It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Wilson Dies at age 82/ British Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I wrote a letter to Colin in 1980 concerning my Criminal last names idea and received a polite reply

My original thread has gone over 62 K views..
www.davidicke.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Hey,

I wanted to say thanks for the heads-up on the passing of Colin Wilson. He has been an important writer in my life and it is sad to hear that he is no longer with us.

Thanks again.

Cthulhu phthagn!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Another great thinker gone (or as he might say, 'changed and no longer obviously active in our common "living" environment').

His works are very enlightening, entertaining and hold some truly revolutionary (at the time) thinking. He is another who has had massive influence on our collective pool of ideas and is largely under-the-radar. He had a huge effect on my generation's view of reality.

Well, now he can find out if poltergeist's are human mind creations (or tulpas) or actually external spiritual entities (if either exist independently of one another).

The world is even dumber now. Thanks for the (possibly) melancholy news.

And I use 'possibly melancholy' as a caveat in the sense that a couple breaking up can be seen as a joyous time when each is free of a horrible situation, and thus life might be a 'bad relationship' for all we know, and death a time of celebration...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Bybyots
reply to post by cathar

. He has been an important writer in my life and it is sad to hear that he is no longer with us.

Cthulhu phthagn!

His books had a big impact on my life as well...Especially the Sci Fi classic The Mind Parasites and his non-fiction works....
Before the internet there were not very many sources of information about the kind of topics that Wilson wrote about....

top topics

join