It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
NASA will NEVER EVER show real-time live HD quality footage for the simple fact that they don't want us seeing what's truly out there. We shot missiles into space only to have then destroyed by alien craft, Russia sent probes to the Mars moon Phobos only to have it destroyed after a 16 mile shadow of a saucer was observed behind the probe, and then there was the Tether video where hundreds of HUGE craft were observed 72 miles away behind a 12 mile Tether and dwarfing the Tether in size. NASA doesn't want us to know what they know & what most high ranking military men know - That we are on the low end of evolution & technology in the cosmos.
edit on 10-12-2013 by ELE115PWD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

I totally agree,, nice critique.

ohhh my,,,

It seems,,Nasa, is on the ball,,,or having one?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

All he showcases in that video, is a severe lack of understanding about NASA, science, and technology. He's funny... I'll give him that, but that's it.

"Why can't you turn your fancy telescope cameras toward ISON, NASA? Whyyyyyy?!"

Because, they are not toys. They are not there for your amusement. They are not there to satisfy your curiosity. They ARE there for scientific study of space, not just comets, and certainly not for what you think they should be looking at. Most are equipped with instruments far more important than their cameras, from a scientific standpoint.

Yes, comet ISON was predicted to be the comet of the century. Yes, that prediction failed. It's not the first time that science has been wrong. Those predictions were estimates. Educated guesses that unfortunately turned out to be wrong. Comets are notorious for being unpredictable.

"Comets are like cats: They have tails and do whatever they want."

"At this point all I can say is the same thing I've been saying all along: predicting comets is like predicting cats, good luck with that.”

“Comets are like cats; they have tails, and they do precisely what they want.”

(The above quotes should not be construed to mean that orbits cannot be accurately predicted. We have been doing that accurately for hundreds of years, way before NASA ever existed.)

As for the 3000 odd observations he quoted from JPL.... those were not all from NASA. The bulk came from amateur backyard astronomers, regular joes, that are not affiliated with NASA. That info is given to the Minor Planet Center, not to NASA. That is how it works.

The effort to observe, track and discover objects is a world-wide and collaborative one, it isn't solely up to the great and powerful (sarcasm) NASA.
edit on 12/10/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Thank you for sharing your opinion though I do not agree with it. You are entitled to yours as I am mine, and on this occasion I am going to have to disagree with you as the evidence I have seen and researched makes me form a different conclusion than yours.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

yea she bugging. thats all she does is try to make people look stupid but she don't know a thing either. NASA don't want us to know anything because we are just the stinking public and were not good enough to see ison with the best cameras. like Kat Williams said. nasa used to be open with the public about all their space discoveries now they keep it behind closed doors

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Not every video camera has to be on a feed. They can use better cameras to record footage that can be stored locally till it gets closer to Earth.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Oh I have to comment on this. I live I Hampton Virginia one of the homes of NASA. I could walk there from my house. People in my neighborhood work there. Normal people I have conversed with, done business with hung out with.

They are intelligent normal people. Nice people. Stop the slander.

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

She tries to educate people and I have yet to see any malice in her posts. She actually goes out of her as to be diplomatic.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am probably out on a limb with my thinking on this, but I do feel that there will be huge investment and huge money made by going to other planets and worlds. I suspect that the ordinary public won't even get to hear about these projects - which our money funds for the very rich, until all the possibilities have been analysed and all the rights have been sown up in the hands of those who already hold the bulk of wealth.

I can't see no other reason whatsoever for the public, who finance NASA and the exploration to be kept in the dark about what is going on and, certainly photographs should be crystal clear. If they have found oddities that can't be explained its time to be honest about what is up there and remember that tax, which funds this research, is earned by adults and those adults are insulted when treated like children.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Give NASA a break , CGI and Photoshop effects are not easy or cheap to render. I heard it took 200 hours just to make a portrait of Morgan Freeman and 285,000 brush strokes .

edit on 10-12-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Not every video camera has to be on a feed. They can use better cameras to record footage that can be stored locally till it gets closer to Earth.

Exactly what mission are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I couldn't - and, won't be able to get anyone else, either - to listen to much more than 30seconds of this guy.

His information is fine. His introduction is long-winded, replete with opinion and conjecture (and jokes (attempted jabs)) - just present the facts. Let them speak for themselves.

[S & F for the information]

Give me something I would be able to share with the public. When people hear some guy droning on and on to introduce information, it automatically comes off 'conspiratorial' - you want people to pay attention? Simply present the facts and let them draw their own conclusion - if you're right, and you've done an effective job presenting an argument, they'll come to the same conclusion as you.

This video could've (should've) been 2-1/2 minutes long or less. Instead, it was 10-1/2 minutes.
(unacceptible)
edit on 12/10/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

MrSkid

I can't believe the ignorance of truth I find here ..... I come to this forum to allegedly find intelligent communications on a given subject. And granted at times that is the case....NOT so now.

Now if you choose to keep your little blinders on your sheeple eyes then do so. I see no reason , however to slam the likes of Jesse / BPEarthwatch , who by the way is one of the few that is giving us some sort of an accurate as possible account of Ison and the possible implications.

Go ahead and think that NASA is giving you ALL the truth and nothing but the truth. SURE ....... and 911 was accomplished with box cutters from idiots that couldn't hardly fly a plane in the first place.

Wake up and smell the proverbial $heet you're shoveling.

Care to point out what I said in my post that was wrong, because if you look on here at this thread Members Astrophotography you and your like on here will see that many of the people who have posted on this BS thread actually can and do take images.

We actually KNOW how to do it and how to process the images we dont need to try and learn from some a**holes youtube channel.

Many members are keen amatuer, semi pro or even pro photographers & ASTRONOMERS, we don't have to have a fantasy about want we would like to be true, to be honest I would love to see real evidence of an alien craft but unfortunately this site over the last few years has became a haunt for youtube lovers that DON'T want to apply any critical thinking to whats being shown to them IT'S actually you that has the blinkers on some of us go out and look and do things OURSELVES!!!!

Remember the site motto DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

She tries to educate people and I have yet to see any malice in her posts. She actually goes out of her as to be diplomatic.

Thank you. I have been accused of trolling, attacking people, being a shill, and being rude many times in the past... none of which has ever been my intention. I do go out of my way to make sure I am addressing the argument, and not the person, so thank you for noticing.

Those sort of accusations are only a weak attempt to discredit the person, so that the accuser doesn't have to address the actual argument.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ShaeTheShaman
reply to post by TheDon

yea she bugging. thats all she does is try to make people look stupid but she don't know a thing either. NASA don't want us to know anything because we are just the stinking public and were not good enough to see ison with the best cameras.

No. I do not try to make people look stupid. People are perfectly capable of doing that all on their own.

This notion that NASA always lies, has been perpetuated throughout the conspiracy community so much so..... that is almost considered fact now. Stop parroting the "NASA always lies" cliche and think for yourself.

I bet with a little bit of research from the other side of things (read: step away from youtube and do actual research), you might be surprised at how little conspiracy you find.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by TheDon

I totally agree,, nice critique.

ohhh my,,,

It seems,,Nasa, is on the ball,,,or having one?

So, the folks at NASA should not ever let loose and have a bit of fun? Should they all be completely serious, at all times, and act only exactly as you think they should?

(post by SheopleNation removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join