It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles Cases Triple in U.S., Vaccine Refusal Here and Elsewhere to Blame

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

That is insane. Don't breastfeed to increase the effectiveness of a vaccine for one illness? Seriously?

My oldest had the oral rotavirus vaccine. He instantly projectile vomited all over the nurse that gave it to him, thoroughly soaking her. That must have been his way of declining the offer..

Breastfeeding is a great benefit in so many ways but, in this country, people seem to have forgotten that feeding babies is what boobies are made for. That is their biological function. Most seem to think that they are just there to be gawked at. It's okay to walk around with your boobs practically hanging out, but whip one out to feed your baby, and well... you better go hide in the bathroom so as not offend anyone's sensibilities. *eye roll*

Your plan for your future baby sounds like a great one.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here is a list of the side effects of the MMR vaccine....

The drug company that makes the MMR vaccine publishes an extensive list of warnings, contraindications, and adverse reactions associated with this triple shot. These may be found in the vaccine package insert available from any doctor giving MMR, and in the Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) at the library.(8,9) The following afflictions affecting nearly every body system -- blood, lymphatic, digestive, cardiovascular, immune, nervous, respiratory, and sensory -- have been reported following receipt of the MMR shot: encephalitis, encephalopathy, neurological disorders, seizure disorders, convulsions, learning disabilities, subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE), demyelination of the nerve sheaths, Guillain-Barre' syndrome (paralysis), muscle incoordination, deafness, panniculitis, vasculitis, optic neuritis (including partial or total blindness), retinitis, otitis media, bronchial spasms, fever, headache, joint pain, arthritis (acute and chronic), transverse myelitis, thrombocytopenia (blood clotting disorders and spontaneous bleeding), anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions), lymphadenopathy, leukocytosis, pneumonitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, urticaria, pancreatitis, parotitis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, meningitis, diabetes, autism, immune system disorders, and death

I'll take my chances, and so will my kids

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Mexico has universal healthcare. While I'm sure that there are some Mexicans that refuse to utilize that while in their country, the truth is that you are probably more likely to be infected by a non-insured person in the U.S...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yeah it's a completely asinine conclusion in that study. Instead of just saying "babies who are breastfed don't need rotovirus vaccine" they instead state mothers should stop breastfeeding, regardless of the multiple benefits from breast milk.

Also, the nursing in public thing really pisses me off. I think it's a huge women's right issue.

There are fat male #ers walking around that need the equivalent of three bras yet a women can't feed her baby in public.

Feed the baby with body parts that are NOT sexual organs and you get charged with a sex crime. There are places in the U.S. where women have had to register as sex offenders for breastfeeding in public.

More often than not, the laws in this country makes me very disappointed.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I was unaware Mexico had universal health care, but here most everyone who doesn't have insurance has access to free vaccines. At least where I am the health department has a vaccination clinic and when my daughter didn't have insurance and needed to have some one year before starting middle school, they did them for free.

But I wasn't just calling out Mexico, many come through there from even poorer countries in South America. I live in an area that has an extremely high number of migrant workers that don't come from some of the larger or more populated areas. Believe me when I say these people will live in shacks with dirt floors or no running water, or 15-20 in a single wide trailer and their living conditions are way better than where they came from. Sure, they don't complain because they don't know better and they are also here illegally so they don't want to get in trouble, but when you live like that and it's a hundred percent improvement from where you did come from, I tend to think those are not people who take advantage of medical care.

And I also wonder if these illnesses are not becoming resistant to vaccines due to mutations. Just like how antibiotics aren't effective against infections because they have built a resistance to antibiotics and mutated.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

How many children die or are seriously disabled from the list you posted?

Interested to look at the statistics , are they ever put up against the pro MMR vaccinations numbers for deaths without the vaccine?

Lets take a look at just one of that list Autism:-

The number of children with autism in the United States continues to rise, according to a new report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The latest data estimate that 1 in 88 American children has some form of autism spectrum disorder. That's a 78% increase compared to a decade ago, according to the report.
edition.cnn.com...

childstats.gov...

74,000,000.00 @ 1 in 88 = 840,909 children in the U.S , so are the numbers of children dying from not having this MMR vaccine anywhere just near that number for one of the conditions stated in that list.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You know what aggravates me?

"You have a small chance of catching this disease, a small chance of passing it on, and there's a small chance that somebody could die from it. You have a personal responsibility to take this vaccine that may or may not help prevent it because the pharmaceutical companies and the government agencies that are on their bribe payrolls say that this is how it should be."

It bugs me more than the people screaming about all vaccines being loaded with pure concentrated evil.

Why? Because it's the same logic that allowed the NSA, the TSA, and a whole host of other rights-denying, freedom-curbing statutes and agencies to take root.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I agree completely on the Hep B vaccine, unless the babies of uninfected mothers are going to walk right out of the hospital to immediately shoot drugs and have unprotected sex, it isn't necessary. It should be on a case by case basis.

Considering a daycare is listed as one of the high risk places for hepatitis infections (granted, for A), but more importantly, that the hepb virus can live outside the body for a week, I think it's one of the most important shots someone can get.

How long does the Hepatitis B virus survive outside the body?

Hepatitis B virus can survive outside the body at least 7 days. During that time, the virus can still cause infection if it enters the body of a person who is not infected.

www.cdc.gov...

Remember that kids roll around on the floor all the time. Many people with hep infections are not even aware. You could be at a relatives house and your kid is chewing on something with hepb on it, rubbing it in their eyes, god knows…

The point being that there is something which can prevent something that could possibly cut 20-30 years off your kids life if they develop complications.

Today we all know about hepatitis, years ago people just knew about dying from cirrhosis of the liver.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Not to mention this study:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So the advice is to not breastfeed so their rotovirus vaccine will work?

No, it simply says delay during the time of vaccination (in the specific case that the study was talking about). It's just a study, thousands are done every year. And it doesn't say the scheduling. If I tell someone not to breastfeed for two days, it does not mean I am telling them not to breastfeed at all. Most importantly the study was done in developing countries.

First note what the study is referencing: the live oral rotavirus vaccine. It is not a study on all vaccines, or even 2 specific vaccines. It’s a study done on ONE vaccine. By saying that “CDC researchers support stopping breastfeeding to improve vaccine effects” misleads the reader into thinking this pertains to ALL vaccines. It does not.

Next, click on the link and read what the study is all about. In short, researchers have noticed that the oral rotavirus vaccine is particularly ineffective in poor and developing countries, versus developed countries like the United States. They studied breastfeeding women from India, Vietnam, South Korea, and the United States.

Notice the numbers of women studied in each country: 40, 77, 35, 51, respectively. This is, by no means, a large study. This is considered an incredibly small study.

And then note their findings. Women in India had the highest amount of titers in their breast milk, followed by Korean and Vietnamese women, and American women had the lowest titers. A titer test measures the level or presence of antibodies in the blood. [source] If a person’s titers are high enough towards a disease, in this case rotavirus, they have a lot of antibodies for that disease and can be considered “immune” to rotavirus. What puzzled these researchers was that the rotavirus vaccine fails more often in poor countries despite high titers for rotavirus.

The most important part of this studies lies in the interpretation of the study. I will quote it in it’s entirety:
The lower immunogenicity and efficacy of rotavirus vaccines in poor developing countries could be explained, in part, by higher titers of IgA and neutralizing activity in breast milk consumed by their infants at the time of immunization that could effectively reduce the potency of the vaccine. Strategies to overcome this negative effect, such as delaying breast-feeding at the time of immunization, should be evaluated.

vaxtruth.org...

My oldest had the oral rotavirus vaccine. He instantly projectile vomited all over the nurse that gave it to him, thoroughly soaking her. That must have been his way of declining the offer..

I'm sure if I fed your baby garlic paste it might vomit it out too, not to say garlic is bad for you, it's good for you actually!
edit on 8-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm sure if I fed your baby garlic paste it might vomit it out too, not to say garlic is bad for you, it's good for you actually!

I sure if you gave the child dog # , they would do the same thing , how is that any sort of rational?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Watch out Boncho with all these facts people will start thinking you are a government shill

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

You could say that is rising due to the increased pollution, the food people eat..it can't just be vaccines.
I work with people with autism and your stats may show a rise due to the fact that diagnosing people has gotten much better as our understanding of autism.
edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah , Yeah and Venus is conjunct mars , and don't forget its all that swamp gas that the pregnant mothers are breathing in.

In 1996 there were 70.2 million in 2013 74.5 million children in the U.S

that's a difference of 4.3 million over 17 years. Autism has increase 78% in the last decade(The measles-mumps-rubella-varicella combo (MMRV vaccine) vaccine has been available since 2005)

en.wikipedia.org...

So we have 8 years of MMRV since 2005 and we have a 78% increase in Autism over the last decade (10)

Sort of points to a relationship in my books.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by boncho

I sure if you gave the child dog # , they would do the same thing , how is that any sort of rational?

It's not. That was my point. We don't feed babies or give them medicine strictly based on how they react to it. I suppose we should stop giving people morphine after car accidents because they are "afraid of needles", or letting people walk around with syphillis for the same reason.

But thanks for adding to my point.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by boncho

Watch out Boncho with all these facts people will start thinking you are a government shill

At least the money is good. $0.00298343 per post. Why do you think my post count is so high?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here is a list of the side effects of the MMR vaccine....

and the chances of getting any of those that are more than an irritation??

It is a disclaimer - because your society will sue for anything and everything.

Congratulations on missing the forest!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Am I wrong? nope.

www.nhs.uk...

www.cdc.gov...

singularityhub.com...

Doctors are better trained so they can see the signs better, remember there is no medical test (blood test ect) they can do to find out If someone has Autism.

Many things can cause Autism including genetic, viral infections while pregnant,air pollution, pesticides to just point the finger at vaccines is folly and frankly stupid also dangerous for society.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yet another embracing our ignorance thread at ATS...

Who woulda thunk it?

ATS is supposed to be full of bright independent thinkers...

Yet here we have another thread embracing the 'Disease' model.

Vaccines do NOT prevent disease... They CAUSE it.

What more proof than 'Flu' vaccines do ya'll need?

'Medical Science' sells themselves (and their numerous USELESS products) as 'Scientists' but the sad sad dirty little truth is it's all about cash flow... and they are TOTAL charlatans.

Quite frankly too stupid to follow the 'Science' of their own circular logic dogma.

If you'all are vaccinated up... what exactly is your fear of the ignorant, unwashed masses not subscribing to this idiotic mania of 'vaccinations'?

Here is the real truth...

Tada! Disease only prospers in unhealthy people!

If you eat anywhere near close to properly, you will NOT become affected by disease.

If you don't poison yourself by exposing yourself to toxic materials/environments, you will NOT become affected by disease.

Most (if not ALL) disease is caused by modern living.

At the turn of the century (1900's)... NO ONE died from heart attacks. NO ONE!!! There was NO SUCH disease. Tada!

Yet here we are... despite the vast resources brought to bear by these ridiculous charlatans, it is the leading cause of death...

(Hard to get away from that one
)

Remember these idiotic 'doctors' selling 'vaccinations' are exactly the same morons pushing CHEMOTHERAPY, the most vile toxic poisonous substances you could ever think of, in an insane attempt to counter the effects of a highly poisoned body, they inject large doses of a poison SO TOXIC, the nurses typically industrial toxic material handlers gloves...

Trust me... They DON'T want that stuff even TOUCHING their skin!

Oh... by the way you owe us $300,000!

I couldn't help but notice that the numbers on how many people die per year due to this insanity called 'modern medicine' are curiously missing from this oh so informative thread.

If you guys need any more insight into... a little thing I like to call REALITY, just ask.

It is quite simple. And the truth is ALWAYS quite simple.

I'm fairly certain we can rescue you from your Dark Ages thinking!

(And YES... the cause of Autism is 100% from vaccinations! You would think even a charlatan would understand that... All Autistics have received inoculations. No one who was ever NOT inoculated has became an Autistic.

Like I said... Simple truths.
)

edit on 8-12-2013 by golemina because: typos/PS

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's been a confusing couple of weeks in vaccine-related news. First came the results of a recent study which found "no link" between the current vaccination recommendations and autism, then the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (also known as "vaccine court") awarded millions of dollars to two children with autism for "pain and suffering" and lifelong injury-related medical expenses.

Huh? But I thought they just said there was no link between ... wait, I'm confused. If vaccines don't cause autism, why did the government pay millions of dollars to autistic kids as compensation for vaccine injury? I'm no expert, and there's not a ton of information out there on these particular cases (because access to medical records has been blocked from public view), but I'm wondering if this doesn't all boil down to a system of semantics designed to protect the medical powers-that-be.

Follow the money , who does it benefit the most .......................BIG FARM.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Now you are just making stuff up.

www.livescience.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

I agree eat better and you will not get as sick. But to say no one died of heart disease in 1900 is just lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join