It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVOLUTION NOW!!!! Ukranians BEHEAD statue of Lenin! Martial law next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

jhn7537
They destory Lenin's statue on the assassination anniversary of John Lennon... Coincidence??? Yes......
. WTF? Are you kidding? Far Out Man!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

A country has to have certain criteria before they can join the EU...they are way off at the moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Good luck to you lot in the Ukraine, you can carve your own destiny here.

I completly agree with you on this topic, I hope that all will turn oi tell for them. But they are in the uttermost difficult situation, the bridge between Asia and Europe. This country of peace is now in one of the most testing times. However can I just say the people don't actually know what they are compaigning about. They don't know what the EU is, I think actually the original compaign was started to get attention then others just joined. Also can I just put out that yours taking thousands of people standing out there compared to the millions of humans loving in the country! It's only a small proportion not large.

alldaylong
reply to post by starfoxxx

We don't need people like this joining The EU

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't judge a book by its cover is all I have to say on this topic! Hey people had the guts to stay there in the FREEZING cold to campaign, not bad. And actually have you actually been to the country and met the people. I'm not a fan of euro 2012 however I do remember it being in the papers how surprisingly hospitable the host country was.

Thanks for reading this
I'm only new ahaha

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

alldaylong

starfoxxx

alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds a bit posh if you ask me..

You stating them joining the EU is a bad for the EU's resources?

People make a country.
Not what it has.
what do you mean? In relation to the Ukranians joining the EU do you find them barbaric?
edit on 8-12-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Justmea

Ukraine is not a cold country ! Its right next to Turkey and in winter which is short, temperature hardly goes colder than -20 and average winter temperature is 0°C..
Now in my country´s north we had today -38,5 C lets talk about freezing temperature..

Conclusion
Warmer the country is.. more corrupted it is ( like fungus growth )

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

boymonkey74

A country has to have certain criteria before they can join the EU...they are way off at the moment.
What are then criteria and what does the ukraine need to do still?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

All you need to know is here.

europa.eu...

Not exactly sure what they are missing but they do not qualify yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
RT is blaming the US and Eu.

rt.com...

A snippet.

RT: Now, interestingly, this debate has gone beyond the EU borders because America has got involved, we’ve heard from the US Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, just this week, saying that an EU association would bring Ukraine back to economic health. Why do we have this involvement from America do you think?

PY: Well, of course when you’ve got a situation where the mayor of Toronto in Canada has been found smoking crack coc aine and he’s twice as popular in opinion polls locally as the US president is nationally in the United States of America, you have of course the fundamental reason why again in the political cycle the Obama government is discredited. They cannot implement health care, they have managed to have a string of failures in foreign policy, now what they’ve gone to, is they’ve gone back to the old neocon model of regime change one point zero. And that is absolutely disgraceful because we of course had great hope, the happy change thing of Obama has now become a myth and ultimately the terrible tragedy is that the people of Ukraine, the innocent, reasonable people who want to work for a better life, have become pawns in an extra-terrestrial supra national game, being led by the European Union and the USA in order to try and make it look to their domestic constituencies as if they’re capable of doing something in foreign policy.
edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by Justmea

Ukraine is not a cold country ! Its right next to Turkey and in winter which is short, temperature hardly goes colder than -20 and average winter temperature is 0°C..
Now in my country´s north we had today -38,5 C lets talk about freezing temperature..

Conclusion
Warmer the country is.. more corrupted it is ( like fungus growth )

Ahahaha oh wow how much that is true
however the average temp in winter isn't 0 it's colder then that and well it used to be much colder ahaha not anymore
but hey it's what I've been told

starfoxxx

boymonkey74

What are then criteria and what does the ukraine need to do still?

As I know it, they need to release the ex prime minister timoshenko but the government refuse because of it might ruin the relationship with Russia as its because of Russia she's in jail.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I would say pretty much all what you can find from EU pages.. but last summer these were the issues they had not worked out.. which includes pretty much most criteria
Eu gives Ukraine until may ...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

boymonkey74
RT is blaming the US and Eu.

rt.com...

A snippet.

RT: Now, interestingly, this debate has gone beyond the EU borders because America has got involved, we’ve heard from the US Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, just this week, saying that an EU association would bring Ukraine back to economic health. Why do we have this involvement from America do you think?

PY: Well, of course when you’ve got a situation where the mayor of Toronto in Canada has been found smoking crack coc aine and he’s twice as popular in opinion polls locally as the US president is nationally in the United States of America, you have of course the fundamental reason why again in the political cycle the Obama government is discredited. They cannot implement health care, they have managed to have a string of failures in foreign policy, now what they’ve gone to, is they’ve gone back to the old neocon model of regime change one point zero. And that is absolutely disgraceful because we of course had great hope, the happy change thing of Obama has now become a myth and ultimately the terrible tragedy is that the people of Ukraine, the innocent, reasonable people who want to work for a better life, have become pawns in an extra-terrestrial supra national game, being led by the European Union and the USA in order to try and make it look to their domestic constituencies as if they’re capable of doing something in foreign policy.
edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

From what i know RT is just an arm of the russian contrlled media. Is RT a true unbias look at this? They seem to be right on russias side.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

starfoxxx

alldaylong

starfoxxx

alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds a bit posh if you ask me..

You stating them joining the EU is a bad for the EU's resources?

People make a country.
Not what it has.
what do you mean? In relation to the Ukranians joining the EU do you find them barbaric?

It's a long document but worth a read:-

library.fes.de...

edit on 8-12-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ukraine - the bridge between East and West! The only reason for all this fighting over it. I'm also surprised that this topic has not yet raised in the British news. Well not that I've seen yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Justmea

Right on the bbc site.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The problem for the Ukranian gov is that while the EU brings a carrot, Russia brings a stick. Everytime Ukraine starts talking to the EU or NATO Russia closes the border to Ukranian exports, cuts off the gas supply etc. As Ukraine goes so does Moldova. Having lost most of the other fomer Soviet Republics to the West or China Russia seems to only have a hold on Armenia, Belarus and Ukraine. The Ukraine has a huge chance at economic growth with the EU and none with Russia but, Russia is far more willing to threaten Ukraine than the West ever would be. If the Gov falls it will interesting to see what Russia will do. As its global influence continues to fade, keeping control in its own backyard is vital in Russias view. Miltary action would be a huge mistake as it would cause Europe to get nervous and begin a new wave of military growth that Russia can not compete with. China to the east, insurgancies to the south and NATO to the west, Russia is in a bad way unless they start working with the West.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not bbc breakfask, okay I MIT be wrong. well anyway I haven't heard people talking about it found where I live.

Sorry for not being so read up on this topic ahaha

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

MrSpad
The problem for the Ukranian gov is that while the EU brings a carrot, Russia brings a stick. Everytime Ukraine starts talking to the EU or NATO Russia closes the border to Ukranian exports, cuts off the gas supply etc. As Ukraine goes so does Moldova. Having lost most of the other fomer Soviet Republics to the West or China Russia seems to only have a hold on Armenia, Belarus and Ukraine. The Ukraine has a huge chance at economic growth with the EU and none with Russia but, Russia is far more willing to threaten Ukraine than the West ever would be. If the Gov falls it will interesting to see what Russia will do. As its global influence continues to fade, keeping control in its own backyard is vital in Russias view. Miltary action would be a huge mistake as it would cause Europe to get nervous and begin a new wave of military growth that Russia can not compete with. China to the east, insurgancies to the south and NATO to the west, Russia is in a bad way unless they start working with the West.

Nice synopses!

The figures are staggering. Look at the hundreds of thousands of people
out there protesting.. Russia might be willing to bring down the hammer on them if need be.
If the ukranian hold out long enough, they might actually win..

Im pissed i see no guy fawkes mask out their..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Justmea

www.bbc.co.uk...

On the front page also.

I heard rumbling of this a few days ago but the protest only happened today.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The last polls done in the county show only 42-45% of the population supports EU integration .. so the majority should bow to the wishes of the minority and sell their sovereignty to Brussels?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think this is about doing away with the soviet style of government, they are rallying against corruption in their politicians.
They need EU backed money which will help them out.
Maybe they just want out of Russia and the EU and want to be free to decide their fate themselves..
I wish some Ukrainians would come to ATS and help us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join