It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research of the beast of Revelation. Possible April 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

winofiend

SRS82
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee"

The Messiah himself spoke in parables, so evil people won't understand.
edit on 8-12-2013 by SRS82 because: messiah

"Do your own research, do not trust any man."

proceeds to use the bible for evidence of .. something.

.. DUDE. MEN wrote the bible.

That's why I don't believe in everything that is written in the bible.

For starters, it is a translation.

The scriptures are inside the bible though, you gotta read it carefully.

edit on 8-12-2013 by SRS82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

SRS82

mOjOm
reply to post by SRS82

Ok, but is the Book of Revelations a Parable??

Is it obvious and easy to understand if you don't seek knowledge of the things of the creator?

No.

Well let's look at the data shall we?? Over the years there have been countless scholars from everywhere along with cons and fakes and maybe even a few learned people who have spent countless hours researching and writing books and speeches decrypting biblical texts of all kinds, correct?? So I guess if what you're saying is correct, then all those people and everyone who claims to "know" what's being said must all actually not really be "seeking knowledge of the creator" as you put it. They are all holding different "truth's of God" because they aren't "seeking" it honestly or to whatever standard you're measuring their effort.

Or is it that they are in fact seeking knowledge of the creator just as much as anyone else, including you, but they have come to understand it differently because it isn't clearly obvious in it's teachings. It is able to be interpreted in various ways.

I know plenty of people who "Seek" such knowledge honestly and to make the claim that their counter understanding of the same stories and ideas that vary are incorrect because that person wasn't "seeking God" properly just wouldn't be correct or even honest to make such a claim. Plus it goes against all visible data. It's not obvious or simple to understand for ANYONE. That's why everyone has a different "claim to the real truth".

But, my real point to begin with was that "Revelations isn't a Parable" which is what you were sorta claiming earlier.

(Quick edit on that statement above. The use of the word Parable is being used specific toward your earlier use being "Parables of Jesus Christ". Meaning the Gospels spoken by Jesus then written down by someone else. Revelations is a totally separate book not related to the Gospels. Just thought I'd clear that up because I can see where what I wrote could be misunderstood very easily."[/e]
edit on 8-12-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Spookybelle

SRS82

mOjOm
reply to post by SRS82

Is it obvious and easy to understand if you don't seek knowledge of the things of the creator?

No.

Exactly.

Maybe God made Revelations so confusing so that he could separate the people who actually get the message as opposed to those who focus on trying to figure it out.

There is no special message hidden in Revelations and its a distraction that non-believers fall for while searching for understanding.

A true Christian simply understands that Revelations is not some riddle to be undone but God saying that the end times will not be very pretty.

If your distracted looking for hidden messages you are not following Gods Word.

So you're saying that the OP is NOT getting the message because he's "Figuring Out" the message from the bible in this very thread???

Once again is this idea that a "True Christian" just understands the Real Truth of the Holy Word of Our Most High LORD GOD!!! But that is BS because not any Two True Christians that I've ever seen can ever totally agree. So I guess that must be because they Just don't have what it takes, or they weren't "chosen" to know, or they aren't "seeking" properly. It's a lie. I mean come on, how many thousands of people are still to this day UnConfusing the word of God for everyone else???

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe I'm uninspired, but I find it very difficult to even attempt to make predictions based on literal readings of text supposedly written 2000 years ago of which we don't even have the original material. Anybody can sit down with a scotch in hand and come up with all kinds of interpretations that would be as valid as anyone else's, and which more than anything would just reflect or advance his own beliefs and prejudices.

It's fun though, to see the interpretations people come up with.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

mOjOm

SRS82

mOjOm
reply to post by SRS82

No.

Well let's look at the data shall we?? Over the years there have been countless scholars from everywhere along with cons and fakes and maybe even a few learned people who have spent countless hours researching and writing books and speeches decrypting biblical texts of all kinds, correct?? So I guess if what you're saying is correct, then all those people and everyone who claims to "know" what's being said must all actually not really be "seeking knowledge of the creator" as you put it. They are all holding different "truth's of God" because they aren't "seeking" it honestly or to whatever standard you're measuring their effort.

Or is it that they are in fact seeking knowledge of the creator just as much as anyone else, including you, but they have come to understand it differently because it isn't clearly obvious in it's teachings. It is able to be interpreted in various ways.

I know plenty of people who "Seek" such knowledge honestly and to make the claim that their counter understanding of the same stories and ideas that vary are incorrect because that person wasn't "seeking God" properly just wouldn't be correct or even honest to make such a claim. Plus it goes against all visible data. It's not obvious or simple to understand for ANYONE. That's why everyone has a different "claim to the real truth".

But, my real point to begin with was that "Revelations isn't a Parable" which is what you were sorta claiming earlier.

(Quick edit on that statement above. The use of the word Parable is being used specific toward your earlier use being "Parables of Jesus Christ". Meaning the Gospels spoken by Jesus then written down by someone else. Revelations is a totally separate book not related to the Gospels. Just thought I'd clear that up because I can see where what I wrote could be misunderstood very easily."[/e]
edit on 8-12-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

I think that you didn't read the second line of my first post:

"Do not take this text as absolute truth, do your own research, never trust any man."

You seek the things of the creator if you love him.

That's what I'm trying to do.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

mOjOm

Spookybelle

SRS82

mOjOm
reply to post by SRS82

No.

Exactly.

Maybe God made Revelations so confusing so that he could separate the people who actually get the message as opposed to those who focus on trying to figure it out.

There is no special message hidden in Revelations and its a distraction that non-believers fall for while searching for understanding.

A true Christian simply understands that Revelations is not some riddle to be undone but God saying that the end times will not be very pretty.

If your distracted looking for hidden messages you are not following Gods Word.

So you're saying that the OP is NOT getting the message because he's "Figuring Out" the message from the bible in this very thread???

Once again is this idea that a "True Christian" just understands the Real Truth of the Holy Word of Our Most High LORD GOD!!! But that is BS because not any Two True Christians that I've ever seen can ever totally agree. So I guess that must be because they Just don't have what it takes, or they weren't "chosen" to know, or they aren't "seeking" properly. It's a lie. I mean come on, how many thousands of people are still to this day UnConfusing the word of God for everyone else???

Exactly correct.

When you waste time trying to uncover the meaning of the texts you miss the glaring message that is right in front of your eyes.

The message God wants you to get from the Bible is not a difficult one to grasp, its accepting him and trying to live a good life as best you can according to some general principles he has laid out for us.

That's it.

When you get tied up in this meaning or that meaning you miss the larger point. Your not going to Hell if you don't understand what revelations means. Your not going to Heaven if you do.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

donyeyo
Maybe I'm uninspired, but I find it very difficult to even attempt to make predictions based on literal readings of text supposedly written 2000 years ago of which we don't even have the original material. Anybody can sit down with a scotch in hand and come up with all kinds of interpretations that would be as valid as anyone else's, and which more than anything would just reflect or advance his own beliefs and prejudices.

Exactly!!

Same thing I was getting at above. Any debate about the True and Correct Meaning when it comes to Biblical texts seems to degrade quickly from actually discussing the material to one side making the claim that the other is wrong and the reason they are wrong is because for some reason they are not a "True" enough follower to understand what is actually written.

It's just making an unsubstantiated claim of Higher Intellectual Superiority over another about "What is True". While putting the blame on the other person and their apparent shortcomings mentally or spiritually for why "they believe the wrong things." That just isn't intellectually honest to do toward another in my opinion.

It's like saying, "Well, you're wrong because you don't really love God properly and that's why you are too stupid to understand the bible for yourself." That's just wrong and rude.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

mOjOm

donyeyo

Exactly!!

Same thing I was getting at above. Any debate about the True and Correct Meaning when it comes to Biblical texts seems to degrade quickly from actually discussing the material to one side making the claim that the other is wrong and the reason they are wrong is because for some reason they are not a "True" enough follower to understand what is actually written.

It's just making an unsubstantiated claim of Higher Intellectual Superiority over another about "What is True". While putting the blame on the other person and their apparent shortcomings mentally or spiritually for why "they believe the wrong things." That just isn't intellectually honest to do toward another in my opinion.

It's like saying, "Well, you're wrong because you don't really love God properly and that's why you are too stupid to understand the bible for yourself." That's just wrong and rude.

Men compiled the bible.

You'll be deceived if you don't read it by yourself.

If you don't want to understand what is written, what's the point?

You'll be worshipping a fake god designed by your mind or by priests/pastors minds and not the god of the scriptures.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

SRS82

"Do not take this text as absolute truth, do your own research, never trust any man."

So shouldn't you also question "the Man" and how trustworthy "His" word is that wrote it. Or the Trust in those who decided to include it in the bible. Who may have "corrected" the translations even.

I mean just how much do you Trust that it was God who intended The Bible anyway. It's written by men who say God inspired every word through them. But so what. What else would you expect them to say?? Something like, "Ya this is just some cool stuff I came up with to convince people to think and act in the way I want them to act."

I don't think that would be enough to make it stick for some people, ya know what I mean??

And if you're still working on understanding the message of what is written, how can you make the claim that someones "love for the creator" of that message would have any effect on them understanding the topic they are researching.

Are you saying that God uses his Divine Power to confuse people if they don't Love Him Enough??
If that's how it works then nobody would ever have a chance. How would anyone be able to Truely Love Something that they are still trying to understand while having thier ability to understand it reduced even more for not getting it right away??

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

mOjOm

SRS82

So shouldn't you also question "the Man" and how trustworthy "His" word is that wrote it. Or the Trust in those who decided to include it in the bible. Who may have "corrected" the translations even.

I mean just how much do you Trust that it was God who intended The Bible anyway. It's written by men who say God inspired every word through them. But so what. What else would you expect them to say?? Something like, "Ya this is just some cool stuff I came up with to convince people to think and act in the way I want them to act."

I don't think that would be enough to make it stick for some people, ya know what I mean??

And if you're still working on understanding the message of what is written, how can you make the claim that someones "love for the creator" of that message would have any effect on them understanding the topic they are researching.

Are you saying that God uses his Divine Power to confuse people if they don't Love Him Enough??
If that's how it works then nobody would ever have a chance. How would anyone be able to Truely Love Something that they are still trying to understand while having thier ability to understand it reduced even more for not getting it right away??

I'm not going to debate over that.

If you already read the whole bible and apocrypha books and other related things and did whatever you could and still don't believe, that is up to you.

The predictions and the prophecies that I posted is the goal of my thread. If you want to add anything related to them or show me some mistakes I'll be happy to talk about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Spookybelle

When you get tied up in this meaning or that meaning you miss the larger point. Your not going to Hell if you don't understand what revelations means. Your not going to Heaven if you do.

Yet to some, the Meaning they seem to get from it would have them believe that not only are you wrong to believe what you just said, but that just the fact that you would hold such an idea as true makes you one of God's Mistakes which has chosen to defy Him and so will now be cast away forever.

Such a divide between such deeply held personal beliefs has caused many more and even deeper divides between people coming together. Which makes you wonder if the reason why the Messiahs, Buddha's, etc. through time only Spoke to truth to People rather then actually scribing any of it themselves. It's always this 2nd hand Truth which everyone is supposed to believe in rather than getting it from the source.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

SRS82

If you already read the whole bible and apocrypha books and other related things and did whatever you could and still don't believe, that is up to you.

The predictions and the prophecies that I posted is the goal of my thread. If you want to add anything related to them or show me some mistakes I'll be happy to talk about it.

I actually think your theory is cool and interesting not to mention a great job on linking up details and symbols and texts to come up with a somewhat unique answer to the riddle of what is really being said within prophetic scripture. So I wouldn't even try and claim to know if you are wrong or right at all. I'm not sure if anyone could.

But since I doubt the credibility of the Source Material including the Reliability of the Source itself, I do not yet see how probable it is that there is even some valid hidden truth to be found in it regardless of how many points of it you can link together.

It's like working on a Theory about text written by Nostradamus. Before trying to decipher the Truth from his Cryptic Style of Prophetic Works, I find it first important to verify if there is any such Truth to find there in the first place. Or else all I would really be finding is just wild ideas being created by myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yes, the thread is very well done and quite interesting indeed.

Apologies if I detracted from your point. That was not my intention.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Spookybelle
Yes, the thread is very well done and quite interesting indeed.

Apologies if I detracted from your point. That was not my intention.

It is fine.

I kinda derailed it too with my first reply to you.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

mOjOm

SRS82

I actually think your theory is cool and interesting not to mention a great job on linking up details and symbols and texts to come up with a somewhat unique answer to the riddle of what is really being said within prophetic scripture. So I wouldn't even try and claim to know if you are wrong or right at all. I'm not sure if anyone could.

But since I doubt the credibility of the Source Material including the Reliability of the Source itself, I do not yet see how probable it is that there is even some valid hidden truth to be found in it regardless of how many points of it you can link together.

It's like working on a Theory about text written by Nostradamus. Before trying to decipher the Truth from his Cryptic Style of Prophetic Works, I find it first important to verify if there is any such Truth to find there in the first place. Or else all I would really be finding is just wild ideas being created by myself.

The theory is not mine. I wrote the whole text that I posted here though.

I learned it from different people. I researched the things that I have been told and it made sense to me and then I added a few things to it.

I understand that you don't believe it and you're right, you shouldn't believe anything before even thinking and researching, unfortunately that's what most people in the church are doing.

As I said before, I do not believe everything that is written in the bible.

The bible was compiled by priests who believed in pagan gods in the Council of Nicea. In my understanding, Constantine adulterated and changed the scriptures for personal gains. How do I know what's wrong and right? By connecting the dots between the false teachings of the church, they don't teach what's actually written and studying ancient civilizations. And here I'm again derailing the thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SRS82

There are a few others I've read like this which also tied many different "clues" so to speak, together to form very interesting and strangely detailed answers to what Revelations is actually trying to explain. What I've always found incredible is just how many links are actually made. They all seem so unlikely to happen while individually each clue is sorta odd and out of place on it's own too.

This all makes it so much more amazing and ironically also more believable. Because such strange connections just don't seem possible if they don't actually fit together, right??? At least that is the effect it seems to have.

Yet after many of those same "Ah Ha!" moments over time, you start realizing that maybe such "rare gems" as these clues and ideas seem to be, they really aren't as Unique and Impressive as they seem to be. I sometimes think maybe we find things to be more impressive and special than they really are and we just don't realize it right away.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

mOjOm
reply to post by SRS82

There are a few others I've read like this which also tied many different "clues" so to speak, together to form very interesting and strangely detailed answers to what Revelations is actually trying to explain. What I've always found incredible is just how many links are actually made. They all seem so unlikely to happen while individually each clue is sorta odd and out of place on it's own too.

This all makes it so much more amazing and ironically also more believable. Because such strange connections just don't seem possible if they don't actually fit together, right??? At least that is the effect it seems to have.

Yet after many of those same "Ah Ha!" moments over time, you start realizing that maybe such "rare gems" as these clues and ideas seem to be, they really aren't as Unique and Impressive as they seem to be. I sometimes think maybe we find things to be more impressive and special than they really are and we just don't realize it right away.

We shall see.

At least I'm sure that you'll remember this if it turns out that I'm right and you'll be one less person to be deceived.

If I'm wrong maybe I really shouldn't trust anyone, even myself. I don't think that will be the case

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SRS82

Well, if you're right then I'll gladly buy you the first beer during our waiting time before Judgement and congratulate you on your well done research. However, since you being right also includes Pope's coming back from the dead and all manner of Supernatural Events, stars falling from the sky and war between angels and demons and all the rest, I'm sure we'll both have other things to amaze and worry ourselves with. But I would certainly give credit where credit was due!!

But if you're wrong, then you'll just be one of hundreds of others who took a shot at solving a possible mystery but came up short. Things will be like they have been so far, just normal and that's ok too. In fact in comparison I'd probably choose Normal over Biblical War as would most I imagine.

Only time will tell I guess. Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here's my take... I'm sorry if i'm off topic... The Bible is made up of words and stories to make you "THINK"! Not to "think" what the meanings are, but to ponder your thoughts about YOU! Through your pondering, you will gain knowledge and wisdom of YOU, that will come to you through intuition! Intuition is a knowing, which is knowledge! Knowledge and Wisdom is Enlightenment of YOU, through you and by YOU. Depending on what you've pondered, which is what your thinking and wanting, will become your knowledge or wisdom, which will become your belief, which in turn will come to what you expect of YOU! The Bible in all realty is The Book of The Law of Attraction... The Bible to ME, and only Me, is not about breaking the code, translating hidden messages or what God means... To me it's about wanting, expecting and believing what I've created through my thoughts of ME, through Enlightenment. Its not about words or phrases or songs or psalms, but my thoughts! I AM, AM... YOU ARE, YOU... The Bible is a guide to help me, you and those to become "ME, YOU, and THOSE"! God, Buddha, Yahweh etc... are the names of enlightened state of minds, of ME, YOU and THOSE...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting post, thank you.

Why do you cherry pick the specific random letters from the Pope's name to come up with 666? If there is not a reason other than it needs to add up to 666 then you should just leave that part out.

Is it true that his tomb is always on camera? That seems very odd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join