It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers That Be are perfecting divide and conquer techniques within society itself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They are doing all that they can to stop us from becoming powerful groups of people capable of critical thinking and peace and respect for one another. They cancelled My Life as a Teenage Robot. They ruined Family Guy by killing off Bryan, and they ruined YouTube as of 2013. They ruin school systems to strip away respect and peace and they want to enrich a tiny elite at the cost of the rest of us. They are using Divide and Conquer and nearly nobody wants to do anything about it. Do they fear something similar to church of trek would take over entire nations, overriding the government's oppression and societal oppression to be yourselves without fear of prosecution? They want to divide and conquer because it's easier to take advantage of a bunch of dummies than an organization of educated critical thinkers who are sometimes weird and unite under certain obsessions.
www.hulu.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowGhost

This has been going on for a long time, this is not a new trait that is being used. We are the sheep. I have strayed and no longer wish to be part of the flock that is eventually going to die because of their desire to trust a corrupt shepherd.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hm, I fear I fail to see how killing Brian in Family Guy will make us divided as a society... Or how cancelling a show would enable us to be conquered...

But yeah, in essence, you're right, Divide and Conquer is TPTB's main tactic.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

rickymouse

This has been going on for a long time, this is not a new trait that is being used. We are the sheep. I have strayed and no longer wish to be part of the flock that is eventually going to die because of their desire to trust a corrupt shepherd.

Nicely put.
Unfortunately its you and me, and the rest who stray, that will be sought out and removed, they only want the good sheep.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think you are correct.

Free-thinking people are beginning to unite on a few things.

The Sheeple will wake up....I see it happening.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The ignorant masses have been the sacrificial lambs to elitist control techniques for a very very long time.
The techniques are getting much more advanced, but to say perfected, I would say not quite.
PR/propaganda/social engineering is a subject that interests me greatly. Which is why I havent owned a tv for about 3 years.

EDIT: I would also like to add, the complacency of the elite combined with the speed of information due to the internet, the methods of TPTB are starting to backfire on them, and are becoming transparent to those with the eyes to see.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSun, 08 Dec 2013 14:22:59 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

OneManArmy
The ignorant masses have been the sacrificial lambs to elitist control techniques for a very very long time.
The techniques are getting much more advanced, but to say perfected, I would say not quite.
PR/propaganda/social engineering is a subject that interests me greatly. Which is why I havent owned a tv for about 3 years.

EDIT: I would also like to add, the complacency of the elite combined with the speed of information due to the internet, the methods of TPTB are starting to backfire on them, and are becoming transparent to those with the eyes to see.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSun, 08 Dec 2013 14:22:59 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

I havent owned a tv for about 15 years. Now that you dont watch the WMD (weapon of mass deception) have you been able to notice the influence it has on people? Its a huge influence, far greater than I was aware of when I first got rid of the damned thing. I listen to people and I know its not them talking, its the television!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

VoidHawk

OneManArmy

I havent owned a tv for about 15 years. Now that you dont watch the WMD (weapon of mass deception) have you been able to notice the influence it has on people? Its a huge influence, far greater than I was aware of when I first got rid of the damned thing. I listen to people and I know its not them talking, its the television!

Oh yes, I watch my sister get so emotionally attached to "Im a Celebrity get me out of here" that I cry inside. I watch her and her daughters get equally attached to "X Factor".
Now I have detached myself from "the box", its influence is so blindingly obvious. From soap operas and reality tv shows portraying "normality", to disgusting subliminal/overt sexual advertising and pop music, and seeing the decline in society as these "normals" become more apparent, it makes me want to open the window and scream at the top of my voice.."NO, IVE HAD ENOUGH. IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!"

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The problem goes way deeper than most people even understand. Racism is perpetuated by tv, music, and the media. Black people have their own culture, their own tv channel, their own slang, are allowed to say racist things, and any black person who acts "white" is a social outcast. When white people act "black" they are ridiculed. The media and television tries to convince whites today that they should feel guilty and responsible because people who happened to have the same skin color were responsible for slavery, racism, and the destruction of Native American culture, all things that any decent human recognizes as wrong regardless of faith or creed. Because they had the same skin color as you that makes you responsible!! How stupid is that? How easily manipulated are we? It's like we forgot the brilliance and simplicity of Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream that his children not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Republicans and democrats think that they are ideological opposites, yet agree on every major political issue, which is why our system does the same thing over and over again. If you watch conservative media, you are convinced that democrats are crazy and brainwashed, and vice versa if you watch liberal media. In reality most of the people who treat their political party like a religion are smart reasonable people who have just been brainwashed.

The way we romanticize and glorify war, one of the most horrible things in humanity, is sick. Parents willingly send their children off to a foreign country to kill people and risk being killed to spread democracy, which probably is bull# anyway? You watch a war movie and the background music is angelic. We have elaborate processions for every dead soldier. If you question the war machine, which a small number of people make fortunes off of and lobby to keep the machine going, you are unpatriotic and a danger to the safety of our country.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Instead of fighting us head on, they manipulate us to fight ourselves. Turn off your TV and upgrade your internet speed. Seek your information, don't be force fed.

"Right In Two"

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut and divide it all right in two [x4]

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over prayer,
overhead and light
Fight over love, over sun,
over another, Fight for each other,
for the ones who are rising.

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Cut and divide it all right in two [x3]
RIGHT IN TWO!

Right in two...

Listen to Tool...and try not to be one while your at it.
edit on 8-12-2013 by eisegesis because: added video

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
TPTB can plan and scheme all they want to. They haven't been able to get anything right in the few hundred years they have sought power and they will continue to fail. The big fail will come when they think they will take down the US constitution. Americans don't want to fight. But give us a reason, and we'll fight to the bitter end. Barring this being the war of the beast and the saints and the known outcome, nobody can stand against God.
To the atheists that I know are about to pounce, read some of G Washington's letters from during the war as well as comrades. Many battles left the general with bullet ridden clothes and he never got a scratch. Such stories come out of every war.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I didn't watch t.v. for 8 years. Just hooked up uverse full internet and tube last month.
I remember feeling deprogrammed after a week, more a month, and even more so a year.
At 8 years, there's no reason for me not to entertain myself a little here or there.

DVR is fun, as is on demand.

Commercials have a lot more graphics, and many "actors" and "news" anchors now seem to act in ways foreseen in the movie, "Idiocracy"... a few are actually quite hilarious, but overall there does seem to be a dumbing down, with small pockets of cultural progression in spite of the corporatocracy in full play.

I think it's just one big mess of an experiment.

Instead of a divide and conquer, I'm seeing a free for all trashy programming.

People seem to confuse hedonism with enlightenment, so this is what we get. What the people apparently want.

Is it truly so?

Hopefully a next-gen console or all-in-one media device finally breaks the cable tv monopoly and brings a-la-carte pricing to the programming. Then we'd have a more accurate understanding of what people are interested in.

I'm not seeing a conspiracy to divide and conquer by little bits of individual series. That's just life imitating art. Always has been. If you got the talent, set the world ablaze. I do think there's a lot of shenanigans going on with the "news" networks, but overall it seems like incompetence mixed with pentagon/white house influences.
edit on 8-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

Listen to most music from 1960 to 1975 and it has the same message.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this thread. All I got to say is it made me think of (eu)social insects. It made me think of Oxytocin. It made me think of one size fits all. It made me think of a worldwide culture born on the internet.

They're figuring out what's "normal" and they're balancing society on that basis. They're optimizing and clearing the clutter. If you fall outside "normal," life is not as enjoyable. By "they" I mean the best of us. The people who excel.

I think it's a battle between the collective knowledge of everybody and the need for individuals to be able to sometimes act without outside supervision. It's a sloppy balance between the two, with many - as I understand - unknown factors.

I hold high hopes some humans will escape earth government and go to other places. The survival of our species might depend on it if earth fails.
edit on 9-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

You're absolutley right. I guess I enjoy the somber, ambient nature of Tool and their music. Why don't you offer up a song.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

whyamIhere

I think you are correct.

Free-thinking people are beginning to unite on a few things.

The Sheeple will wake up....I see it happening.

i do as well, good point Sir. i think, as i mentioned in another thread, it all boils down to fear. if you (choose) to live in fear you will not get very far in this world, you will become all the things you do not desire and "they" will have won, so to speak.

ATS is a fear based society in and of itself, i have noticed. i wish more people would get this excited about living without fear, put as much energy into changing themselves for the better, instead of insisting everyone else does first. when we expand society in a non fear based way, then we will be well on our way to a better society and that starts with each individual first.

top topics

join