It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Waitress (Dayna Morales) fired over alleged false claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The restaurant announced on its Facebook page Saturday that it had conducted its own internal investigation, and although it was "inconclusive," the eatery said it had come to a mutual agreement with Morales that she no longer work there. "In light of the investigation and recent events, both Ms. Morales and Gallop Asian Bistro have made a joint decision that Ms. Morales will no longer continue her employment at our restaurant," said the Facebook post, which did not specify the conditions under which she left. "We wish her well in the future.”

Source: NJ waitress in anti-gay tip flap loses job

This was discussed here at ATS in a few threads, so I thought I'd post a followup thread on the outcome. It seems she has now been fired from her job at the restaurant. I wonder if the gay advocacy website where she posted her original claim will post a public retraction? I don't know where it was, but if anyone here at ATS does know, perhaps you could post a link to any story followup they may post after this latest development.

Also I read a few days ago that the money she received in donations that she promised to donate to the Wounded Warriors Project has not arrived. a spokesperson for the group has made a public statement that there has been no donation in her name, or from her zip code in the present or recent past. SO, I wonder where that money (almost $3,000.00 I believe) has landed?
Who stiffed who? Wounded Warriors has no record of donation from lesbian waitress accused of tip hoax

Sad really that some people need to fabricate lies to make themselves feel important.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I really don't understand why people gave her money in the first place. She claimed she got stiffed on a tip, regardless if she did or didn't get stiffed or why,....it does happen in the restaurant industry all the time. It sucks, but people don't always tip.....

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I agree. I think it has to do with the perception she made that it was due to a discriminatory customer. However, as we all know now, it was all completely false. The only one that can confirm her claim is her....all other actual evidence coming to light say that they did tip her, and left no derogatory remark on the check.

Also, her previous claims regarding her military career have been proven false, and even her "friends" now say she makes crap up all the time, like her failed pregnancy due to cancer. Perhaps the donated money should go toward a visit with a psychiatrist?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Yes, I read about her military career, and false pregnancy too ....it seems she is a compulsive liar to get attention. I hope she gets help, but she won't.....

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Judging from the list of deceptions so far I wouldn't be surprised if we found out she wasn't even really a Lesbian...
edit on 8-12-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Bet ya in a few weeks she comes out and sues them, she will say they fired her coz shes a lesbo

edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Bet ya in a few weeks she comes out and sues them, she will say they fired her coz shes a lesbo

edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

It is plausible However, if you were hew manager there, wouldn't you document FULLY every al all interactions, as well as having all relevant conversations with her also attended by a legal representative or "HR person" to prevent that from happening?

I sure hope that manager did that....or it could bite them in the future. Also, regarding those missing donations, I wonder if she can be charged with mail fraud or something?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
$3,000? Hardly worth it for the time she's likely to serve over defrauding a charity and collection under false pretenses. Whatever that state has for the specific code on it. I'm sure it won't be pretty. The law rarely is toward people who knowingly rip off others while playing on genuine sympathies. (this is assuming she doesn't pop up with cash in hand, of course..just to be totally fair, eh?)

There was a girl at my college who actually dropped out and was 2nd semester i think..with a 1,200 camera. It screwed the program so they don't check out cameras anymore and they prosecuted her for it, plus the student loans that follow for life and beyond to pay back.. All for a camera they offered to forget it all on returning. Nope.. Some people are impossible to understand.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I wonder if she can be charged with mail fraud or something?

She should be charged with male fraud for that haircut.

Lady seems like a nutter butter. I've known a few people that were straight up nutball liars. They don't believe the lies, but they don't believe it's strange to lie. They know it's wrong, but they find a way to justify it. It's almost like me not missing a beat and saying 'NO!' if a woman asks if she looks fat in her dress, but on a very different scale (heh). These people seem to have a very different definition of the white lie than most. Or they think it's OK like lying to a mugger and saying you won't report the credit card stolen for a few hours.

I sort of hope the people that sent her money don't get it back. Life lesson.

Pisses me off that people are using this as an excuse to bash gay people. She was also a Marine. She's also a woman. She's also white. She's a nutter butter. Focus on that, not her sexuality.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

coldkidc
Judging from the list of deceptions so far I wouldn't be surprised if we found out she wasn't even really a Lesbian...

Actually, she's a HE!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Good it serves her right..

Now I hope her actions are reviewed by law enforcement / PA's office for possible charges.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This makes me glad.

I fact, I'm very happy.

She got what she deserved.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Reminds me of something I read on an application for a person I was considering hiring once. In the section where it asked the reason why they left their last job the applicant wrote:
Me and the boss both knew it was time for me to go.
The wording just reminded me of that.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

She didnt collected donations under false pretenses. These were donations to her which she said she would turn around and donate to them If she didn't it's not a crime. She didn't have to give the money if she changed her mind and if she got fired she probably needs the cash.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Impossible to understand like the second paragraph. What happened there? Someone left school or something and something about a camera and the number 1200. What?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

coldkidc

Actually, she's a HE!

HUH?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

She didnt collected donations under false pretenses. These were donations to her which she said she would turn around and donate to them If she didn't it's not a crime. She didn't have to give the money if she changed her mind and if she got fired she probably needs the cash.

That will be for a court to decide if she doesn't account for every last penny of what was given to her PayPal account under the pretenses she had been open and collecting people's money. When she coughs up all that money...to the last dollar...or shows where it went, with documented proof? THEN I'll believe she isn't also a felon waiting for a conviction to prove it.

Until then, I'll agree thievery and fraud are not proven. She's just a lying scumbag that lives a dishonest life in every other way. It's NOT a large stretch to make, when people are saying money sent ...hasn't been seen or heard about since.

Catch the part about lying regarding military service? There are few lower things. There ARE lower, but not many. Naww....I don't know why you sound defensive...but I hope she does every day of prison time New Jersey might allow for every penny she can't produce with an audit trail. She deserves MUCH more..but I'll settle for that.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join