posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
reply to post by Habit4ming
The Ten Commandments are about honoring, morality, decency, etc...all things that laws should portray.
Oh yeah? Just a simple moral guideline all laws should portray??. Applicable to a secular justice system! eh...
1. You can't worship other gods.
2. ^Pretty much the same.
3. Don't take the Lord's name in vain.
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy.
***really applicable so far!!***
5. Honor you mother and father. (some of the kids my care home takes care of come from violent and sexually abusive parents… how should they honor
6. Thou shalt not kill. (that simple hmm? Is there no legal defense for killing in self-defense?)
7. Don't commit adultery. (Okay but what's the legality around it?)
8. "Thou shalt not steal." (Great but I think we have more elaborate laws describing this already).
9. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (again what's the legality around it?)
10. "Thou shalt not covet." (Same^).
Or do you think people need to receive legal ramifications for worshiping the "wrong" god, saying god's name in vain, failing to honor their
parents, drooling over their neighbors fancy car, etc….