It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists seek spot on Oklahoma Statehouse steps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

The Ten Commandments are about honoring, morality, decency, etc...all things that laws should portray.

Oh yeah? Just a simple moral guideline all laws should portray??. Applicable to a secular justice system! eh...

1. You can't worship other gods.
2. ^Pretty much the same.
3. Don't take the Lord's name in vain.
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy.
***really applicable so far!!***
5. Honor you mother and father. (some of the kids my care home takes care of come from violent and sexually abusive parents… how should they honor them exactly?)
6. Thou shalt not kill. (that simple hmm? Is there no legal defense for killing in self-defense?)
7. Don't commit adultery. (Okay but what's the legality around it?)
8. "Thou shalt not steal." (Great but I think we have more elaborate laws describing this already).
9. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (again what's the legality around it?)
10. "Thou shalt not covet." (Same^).

Or do you think people need to receive legal ramifications for worshiping the "wrong" god, saying god's name in vain, failing to honor their parents, drooling over their neighbors fancy car, etc….

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

As I read it these Satanists are in fact proposing the monument under the same 'guidelines' the Christian monument used as legal precedent. You talked about the hypocrisy. Let's acknowledge all of it shall we.

As I said, if they fulfill the legal requirements, I have no problem with Satanists putting up a monument.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

A pentagram is NOT a satanic symbol.

Actually it is a satanic symbol. It's the obverse of the star of Remphan. Otherwise known as the obverse side of the seal of Solomon, the symbol he used to control demons with and to violate the Torah with when he fell.

Amos 5:25-26

25 “Did you offer Me sacrifices and offerings
In the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?
26 You also carried Sikkuth your king
And Chiun, your idols,
The star of your gods,
Which you made for yourselves.

Remphan has also been known as Moloch, Saturn or Sikkuth.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That is a picture of pentagrams with symbols placed in and around them. The pentagram, in and of itself isn't a Satanic Symbol, as was stated in the article and quoted in the OP. A pentagram is about as evil as a swastika.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

windword

That is a picture of pentagrams with symbols placed in and around them. The pentagram, in and of itself isn't a Satanic Symbol, as was stated in the article and quoted in the OP. A pentagram is about as evil as a swastika.

Splitting hairs windword, it is what it is. Comparing it to a swastika is not the same thing by any means. Hitler adopted the swastika from eastern cultures because it meant "good fortune", didn't bring him good fortune though.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Splitting hairs windword, it is what it is.

Ah heck...........

And what's inside a pentagram? A PENTAGON!

See how fitting a Satanist monument outside any Supreme Court building or any other government building? Let's just call a spade a spade and let the Satanists erect their monument to America's true national religion?!

edit on 9-12-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Let's just call a spade a spade and let the Satanists erect their monument to America's true national religion?!

American's true national religion is the pursuit of money and fame… aka "Mammon" in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Money and fame applies to the pursuit of many nations.

Let's aspire for better. Drop belief systems that have no evidence to substantiate them, and bring ourselves to believe in the betterment of humanity here on Earth right now, instead of valuing a hypothetical life thereafter more.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

bring ourselves to believe in the betterment of humanity here on Earth right now, instead of valuing a hypothetical life thereafter more.

What you, and most Christians, fail to realize is that the true pursuit of the latter -- really following the teachings of Christ -- inevitably results in the former.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Oh I'm fully aware that's their belief. I just don't see that pragmatically manifesting as such. On the flip side of that same coin those same people are the ones that claim things such as 'atheists run their life on Earth and in the one in the next'. Those people fail to recognize good lives when they see them (from non-believers), I am highly suspect of their ability to even gauge their own. That and I have many other reasons to disagree a religious life is, on a whole, making lives better here on Earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join