It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC host equates ‘Obamacare’ with N-word

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No...........No it is not a racist slur.

This is about the laziest and most absurd reaction to the use of '0bamacare' to date.

These people, the 0bama followers and ass kissers, really have nothing left.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would agree. White people..mainly right wingers came up with the term in order to mock it. Obama took it and owned it...despite it's intentional negativity to show you can't push him around.

I think all the negativity from the right towards blacks, is the fact...that they can't push them around no more. They can't "keep them in their place".

They want a republican president in hopes it will be the same but it is not going to happen. The colored people have now seen what can be accomplished if you go on the straight and narrow path.

The generation that is now..for a some it may be to late for them..but the future generation...watch it republicans.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

"Melissa Harris-Perry" is well known for peddling the race card.

When some one utters a curse word towards another person they are literally putting a curse on that person. Obamacare is a curse word because it imposes a curse on certain segments of society.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is the same woman who said we should stop viewing our children as "ours" but instead see them as everyone's public property, our like state commodities if you will. She's verifiably insane. My son is mine, and if your son isn't doing well, it's your responsibility as a parent to find out why just as it would be mine to take care of my own kid.

But I digress. It wouldn't matter which loser in the White House proposed and passed thing thing through, it's a loser and their name would be hitched to it. It's only a matter of convenience for the grievance industry and the leftist PTB, whose baby this is, that the current loser happens to also be part-black, so they have massively overdrawn the race card in any and every circumstance to try to shame people into silence when they cry foul. This is no different.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
I would agree. White people..mainly right wingers came up with the term in order to mock it. Obama took it and owned it...despite it's intentional negativity to show you can't push him around.

I think all the negativity from the right towards blacks, is the fact...that they can't push them around no more. They can't "keep them in their place".

They want a republican president in hopes it will be the same but it is not going to happen. The colored people have now seen what can be accomplished if you go on the straight and narrow path.

The generation that is now..for a some it may be to late for them..but the future generation...watch it republicans.

... and I know folks who would say YOU are a racist for using the term " colored people".

Obamacare is appropriate. Its his signature piece for his term.. as owned by him personally. If Romney would have gotten elected and pushed through Romneycare.. it wouldnt have been racist to call it that, right? Im a "colored" myself ( according to the federal government anyway).. not black colored, but colored nonetheless. Ill call it Obamacare all day long and not feel a twinge of guilt... nor will I allow any idiotic group thinkers to force me to feel guilt.

WHY does anyone listen to that wackadoodle Perry woman anyway?!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Oh, so 0bama using the term himself is basically him being racist......of himself?

Yeah, your statement is moronic at best.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My thanks everyone. You have reconfirmed my faith.

It's good to know there are those close by to help shed light in the darkness.

Good morning all.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

ah, something new and different from MSNBC….crying racism. They harm their cause as this happens so often I completely ignore the stories now. It is the modern day equivalent of The boy who cried wolf. they have claimed racism for such ridiculous things there is no credibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by Bassago

MSNBC is obviously the MSM cable news channel that leans the furthest to the left. That said, she didn't *exactly* say the N-word and Obamacare are interchangeable, did she? She was drawing comparisons to the way in which the President has embraced the term "Obamacare," which was used a derisive term by opponents, and the way that black people have embraced the racial epithet. It's not dissimilar to how Fred Doyle originally coined the term "Big Bang" as a pejorative.

I personally winced the first time I heard the President refer to the PPACA as "Obamacare." I assume that had Democrats predicted the way things would unfold with the healthcare.gov website and insurance cancellation letters, they would have stuck to calling it the ACA or PPACA.

Maybe they should have just called it RomneyCare

edit on 8-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Really!?

You can't see the race baiting? I refuse to believe that even a democrat is that stupid!

And they could call it Romneycare it would still be a horrible ideal!

A failure is a failure, but stick to your guns, at least I can respect you for that.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Just when I thought I've seen stupidity at it's best, here you come.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wonder if anybody even thinks that MSNBC is relevant anymore. They have an almost autistic fixation on one or two issues and can't seem to focus on anything else no matter what it is. Racism and trashing republicans are what they obsess on. Their gaggle of hater gargoyles do nothing but sneer and spew venom and don't make any effort to be professional or have journalistic integrity.
And look at what they have on as hosts and analysts and moderators. They're the absolute dregs of the industry and they're either ethically bankrupt or physically repulsive or both. Or they're flirting with senility or mental health issues.
Misogynists, misanthropes, homophobes, racists, fascists, third rate hacks, MSNBC is a big tent.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wonder if anybody even thinks that MSNBC is relevant anymore. They have an almost autistic fixation on one or two issues and can't seem to focus on anything else no matter what it is. Racism and trashing republicans are what they obsess on. Their gaggle of hater gargoyles do nothing but sneer and spew venom and don't make any effort to be professional or have journalistic integrity.
And look at what they have on as hosts and analysts and moderators. They're the absolute dregs of the industry and they're either ethically bankrupt or physically repulsive or both. Or they're flirting with senility or mental health issues.
Misogynists, misanthropes, homophobes, racists, fascists, third rate hacks, MSNBC is a big tent.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

I have to give you two stars for that because it WAS worth saying twice.

2nd

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I believe this woman is half- white - which makes her a "black -white woman" Right?

Just like obama. He's committing a crime against american society - so he's a Black - White.

In the line with a Hispanic- White.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join