It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalar Waves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is from the bibliotecapleyades.net website but I can't really read it and I don't know whether or not it's really Bearden's work:

Link

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Mary Rose

. . . the establishment does not recognize the term "scalar wave."

Yet the term is used in alternative science.

Mary Rose
But when I tried to pull up that .pdf, it starts to download but then stops.

Perhaps there is a part of NASA that wants to take alternative science seriously, and a part that does not.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I see two instances now of terminology that is used by alternative science and should be in the dictionary but is not in the dictionary; instead the researcher is redirected to a different term, which serves to confuse things quite a bit.

On this thread: Scalar wave is redirected to scalar field.

On another thread - "A Heat Pump Is an Overunity Device?" - "overunity" is redirected to "perpetual motion."

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

(NTRS = NASA Technical Reports Server)

Mary Rose
But when I tried to pull up that .pdf, it starts to download but then stops.

I see, however, that Advanced Energetics for Aeronautical Applications: Volume II is available commercially. Link

And, someone put the .pdf on Scribd, apparently before the link was broken:

NASA has identified water vapor emission into the upper atmosphere from commercial transport aircraft, particularly as it relates to the formation of persistent contrails, as a potential environmental problem. Since 1999, MSE has been working with NASA-LaRC to investigate the concept of a transport-size emissionless aircraft fueled with liquid hydrogen combined with other possible breakthrough technologies

ntrs.nasa.gov...

It was posted on Scribd May 07, 2013.

The NASA document is dated April 2005. Apparently it was part of the NASA Scientific and Technical Information Program.

Using google's advanced search and the URL for the Scribd posting of the document, I got this:

Isn't that interesting?

Scribd link

edit on 12/09/13 by Mary Rose because: Add

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Mary Rose
It was posted on Scribd May 07, 2013.

Hmmm. Why do those two dates match? Because May 7, 2013 has nothing to do with "Dr. Thomas Valone's Writings on Scalar Waves" but is instead the date the NASA document was uploaded to Scribd, I presume.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a brilliant man who did his own research rather than accepting mainstream dogma. If one accepts mainstream dogma as authority because it's "peer-reviewed" and what your university education taught you so it has to be correct and alternative scientists and researchers are "crackpots," 'liars," and "scammers," look out - you're deluding yourself:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Mary Rose
I see two instances now of terminology that is used by alternative science and should be in the dictionary but is not in the dictionary; instead the researcher is redirected to a different term, which serves to confuse things quite a bit.

On this thread: Scalar wave is redirected to scalar field.
The rational wiki has all the definitions of scalar wave I know of explained reasonably well in layperson terms:

Scalar Wave
They give it two explanations, one in real physics, and one "in the land of woo".

In real physics:

In physics, a quantity described as "scalar" only contains information about its magnitude. In contrast, a "vector" quantity contains information both about its magnitude and about its direction. By this definition, a "scalar wave" in physics would be defined as any solution to a "scalar wave equation".[4] In reality, this definition is far too general to be useful, and as a result the term "scalar wave" is used exclusively by cranks and peddlers of woo.

Solutions to scalar wave equations are actually quite prevalent (and useful) in physics. Some prominent examples include acoustic (sound) waves, the motion of a taut string being stretched (such as a guitar string being plucked), and the motion of waves in water (such as the ripples from a stone being dropped into a pond). In contrast, electromagnetic waves are vector quantities derived as solutions to a set of vector wave equations (in this case Maxwell's equations).

The concept of a "scalar field theory"[5] also exists, and plays an important role in several branches of physics. It should be noted that while no scalar field has ever been observed in nature, the physics behind scalar field theory is still sound. In fact, it is believed that the Higgs boson may provide the first evidence of such a field (the Higgs field is hypothesized to be a scalar field). In comparison, "scalar waves" have never been observed in nature, and are rooted in sound physics about as well as the average chemtrail is rooted to the ground.

In the land of Woo:

The main current proponent of scalar wave pseudophysics is zero-point energy advocate Thomas E. Bearden, who has concocted an entire pseudoscientific "scalar field theory" unrelated to anything in actual physics of that name. It starts with Maxwell's equations originally having been written as quaternions; Bearden holds that the (mathematical) transformation to vectors lost important information.[1]

Bearden says that scalar waves differ from conventional electromagnetic transverse waves by having two oscillations anti-parallel with each other, each originating from opposite charge sources, thereby lacking any net directionality. The waves are conjugates of each other, and so, if left unperturbed, can pass through ordinary matter with relative ease. So they are not included in mainstream physics. They don't work like ordinary longitudinal waves either. (Got that?)[6]

You can apparently make scalar waves with a bifilar coil (one wound with a pair of wires instead of a single wire) and pushing opposing currents through the wires (join the far ends together). So if you want to experiment with this stuff, you can build a remarkable just-post-steampunk lab filled with coils and wires and sparks.[7] The really astonishing thing about this — which fascinated Tesla for years and years[8] — is that you can pour practically limitless amounts of power into such an apparatus and achieve precisely nothing other than converting electricity into heat.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Mary Rose
Advanced Energetics for Aeronautical Applications: Volume II

The following screenshots are taken from the NASA document uploaded to Scribd. Dr. Thomas Valone is the author of Zero Point Energy: The Fuel of the Future.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Mary Rose
The following screenshots are taken from the NASA document uploaded to Scribd. Dr. Thomas Valone is the author of Zero Point Energy: The Fuel of the Future.

It sounds as if he is saying that:

Scalar waves are electrostatic waves that vibrate longitudinally. (In contrast to electromagnetic waves which oscillate laterally.)

Scalar fields are analogous to voltage fields, but without direction, and they are everywhere.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Mary Rose

Mary Rose

It sounds as if he is saying that:

Scalar waves are electrostatic waves that vibrate longitudinally. (In contrast to electromagnetic waves which oscillate laterally.)

Scalar fields are analogous to voltage fields, but without direction, and they are everywhere.

In your definition of a scalar field you also included part of the definition of a vector field. Mary we already told you this theory is garbage.I even took the time to explain why his math fails yet here we go again.
Ok so ill try a different way lets start first there are no scalar waves! So im going to sort of use math to explain it to you. The words vector, scalar and magnitude are mathematics terms.you need to understand that they dont apply to anything in the known universe they have no substance. What they are is a tool we can use to help us understand real things, basically it allows us to compare two things and how they relate to each other.Theres two important variables in physics speed and direction what a scaler is is a measurement of the amount or value of either of these two at a specific point.

So lets say we throw a baseball and i want the scalar at a particular point in its flight will say my measurement says at this point it had a value of 60 now as of yet i dont know if this value is 60 mph or 60 degrees from the person who threw it. All i have is a scalar now i pick another point again this time a i check and this time i get a scalar read of 57. Well now i have two points and two values i now have whats called a vector. I can determine the distance between my two points look at the value and i can see the ball slowed down im measuring velocity. A vector field is an area where the values changed between my two points.

So scalar field is nothing but a bunch of values at a point in space time while a vector field is a measurement of the effects of those values. Does that make sense ? Im trying to make this as easy as possible.

Thats why when you see terms like scalar wave its a free energy scam or there talking about HARP or ive even seen them used in chemtrail pages. Its simply a misunderstanding by the person using it because they dont understand the math equations involved.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

dragonridr
Thats why when you see terms like scalar wave its a free energy scam or there talking about HARP or ive even seen them used in chemtrail pages. Its simply a misunderstanding by the person using it because they dont understand the math equations involved.

Okay so NASA is a part of the scam and NASA is all confused, too.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

dragonridr
Its simply a misunderstanding by the person using it because they dont understand the math equations involved.

Prof. Konstantin Meyl is German and wonders about the education of Americans. I'm American and I wonder, too.

My opinion about the education in the states is not the best. Lets help to improve it. Link

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Mary Rose
Link

I just noticed that there is a conflict between the title of that article if I read it from the tab on my browser vs. the title on the page itself.

On the tab it says "Tesla's Scalar Waves Still Beami..." but on the page itself it says "Tesla's Scalar Fields Still Beaming On!"

The whole article is about waves not fields.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'm not so sure about that.

Who wrote the paper? Who did he work for?

Why was it written? What does it really say?

Those are a few of the questions a researcher might want to know the answers to.

I don't think this is the smoking gun you seem to believe it to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Mary Rose

dragonridr

No mary you are what the site from NASA is is there open disclosure your seeing raw research materials posted by actual scientist. Often times in raw research they have scalar mentioned usually when studying plasmas like the sun. So a scientist could get the bright ides to say scalar wave propagation in a solar medium. What he means is hes discussing wave propagation in a solar medium and this is his scalar data. just for an example.Doesnt mean he thinks there are scalar waves. Then someone with no clue finds this it ends up posted on scribe and hundreds of other websites as proof for some theory there trying to sell you.

Ive seen it several times in research they say scalar wave equation. it doesnt mean the waves are scalar because to have a wave they become vectors.This is only as complicated as you want it to be.
edit on 12/10/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Mary Rose

dragonridr
Its simply a misunderstanding by the person using it because they dont understand the math equations involved.

Prof. Konstantin Meyl is German and wonders about the education of Americans. I'm American and I wonder, too.

My opinion about the education in the states is not the best. Lets help to improve it. Link

Professor Meyl should be teaching elementary school science.Since his poor understanding of dual harmonics he wasnt ready to be moved up to colleges. But every now and the a college board makes mistakes. And if you like ill be more then happy to contact him and tell him he has little understanding in physics and needs to stay in conventional science.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Mary Rose

I'm not so sure about that.

Who wrote the paper? Who did he work for?

Why was it written? What does it really say?

Those are a few of the questions a researcher might want to know the answers to.

I don't think this is the smoking gun you seem to believe it to be.

Could be anyone registered to use the sight like NASA scientists independent researchers.Also its a disclosure site meaning anyone who sends information or receives information from NASA very well could be any computer you email them some scientific research it will show up on there for a while. Just any easy way for NASA to share data.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
See that 'CR' in the document number? It's a contractor report, for the advanced energetics group, now defunct.

They pay some grant money to a contractor and say 'write me a report on this stuff' and that's what you get back. They publish that stuff as-is. I've seen others that were worse. The infamous 'ZOG' paper that Bearden wrote that ended his AF career was a lot more entertaining.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Bedlam
See that 'CR' in the document number? It's a contractor report, for the advanced energetics group, now defunct.

They pay some grant money to a contractor and say 'write me a report on this stuff' and that's what you get back. They publish that stuff as-is. I've seen others that were worse. The infamous 'ZOG' paper that Bearden wrote that ended his AF career was a lot more entertaining.

I actually read that thats funny forgot all about that one! In fact cost him his job if i remember correctly.Thought id add thanks for the laugh.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Bedlam
The infamous 'ZOG' paper that Bearden wrote that ended his AF career was a lot more entertaining.
Is it one of these papers?

www.cheniere.org...

If so, which one?

If not, any idea where I can find it? I cold use a little entertainment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join