drone, but in this case which can climb, crawl and stretch
along the sides of a tall building as it sees fit!

If we humans can build what's in THESE VIDEOS:

See link to T8 3D Printed Octoped Robot video:
www.youtube.com...

Boston Dynamics Rise V3 Wall climbing robot:
www.youtube.com...

Fast Wall Climbing Robot made by India Tech Students
www.youtube.com...

REALLY CREEPY soft-shell crawling robot from Harvard:
www.youtube.com...

so......Imagine what an alien civilization can do....!!!!!

edit on 2013/12/9 by StargateSG7 because: sp.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Although the original video with this description was apparently deleted, per a comment on another thread the person recording this was apparently a movie maker who was at home. The description in the said video now removed from youtube was apparently in 6 different languages and reads as in English:

Unknown Creature with Very Long Arms and Legs Was Filmed in Russia while Climbing a Building

a strange creature has been captured by a moviemaker that was at home. the boy could see a strange sticking out of the top of a building that was right in front of your house. the creature can not be seen clearly, but we can recognize her long arms and legs which is devoted to climb the side of the building and walk along the walls through it until no longer visible by the camera.

With that being said (since the video with that description is no longer up on YouTube for whatever reason), it's not known if the person actually made the CGI (will convince a lot of people this must be the case because the person who "recorded" this is in fact a movie maker) or if they were simply recording the building, was going to make something with it and happened to have recorded it at t he right place, right time (may be camera was on a stand or something?). Who knows, that "fact" about the recorder could go a number of ways (will definitely increase skepticism as to whether or not this is "real" for a lot of people understandably).

reply to post by ItzShadyT

This is definitely an interesting thought and not one I thought about. I found something similar to what's seen on a website that put together "descriptors" of extraterrestrials by anatomy, body types, communication style, etc. and there's an image of something similar under "long arms". Apparently there have been reports of similar looking creatures in the past (ex. one report from 1973 actually by a Mike Shea in Cooksville, Maryland).
There are also some diary journals and other stories discussing similar-looking creatures "stick men".

edit on 12/9/13 by rainprincess64 because: Adding

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
[double posted, accidentally - moved to next page]
edit on 12/9/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join