It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Sacred Geometry & Fractals Found In Snowflakes! (will make You say WOOW)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hi all, Sometimes we dont know and even dont care what happen around us, but i bet if you see this spectacular image you will say WOW i dont know that can be so Amazing!

Event in Very Strange Shape :

Photographer Alexey Kljatov takes incredible close-up photos of snowflakes in his backyard in Moscow.

“I capture snowflakes on the open balcony of my house, mostly on glass surface, lighted by an LED flashlight from the opposite side of the glass, and sometimes in natural light, using dark woolen fabrics as background.”

what you say, this Snow shape lookslike something very strange, i wonder if this shape like a code, or something like that

altering-perspectives.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

These are absolutely beautiful thank you for sharing! Its wonderful the different captivating patterns that nature can produce for us. *drooling*

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

S&F, I like the pics very much. I remember in grade school for class we would catch them on cold black construction paper, and then try to draw them the best we could to see if there are two alike.

Can you believe that where I am in Alaska its raining.......

Sigh. I miss the white stuff

edit on 8-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Super cool pics cheesy

Sorry about your comet btw I was hoping for a good show just for you cos you deserved it

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Cheesy, you are Mr. Cool. S&F

Here's some more of Alexey's work. Including more snowflakes. Alexey Kljatov

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I honestly believe it has to do with frequency resonance in the atmosphere. Sound creates phenomenal shapes and the ice happens to freeze it perfectly in space and time. Just a theory, no proof or anything.

Beyond being spectacularly beautiful to look at, these shapes allow us to see, in close up, what wondrous shapes are created under no outside influences. They are absolutely the most perfect shapes and every single one is original. Impressive to say the least.

Excellent pictures!

*S&F*

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Super cool pics cheesy

Sorry about your comet btw I was hoping for a good show just for you cos you deserved it

haha dont wory about Ison, He is fine..Just Sleep a while..

Do you see the patern? how can that patern make? very singular form..very wonderful World we live in..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Klassified
Cheesy, you are Mr. Cool. S&F

Here's some more of Alexey's work. Including more snowflakes. Alexey Kljatov

Wowww look at that..how can nature produce something very tiny beautiful like that..

Tq for the Link Sir..!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Here cheesy.

Water molecules -- made of one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms each -- are ultimately responsible for the familiar six-sided shape we associate with snowflakes.

At low humidity you get simple plates and simple hexagonal blocks, Libbrecht said. At higher humidity, more branched structures.

But the physics is far from exact, Libbrecht said.

"It's a mystery as to why [snowflake shapes] go from plates to columns to plates to columns as the temperature lowers," he said. "That's one of the things I've been trying to understand. It has been a mystery for about 75 years, and it's still unsolved."

Maybe it is the frequency produced by thermal radiation between varying temperatures. The visible spectrum will produce a certain kind of flake where as higher frequencies makes a more complex one.
edit on 8-12-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

eisegesis
reply to post by cheesy

Here cheesy.

wow thats amazing! so that how the mystery solve..TQ sir!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Every one seems to have six sides with a six pointed star in the middle.

What does this MEAN?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
Every one seems to have six sides with a six pointed star in the middle.

What does this MEAN?

I dont Know what its mean by streching it arm by 6,.ummm yeah its mystery my friend..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

It's called six-fold radial symmetry an in snowflakes, it results from the underlying crystalline structure of (water) ice.

The six-fold symmetry of a snow crystal ultimately derives from the hexagonal geometry of the ice crystal lattice. But the lattice has molecular dimensions, so it's not trivial how this nano-scale symmetry is transferred to the structure of a large snow crystal.
The way it works is through faceting. No long-range forces are necessary to form facets; they appear simply because of how the molecules hook up locally in the lattice (see Crystal Faceting for how this works). From faceting we get hexagonal prisms, which are large structures with six-fold symmetry. Eventually arms sprout from the corners of a prism, and six corners means six arms.
Faceting is how the geometry of the water molecule is transferred to the geometry of a large snow crystal.

source

More detailed:

These bonds make water an unusual substance. When the temperature drops and water starts to solidify, the hydrogen bonding becomes very important. The hydrogen bonding dictates the shape of the ice crystals. You’ve learned that each water molecule is linked to four other water molecules in a tetrahedral arrangement.

As the water freezes, these tetrahedrons come closer together and crystallize into a six-ring or hexagonal structure. Look at the image to see how this happens. Each point on the hexagon is an oxygen atom, and each side is a hydrogen bonded to one oxygen. As the water approaches freezing temperature, the water molecules continue to crystallize in this tetrahedral arrangement.

But water does something unlike most substances. As it nears freezing, instead of continuing to contract, it expands slightly from about 4 degrees to 0 degrees Celsius as the motion of the molecules slows with the cold, and the hydrogen bonds extend the molecules to their fullest distance from each other. It’s like a ring of people holding hands, elbows bent, and then gradually straightening their arms to the fullest extension so that they’re at the greatest distance from each other. When water molecules do this, the hexagonal structure expands into a larger and larger hexagonal structure.

source
edit on 8-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Because nature and the universe it is encompassed within is the very expression of beautiful. Everything, From the Microcosmic to the Macrocosmic is amazingly beautiful in one way or another. Even deadly virus' under intense magnification can be beautiful.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

S&F for Cheesy!
Hey snowflake geometry is very KOOL! I didn't see my first snowflake until I was 10-years-old when I went to Winter Camp and boy oh boy was I a happy camper!!!!! It was magical.

Thank you for inspiring me this Holiday Season. Now every time I see a snowman I will think of this thread.

Ta ta!

Toni

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
dub post

edit on PM123120131211pm0931pm by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Breathtaking pics Cheezy. Best thing I've seen in a while. I don't care what kind of science we come up with to explain these things, the fact that they are SO beautiful to us makes you wonder why... what's the purpose of all this beauty if not to be appreciated by beings such as ourselves?

S+F Nice job

edit on 8-12-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
These are cool and all, but just because they have six branches doesn't make them sacred geometry.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wonder if mother earth is responsible for making crop circles, like she is responsible for making snowflakes? That one snowflake definitely looked like it had code embedded in it.

edit on 9-12-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Another S&F for you, Cheesy! You always come up with the most interesting subjects!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join