It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Trinity - The Trichotomy of Being

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this short and simple because it seems that too much detail and length discourages thoughtful responses around these parts..

As I see it, just about EVERY "teaching" that is offered in this world contains some degree of Truth mixed along with a compensating amount of Lie.. This is not always due to a conspiracy, but also can be the result of misunderstanding and/or ignor-ance.. The Holy Trinity is no exception!

As many people have become familiar with this subtle combination of Truth/Lie inside most religious teachings, I simply want to put forth an interpretation of "the holy trinity" that might be more grounded in reality instead of abstract thought/blind faith..

This is the system I am re-interpreting which is supposed to describe the three aspects of the "God Head", if you are not familiar:

..The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit..

"The Father" - The Christian conception of the paternal God-figure who is omniscient and all-wise..

"The Son" - Supposedly Jesus of Nazareth who came to save humanity from damnation..

"The Holy Spirit" - the very vague and rarely talked-about aspect of the God-Head which is supposed to permeate all things..

These three characters are supposed to complete the being of a MONOtheistic God and are described as being aspects of God, instead of three gods in a Tri-theistic system of belief..

NOW for my interpretation..

It seems to me that this Trichotomy does indeed hold some truth in describing the condition of a living-being but i believe that the description of these categories is incomplete and misunderstood after being spun in a religious context..

THIS is what I see..

The Father = The DNA -or- The Map -

our parents very literally give us life and pass on a map of possibilities and tendencies onto their offspring.. like any map, it gives key information in certain areas, and misleading information in others. This can be seen as an archive of data which is built upon past experience. While this data can indeed provide shortcuts and advantages, it is ONLY based on the past and experimentation and investigation are the only ways to know for sure..

the navigation of this data is made by..

The Son = The Free-Will -or- The Compass -

Our consciousness which is always Now. This consciousness is not bound by the past or definitions of "what is possible", but in fact explores what "could be".. This is also called The Intuition and provides a link into Truth without any causal thread to "how" one knows this Truth..

when used in unison with "the map" one can easily navigate..

The Holy Spirit = Existence -or- The Territory -

This is everything that seems to be "outside of the self" and the world in which we must "adapt" and collaborate with.. When it is truly understood, one describes themselves as being "grounded with The Earth" and learns to abandon Fear and theories which depict The Universe as a hostile place..

Again, all three of these aspects are always simultaneously active and cannot be isolated..

but it does seem that most people are innately grounded to one of these areas or another, but a balance can only be found when all three are considered..

for example:

One who is grounded only in "The Map", might tend to be a determinist and feel that we live in a mechanical universe..

One who is grounded only in "The Compass", might tend to be an artist but one who is pretentious and gullible; buying into trends and New-Age type philosophy which leads one to "chase their own tail" so-to-speak..

One who is grounded only in "The Territory", might tend to become a monk or shaman which concludes that the only way to live a happy life is to submit ENTIRELY to the environment and flow of things, instead of actively participating in Life..

Now, what say you? Are these categories and concepts synonymous?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I say follow the middle path, its the only way out of the maze. The other paths are like the Capitol beltway.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

Two questions for you.

1) Why the Christian overlay? Of all the triads you could have picked (and human spirituality has hundreds of them), I am curious why you chose God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit; the divinities of, arguably, one of the least "free-will" oriented spiritual paths on Earth. What made you choose that schematic?

2) How does this system help someone, like me, organize their life, make sense of the events and experiences presented to them, and answer the difficult questions? Symbolism and metaphor is all well and good, for sure, but, a symbol that is only symbolic of another symbol, and has no underlying context or meaning, is an empty symbol. I'm not sure if I understand how DNA, free will, and territory—symbolic of God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost—actually help me make sense of life.

I hope those are fair questions, since it seems like you wanted honest feedback on what you had presented.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
First, a technical point : the suffix "-chotomy" implies conflict. I don't think that's how you meant to use it. I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, just trying to be helpful. Second, consider that the "Holy Spirit" is a patriarchal distortion of what was originally the consort of the Father, in other words, the Mother. Your thoughts are worth while. Keep it up.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thank you for your response, and I think you made some absolutely fair comments!

1.)

Why the Christian overlay? Of all the triads you could have picked (and human spirituality has hundreds of them) I am curious why you chose God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit; the divinities of, arguably, one of the least "free-will" oriented spiritual paths on Earth

I see what you're saying, and it is not the system i would use for analogy if i were writing a book, but it is exactly because Christianity is usually presented as being skeptical of free-will (or portraying it as the origin of Evil) that I am just outlining or refining the system in a way it was perhaps originally intended, in it's beginnings..

2.)

How does this system help someone, like me, organize their life, make sense of the events and experiences presented to them, and answer the difficult questions?

I apologize if i seem to be creating more symbols for symbols, but my intent is simply to outline a secular system of viewing the Nature of Being rather than create a more convoluted, esoteric system.
Buddhism has this goal at it's heart, but the cult-ure around it has obscured these points by absorbing them into it.

For example: which questions are the difficult ones..?

Buddhism seems to suggest that they are only the questions in which we decide we are not ready to answer.. We already KNOW the answers to "life's questions" or "questions of morality" or anything that "spirituality" is supposed to be able to answer for us.

However, for most westerners to use Buddhism to get to the bottom of what I am describing, they must first be able to open oneself to another Culture and this is rare.. this is also why I chose to use Christianity as an analog; most people are familiar with that popular, yet very vague system..

I'm simply suggesting that a system of thought be created based in experience instead of belief or faith.. If one can accept and integrate ALL that one experiences (which is and isn't THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE at the same time..), it can only follow that one is truly Free..

Lemme know if that's helpful at all

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

I suppose the "Trichotomy" in this case is the Christian Holy-Trinity, whose parts seem in conflict (in how abstract they are and only form a complete system with the acceptance of loads of dogmatic Belief Systems a.k.a. B.S. haha..)
But in re-interpreting this system, I am attempting to point to a naturally whole system which can be seen as having three aspects, although still a part of whole (as when I point to the three corners of a triangle, they can be spoken of as independent aspects, but still parts of a whole..)

I also could have used the three phases of water, which would have been more appropriate to my personal way of looking at it, but I suppose I was just focusing on the possibly intentionally misunderstood three-pointed system which is most popular in English-Speaking countries.. Whether by conspiracy or not, Christianity has confused and condemned far more people than it has helped and "saved", in my humble view..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

hahaha, well said.

I don't think that Buddhism is a whole system in itself, but the Middle Path is definitely its most valuable concept in my view.

I once heard a great way of portraying The Buddha's original intent:

"Because it is commonly assumed that all-is-permanent, The Buddha suggested impermanence so as to balance this common assumption.. In this way, he was not teaching a view of impermanence, but rather implying The Middle Path"

thank you for your comment! ^-^

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Good thread, S&F.

I have a similar line of thought when it comes to the Trinity, except I see it as the Father, Mother, and Son. I also believe that the Trinity represents existence itself as well.

The Father is the Spirit, the part of ourselves that we do not see. It is the information giver, the part of us that sends thoughts and emotions. The Father is actually the Holy Spirit as well, they just used it twice in order to remove the Mother aspect of God.

The Mother is Earth, the physical and material universe around us, it is the part that we can see. Our bodies and the world around us is the Bride (Mother) of Christ (Father), not the church as Christianity wants us to believe, they are actually the whore of Babylon.

The Son is where both the Mother (Bride) and Father (Christ) meet or are "married". We are the Son, the receiver of the thoughts and feelings that both the Mother and Father relay to us. We are the perceiver of the universe, we are the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15) as well, not only Jesus. We are the "image" because the only thing we ever see is the image we possess, we are locked into our own unique perspective of the universe.

Think of it like this: the Father is the painter, the Mother is the painting, and the Son is the canvas (image) in which the painter paints his painting. In reality though, we are all three combined into One because we are physical (painting), spiritual (painter), and the image (canvas).

Or you could think of it as an infinite line of numbers, where the negative numbers (unseen) represent the Father, the positive numbers (seen) represents the Mother, and zero (where the seen/unseen positive/negative meet) represents the Son. We are the middle point, where everything comes together.

We are the light of the world because our image (the only begotten Son/consciousness) lights up the world around us. We are the Son of God and we are all One, hence "only begotten Son". Christianity has intentionally convoluted and placed what we ALL are onto one man in order to keep us from knowing the truth, that we are ALL eternal beings and will never die because life will always go on. Death is only an illusion for those left behind.
edit on 3101000CST313 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Think of it like this: the Father is the painter, the Mother is the painting, and the Son is the canvas (image) in which the painter paints his painting. In reality though, we are all three combined into One because we are physical (painting), spiritual (painter), and the image (canvas).

thank you for this, I really appreciate this analogy being a painter myself. I especially like the idea of "the Son" as the canvas.. Since i see that aspect as equivalent to the Free-Will, i have come to visualize this part of my mind as Tabula Rasa which indeed does imply a blank canvas!

I have a personal analogy that relates to music, but that will probably hafta be its own thread haha. Basically it is a question as to whether "the mind of the musician resides in the player (hands), the instrument, or the song" but it is a bit difficult for me to put certain thoughts into text..

While I see what you mean in your system, it just makes the most sense to me for "the parents" to occupy the first category because they are both contributing to the DNA/map of their entire ancestry yanno? Though i do understand that you mean the Earth-Mother, i think that The Holy Spirit/Territory essentially outlines this, because it is all-pervasive and timeless.

but the beauty of a trinity system is that all three factors seem equally interchangeable, and even when one gets as abstract as the Christians in speaking of it, there is still something that intuitively rings-true about a trinity or tri-angle..

just as with the geometric nature of the triangle, you can try to draw a PERFECT equilateral system and measure each sides to the greatest possible precision, or you can try to distort the form and draw the most oblong, obtuse system you can manage..
either way, you cannot avoid describing the form of the triangle, no matter the distortion, so "truth" is still conveyed to those with the mind to look..
although the vantage point viewing the oblong system is perhaps less clear than the equilateral triangle, it is really the interpretation that matters..

thank you for your thoughts!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I also think it's interesting how you talk about The Mother and The Bride being synonymous because i'd been recently thinking about how it was perhaps intentional that Christ's mother and apparent lover were both named Mary..
i'm still pondering it, but it seems that a cycle might be implied here..

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

It's also interesting how the church ended up labeling Jesus' lover or "bride" Mary as a whore. In all reality, the church is the real whore because they stole the title of the Bride for themselves.

The name of the men who founded the church were named Paul and Peter, Paul means "small" while Peter means "rock". What is the Earth but a small rock (in comparison to the universe) floating in space?

Mother Earth is both the Mother of the Son and Bride of the Father. The true body of Christ is not the church, it is the physical universe. And yes, I do believe that Jesus' mother and lover being named Mary is more than just a coincidence.

top topics

join