It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVOLUTION NOW!!!! Ukranians BEHEAD statue of Lenin! Martial law next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Angry anti-government protesters toppled a statue of former Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin in the center of Kiev on Sunday and blockaded key government buildings amid huge street protests, raising the stakes in an escalating standoff .
"Ukraine is tired of Yanukovych. We need new rules. We need to completely change those in power," said protester Kostyantyn Meselyuk, 42. "Europe can help us."

Packing Independence Square as far as the eye could see, Ukrainians waving European Union flags sang the national anthem and shouted "Resignation!" and "Down with the gang!" in a reference to Yanukovych's regime.

Protesters then took turns beating on the torso of the fallen statue, while others lined up to collect a piece of the stone. The crowd chanted "Glory to Ukraine!"
Out the government
"Goodbye, Communist legacy,"

Lenin Statue DESTROYED

I am not sure how much everyone has been following the story, but people
in the Ukraine are TAKING A HUGE a stand..

Could the Russians consider entering Ukraine to restore order? No doubt under consideration. Frightening prospect, and a reminder of the quick war in Georgia in 2008.

In short their president, said no to further merge with the EU, and move further away form
Russia...

Russia sure as hell does not want this.

It sounds like the government put in place in the Ukraine are really puppets for Russia..

The people are joining and now *OCCUPYING* in thousands.

They are shutting down government services and are saying they WILL NOT QUIT
until their anti-EU president steps down..

Kyiv’s central Independence Square DEC8

Is this just the sign of the times??

Also me thinking, why the HELL DO THEY STILL (did still) have statues of Lenin??

Should America take notes and maybe do something of this themselves?

I believe we as people in America do this, we would be shot easily, hands down..
Sad sad world.

edit on 8-12-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hope the Russians respect the wishes of those people, If not this could turn ugly.
I don't think the EU will do anything but If anything this will widen the rift between the Russians and the EU.
Good luck to you lot in the Ukraine, you can carve your own destiny here.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Hmmmmmm and then weeks later (or maybe days) "We have news reports of Russian Troops occupying the streets of Kiev"

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ukraine has been independent since 1991 so this is not really a russian issue... reason to the civil unrest in Ukraine is that their President Viktor Yanukovych doesn´t want Ukraine to join EU. Maybe Russia has some pressure over Ukraine still but honestly EU has never been a great idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I hope the Russians respect the wishes of those people, If not this could turn ugly.
I don't think the EU will do anything but If anything this will widen the rift between the Russians and the EU.
Good luck to you lot in the Ukraine, you can carve your own destiny here.

It is good hoping!

I am more incline to see the Russians send in their jackboots to squash these protests..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

dollukka
Ukraine has been independent since 1991 so this is not really a russian issue... reason to the civil unrest in Ukraine is that their President Viktor Yanukovych doesn´t want Ukraine to join EU. Maybe Russia has some pressure over Ukraine still but honestly EU has never been a great idea.

What would be better for them??

To stay exactly where they ?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Russians have plenty to lose If the Ukrainians reject them totally, the Russian naval bases for the Black Sea Fleet one based in Sevastopol...that is the Russians submarine bases.
They lease it due to the Ukrainian–Russian Naval Base for Natural Gas treaty which caused much controversy in 2010 when it was signed.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You go girl fight for your countries future!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Regarding the thread title, I attempted to address the looming topic of Marshall Law in a post not too long ago:

See this post - Marshall Law

Martial Law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis.

Marshall Law is a totalitarian regime where all laws are made and upheld by Dr. Rick Marshall from Land of the Lost.

There is a big difference between the two that people should familiarize themselves with.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just reading a bit more about it and even though they do not have the means to join the EU at this time, it has gone from people wanting closer ties to the EU to a total regime change because they do not trust their politicians anymore.
Sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
CIA all over it. Pretty impressive operation , really top notch work , makes ya proud to be an American.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hard to tell, but Eu has been going downhill because of the corruption and bureaucracy issues some countries have like Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy and if Ukraine will be part of EU its only one more country with major corruption and bureaucracy issues.

They do have some spacecraft technology and knowhow but the current system is so badly corrupted that when they solve their domestic problems they could have a great future.. EU is not an answer and doesn´t really afford to pay for another corrupted country IMO

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
CIA all over it.

I agree with that bit of your post, I hope the rest of it was sarcasm?

Why on earth do they want to join the EU, thats just running from one monster into the arms of another

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We don't need people like this joining The EU

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They destory Lenin's statue on the assassination anniversary of John Lennon... Coincidence??? Yes......

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Regarding the thread title, I attempted to address the looming topic of Marshall Law in a post not too long ago:

See this post - Marshall Law

Martial Law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis.

Marshall Law is a totalitarian regime where all laws are made and upheld by Dr. Rick Marshall from Land of the Lost.

There is a big difference between the two that people should familiarize themselves with.

Thanks buddy, got it fixed..
Do you have any thoughts on this subject other then that>?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds a bit posh if you ask me..

You stating them joining the EU is a bad for the EU's resources?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Of course it was sarcasim, but seriously, if they can do this? Wow, it just hit me, imagine what we don't know what event in history was totally fabricated, manipulated by them. Fascinating.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

starfoxxx

alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds a bit posh if you ask me..

You stating them joining the EU is a bad for the EU's resources?

People make a country.
Not what it has.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join